ZombieGuy23

Mosin 9130 - Where to find?

I've found the pistol and M4 multiple times and they are very easy to find at military bases, but the mosin 9130 almost doesn't seem possible to find at times. 

Any tips?

I found one in a big industrial type building. Or maybe it was an office building? All I know is that it had multiple levels and the gun was on a landing in the stairwell between two floors.

Thank you for the replies. I'll have to check around for office buildings and industrial buildings. 

Guessing they're very rare. 

Edited by ZombieGuy23

I just found one in the corner café type building on the upper floor on a crate. It went into good hands soon after - not mine, I'd probably just try to clobber people zombies to death err... with it.

Edited by Merino

I literally just found one minutes ago in an office building on the 2nd/3rd floor clipped into a dresser in a hallway, man was i happy. Good thing I found some ammo lying around earlier!

Haven't shot one bullet yet though...waiting for dem zombies to become a real threat.

Beleive it or not,  I found it often in the hospital buildings,  I put the picture.  And they are usually on the third floor on a shelf.     There is some in Elektro and my fav one is in Vybor (North West area)

2013-02-02_00004.jpg

• Like 1

I've found over 30 each of FNX45 and M4 but never the Mosin. It is my understanding that they will spawn in industrial and farm buildings.

On that note, has anyone actually found magazines for the FNX45? I have this pistol in real life and am really eager to use it in game. I finally dumped the pistol and the 130 rounds of ammo I had for it because I never found mags for it. Sitting on 120 rounds of 7.62mm and 600 rounds of 5.56 with 4 dual 30rd mags now from the space I saved.

Mags for FNX45 doesn't seem that rare to me? Just loot the whole NWAF (inc. tents at the north end) and you have all you need. Yesterday got M4 (+ris, flashlight, acog, m62, some stock, silencer, bipod, 5x coupled mags, ammobox full of stack of 30 5.56), FNX45 (+FNP45 holo, ~10mags or so) from one run of unlooted NWAF.

Mosin on the otherhand? Found LRS and though that i could be our group sniper, we ended up looking for ~10hours for one. Finally found it from the top of the office in krasnostav. Right after that we found another from the top floor of said building in Berezino. Behind door in the only (small) room there is on top floor. Since then, we've found one almost everytime we check the office buildings up in the north. Usually those aren't looted, since people tend to be geared up there and mosin isn't their priority find i think.

I also found couple in industrials at south.

Edited by csharp

Some from what we have gathered they can basically be found in any building usually towns,army camps etc etc :)

Some from what we have gathered they can basically be found in any building usually towns,army camps etc etc :)

Military bases would be the best bet :)

I've them in red brick houses, top floor and the roof of the office building. The construction site spawns them too.

Found one on the roof of the fire station once.

People seldom go to the very top when they look for loot, which is a mistake in my opinion.

I've found them in hospitals, those buildings at airfields with 2 stories,(first floor has a cell to your right as soon as you enter) and the back of cars.

My favourite gun in the SA.

Could it be possible that you found them from military places because somebody changed it to m4? I spend my time mostly at NWAF and i've looted that place more than i would like to admit, yet i haven't seen ANY mosins at any military spawn. And there is three of those camo buildings, two barracks, eight hangars, firestation, ATC and many tents. 

I don't say it is impossible that it has a change to spawn at military places, but was your mosin on ground or on top of the bed/chair/table/toilet/any object? 

Look in cars, i found 2-3 Mosins in cars. :)

I totally forgot about looting cars...thanks :)

I have found several. Mostly in the Building that has the piano in the main foyer. And a couple times they have not been visable on a shelf but when I tab to view another item, a Mosin is sitting there.

Look in those Station House buildings on the metal shelves. There is one right next to the grocery in Electro. They spawn there all the time. Look hard at corners too as they spawn in walls and the butt is only visible at times.

Check in barns ive found one of them in the barn type thingy that have stairs to the second and third floor

Found one in a "piano" house in Stary, in a two story warehouse near the dock spawn next to Cherno, and a barn in Vyshnoye. Thre ammo seems harder to find than the rifle so far.

Once I found 2 right next to eachother at a barn south of Solnichniy just west of the few buildings along the road.