kichilron

Bad Version, Server Rejected Connection. Any / All problems regarding Beta-Patches for ARMA 2: OA

Newest DayZ Mod patch was delivered with 1.63.124802, which is only compatible with the Steam-Version of ARMA 2: Operation Arrowhead.

From now on you can just use the Steam Version of the game, which is recommended, as GameSpy is shutting down. From this point onwards the Steam-Server-Browser will be necessary, which the Beta patch is needed for.

ARMA 2: Operation Arrowhead has been deployed as stable-version on Steam. This means you won't have to do anything to be able to play on the newest version, simply download the game from Steam and you're done.

To install the newest 1.63 Beta simply follow these steps on Steam:

1. Rightclick "ARMA 2: Operation Arrowhead" on Steam.
  2. Go to "Properties"
  3. From the window that now opened, select the field "Betas"
  4. From the Dropdown-Menu select "Beta -"
  5. Close, Steam will now install

Launch this Version from your Steam-library to join any DayZ-Server, simply by adding this to your launch-parameters:

-mod=@Dayz

This will launch the DayZ-Mod for you and you will be able to search for any server you would like in the ingame-Serverbrowser.

To do it properly do not use DayZ-Commander, as it will launch the wrong game. Comprehensive explanation here:

http://forums.dayzgame.com/index.php?/topic/187129-bad-version-server-rejected-connection-any-all-problems-regarding-beta-patches-for-arma-2-oa/?p=2023043

If you're trying to run older versions (which is not recommended, as GameSpy shut down) do the following steps when using the Steam Version:

1. Install ARMA 2 Operation Arrowhead Beta on Steam
  2. Rightclick ARMA 2 Operation Arrowhead Beta in Steam
  3. Go to "Properties"
  4. Select "Betas"
  5. From the Dropdown-Menu select "beta108074-" (this is compatible with 1.62.103718)
  6. Done.

You can have both versions installed, as they use different folders. An option for this would be to use PlayWithSix, as they officially support it.

If you happen to have ARMA 2 and ARMA 2 Operation Arrowhead as the Retail-Version / not on Steam, you can now also activate your game in Steam with your Retail CD-Key, simply by clicking "Activate Product on Steam" at the bottom left in the Steam-Client.

If you're getting any errors, such as: "Missing CA_Dubbing_CounterAttack", follow these steps:

1. Rightclick on ARMA 2 in your Steam-List and go to properties --> Local Files --> Browse Local Files
  2. In the ARMA 2 folder copy the contents of the "AddOns"-Folder
  3. Rightlick on ARMA 2: Operation Arrowhead in your Steam-List and go to properties --> Local Files --> Browse Local Files
  4. Paste the files inside "Common"-Folder. That's it. You're set.
Edited by kichilron
Updated.
  • Like 5

Topic opened for discussion. Please make sure to read the OP, as it will answer most of your questions.

Edited by kichilron

Hello! So i chose the "beta -" thing but i don't understand what you mean afterwards. Where do i fill "--mod=@Dayz" ? Oh and my dropdown menu only has "beta -" and "NONE - Opt out of all beta programs".

So i have this problem only on the server who runs 1.62 but i am unable to downgrade. I followed the steps on one of the stickies but i still had the same problem. 

Edited by OmSanti

The new Operation Arrowhead beta is called the "development branch", like BIS developers themselves have referred to it all along.  It is the same for ArmA 3 and DayZ SA.

That way all this beta patch talk would have been far clearer far sooner.  Old "beta" patches stopped with 1.63.116523 and were replaced by the development branch at 1.63.124779

Well i fixed the bad version error by downgrading from 1.63 to 1.62! I had the error where i couldn't downgrade it but i searched a bit and found this guy " 

" who solved my problem. Just follow his steps and you will be fine.
  • Like 1

I followed your extremely straightforward instructions. But how do I get it to use the Steam Browser inside the game ? It has a big GAMESPY logo in the top right. I looked on Reddit, they said there should be somewhere really obvious to click and change from Gamespy to STEAM. Damned if I can see it ?

It depends on which version of ArmA 2 OA you are running your DayZ on.

In any case, when you select 'Multiplayer' from the main game menu, the server browser opens.  In the lower left corner is a big tab normally labelled 'Address:Internet' when the browser has started.

If you run DayZ  using 'play with beta patch' and use the old beta (obsolete) expansion, which it sounds like you are running because you have a GameSpy logo:

Click on that tab and it will cycle between 'Address:Internet', 'Address:LAN' (for locally hosted games) and 'Address:Steam'.  How many people never realised that?  The Steam selection has been there since 116523 that I know of, maybe earlier.

As of last week there was one brave server showing in that tab, ELPPAC Gaming and that is still so now.  Why the rest are not listed I have no idea ... there are 13 more right now (see below).

In the development branch of ArmA 2 OA, that's the new dev branch 1.63.124779 or later:

Click on that tab and it will only cycle between 'Address:Internet' and 'Address:LAN' (for locally hosted games).

The 'Address: Internet' selection IS the Steam browser in that version of ArmA 2 OA and now there are (... fanfare ...) 14 intrepid random modded servers that have switched on their Steam ports.

Of those 14 servers none are official public hive DayZ mod.  Mind I've only found 12 of those left active since v1.8.1 was released and it took most of those two weeks to update.

My advice, for what it's worth ... for now go back to the beta expansion until GameSpy actually pulls the plug and forces the majority of server hosts and admins to either turn on their Steam ports or die out from lack of players.  All but 14 of the total DayZ mod server population are still on GameSpy only.

This ArmA 2 OA version shuffling business has caused a whole heap of confusion for players and I presume amongst server hosts/admins, who are failing to keep up or stay informed.  Otherwise the server population would all be running the right version and be pinging on Steam ports.

• Like 1

I have followed all these instructions and still get connection failure / wrong version. Repeated all steps probably three times and it still doesnt work. Pissing me off.

Good afternoon,

I am new to forums and fairly new to the mod.

I have been playing the standalone for quite some time and decided to explore the mod for Arma2 \ OA

I have tryed seting up DayZ Mod 4 times and can never get a good experience....bad version or server rejections. My version never matches whats online. 

I am using Steam and DayZ Commander for installs and updates....and just have been unsuccessful to where is just frustrating.

"Bad version"  "Server Rejected Connection"

I have followed several guides that have not led me to a successful install where I can join online games, I would post  guides but I am not sure if links are allowed.

Can someones please post an up to date guide or direct me to a good guide that will get me setup using Steam version of Arma 2 \ OA

Sorry if this a mutliple post but i have tried everything without success. 

Thank you,

Ron

I have followed all these instructions and still get connection failure / wrong version. Repeated all steps probably three times and it still doesnt work. Pissing me off.

Make sure you're starting the correct version of the mod and to take a look which version the server you're trying to join actually has, as this is extremely important.

Merged. Make sure to post in the correct section, as you are more than likely to find a pinned topic about your problem already.

I am. I launch into server with same Epoch version, same Arma version and i still get the error. Still pissing me off.

Flexxo uploaded screenshots on this page, that was closed, and he is having the EXACT same problem as me.

http://forums.dayzgame.com/index.php?/topic/186986-fixed-bad-version-server-rejected-connection/page-5

Edited by Bestadamire

I am. I launch into server with same Epoch version, same Arma version and i still get the error. Still pissing me off.

If you actually have the same version as the server you're not getting kicked. Take a look at your Main Menu and / or post a screenshot of it.

If you do have th e same version as displayed in the servername (Beta that is, not mod-version), it's the Admins fault.

In order to play Overpoch, do we have to do the same thing. I have everything installed properly, but when I go to Steam and chose a beta, it has multiple version; beta112555 - , beta108074 -; which one do I choose because I keep getting "Bad Version, Rejected From Server". I keep hearing people say run Arma 2 OA Beta, but I still get the same error.

In order to play Overpoch, do we have to do the same thing. I have everything installed properly, but when I go to Steam and chose a beta, it has multiple version; beta112555 - , beta108074 -; which one do I choose because I keep getting "Bad Version, Rejected From Server". I keep hearing people say run Arma 2 OA Beta, but I still get the same error.

This is covered in the OP.

Topic opened for discussion. Please make sure to read the OP, as it will answer most of your questions.

Which beta do I choose? Thats not covered in the OP neither is Overpoch.

It's because it's covered in the servername, not in my topic. If it is 103718, you use 108074 (which is covered in the OP).

If it's not either of those, you need to use newer versions and launch them appropriately.

Overpoch has nothing to do with us, and we don't support in any way.

So I did everything in the OP, but im still getting the error. People are telling me its Arma 2 OA Beta. Some say I sould uninstall it. I have no clue whats the problem.

Yes, but you still did not answer the obvious question - what is the server-version?

1.62 I figured out what was wrong. I was on the Arma 2 OA Beta, Not Arma 2 OA, So now that I did that, when i go into DayZ Commander it says Update Arma 2 OA. Should I?

Edited by fattboi94

1.62 ranges from 97332 to 108074, almost none of them are compatible, please be more specific.

I did all the steps required yet the out-come remains pretty much the same, a plain white screen once I've connected and loaded up in the server. I can move for maybe a milisecond and then everything immediately goes a pure white and locks up my entire game, I have to close the process to exit the screen.

The specifics are as follows with versions/steam/dayz commander:

Dayz commander:

http://puu.sh/9vr8r/24b6f52099.png

This gem just appeared randomly:

http://puu.sh/9vrfW/c2067ac036.jpg

Steam setup:

http://puu.sh/9vryt/ef230630b1.jpg

For some reason in multiplayer I also get this pop up now, "Path 1.62 is now available for download at arma2.com" which doesn't make any sense but I did launch it from dayz commander. So perhaps that has something to do with it? On a side note before all of this, I reinstalled arma 2 (which I purchased, its not the free version) and I've reinstalled arma2oa completely (this didn't fix anything at all I do not suggest doing this). I've also verified the integrity of arma 2 and the expansion multiple times (only good for one time, after that its basically going to loop that it needs to revalidate BE).

edit:

It appears its missing a validation file...

http://puu.sh/9vsDV/83f2f28e56.jpg

It said it was installing the BE anti-cheat software.... I learned that this is just by default what you will get when revalidating your copy of arma (which happens to be BE it has nothing to do with it being corrupt).

Last edit:

For those interested and experiencing a issue similar to me it helped to do the following (this is entirely experimental and I do not have this down to a science):

take the arma 2 directory located in commons and drag and drop ALL of the files over the arma 2 oa (this helps with missing map errors apparently), I made sure to do everything suggested by the OP, I ran steam as administrator, I eventually reinstalled dayz (through dayz commander) and epoch (untested, I only was able to successfully do this via a vanilla sever), something to note is the launch options now that game spy is down you have to be sure to alter your launch options for what ever mod you're going to play, and I ran arma in windowed mode while i tested this. I was only able to connect once to a near empty server. I'll be sure to update my post with a more stable and reliable solution to this problem provided I don't just move onto a game that works out of the box. Good luck and happy googling.

Edited by strike325

Just a hint:

if you're using DayZCommander (which is most likely the problem you're encountering here) you will end up with the wrong version.

Try to launch it manually from Steam to ensure you're using the correct Beta Version.

To launch from Steam, rightclick it -> Properties -> Set Launch Parameters -> add this:

-mod=

Now - after that set whatever mod you're using, which is the exact foldername in your ARMA 2 Operation Arrowhead folder. In Vanilla DayZ's case it's "@Dayz"

Just a hint:

if you're using DayZCommander (which is most likely the problem you're encountering here) you will end up with the wrong version.

Try to launch it manually from Steam to ensure you're using the correct Beta Version.

To launch from Steam, rightclick it -> Properties -> Set Launch Parameters -> add this:

-mod=

Now - after that set whatever mod you're using, which is the exact foldername in your ARMA 2 Operation Arrowhead folder. In Vanilla DayZ's case it's "@Dayz"

I've already gone ahead and done that,

http://puu.sh/9vwGj/b4d870d8cf.jpg

: /