Sign in to follow this  
Wayze

[SA] Super Rare Items = $$$?

Rocket said there will be super rate items in the standalone. Items that are so rare that just one person of thousands would obtain it.

Now, lets be honest here. What would you do if you find such an item?

Seriously, would you run around like a maniac, knowing that you will eventuall lose this item anyway. Knowing that you will never obtain this item again, would you really do this?

I remember the first few days I played DayZ. The first time I got really good gear. I was so afraid that I kind of always stayed north where people do not play. I ran around in forests and just tried to survival. I got killed at some point and it was really shocking. Whatever I would have done, if I really wanted to keep this gear I would have have to just stop playing the game.

And as there will be items in the SA that are really f*cking rare, I am not so sure if anybody would just run around with these. So what could a person in this position do?

Buy a new account...

There you go I got my super rare items locked forever, nobody ever will get it.

Or...

I sell it on ebay. What do you think would people pay for an item knowing that there are only like 10 in the world. Maybe even an item that is unique? What would people pay for this? Just look on youtube. Accounts for games, sold for more than ten thousand dollars. Single iItems in a MMO that are very hard to obtain for hundrets of dollars. However, these items are just hard to obtain, if a person is willing to do they can do it with a certain amount of time.

But in DayZ, no matter how much time you invest, even after 1000h of playtime you still would be searching this single item. Guys, I think people will pay a lot of money for these things.

And probably you think that in DayZ you can lose the items at any moment and if you have them you wouldn't use them anyway. But I know people who are like that. They don't buy these things to be good in the game, they just want to have something unique. I know a guy who paid thousands of dollars for a metin2 account, it was the best character in the game (in a certain instance, because there are more than just worlds so being the best character does not mean being the best character in the whole game). But, he was not playing with it. He had it and was satisfied that he was the best player on the server for some time.

So, what do you think? Will people trade accounts or items for real money in DayZ? I even heard of an incident where a guy stole an item from another guy in a game. The item was worth hundrets of dollars and he contacted the police. There was a real investigation and he got his money (or the item I dunno) it even was in the TV.

No matter if it is legal or not to sell these things, people will do it anyway. They did it and they always did. But in DayZ, if Dean really holds to what he promises it would be a whole new kind of value to an item.

I even heard of an incident where a guy stole an item from another guy in a game.

I heard of an incident where someone stabbed a friend to death over that kind of thing.

As far as locking the account by creating a new one. They should just respawn the item if the accounts inactive in any way. But yes, I presume that actual murders will take place over this. Or, people will pay hundreds of thousands of dollars for the golden soap. (facetious) 

EDIT: I so wish The Onion would take this and run with it. 

Edited by DrGonzo

What would this super rare item be then? If it was a gun it would have to be OP as shit for people to spend money on it.

What would this super rare item be then? If it was a gun it would have to be OP as shit for people to spend money on it.

NVG's are the first thing that come to mind, but really i doubt it would matter what it was, just the fact that something is rare is enough of a reason for some people to waste money, makes em feel special.

Edited by Fluxley
  • Like 3

People will always sell this junk. So long as you can't AFK farm loot it shouldn't get too bad.

What would stop the seller from taking your money and killing you in game, or just not showing up? There is no recourse.

• Like 3

What would stop the seller from taking your money and killing you in game, or just not showing up? There is no recourse.

Like I said, these things happen here in my country and people call the police. It's the same as if someone steals your real sh*t. Besides that, nobody would go around like "Hey meet me on server ..." they would be like "I sell my account for 500$" on ebay. They don't sell the item, they sell the account.

That's how it is often done anyway.

Edited by Wayze

Like I said, these things happen here in my country and people call the police. It's the same as if someone steals your real sh*t. Besides that, nobody would go around like "Hey meet me on server ..." they would be like "I sell my account for 500$" on ebay. They don't sell the item, they sell the account.

I've never tried it, but I imagine if I called the cops to tell them I paid some dude on the internet to sell me a sniper rifle and NVGs for a zombie survival game and he ripped me off they would laugh at me, and justly so. I have no doubt some losers will try to buy gear with real $$$, and most of them will be ripped off.

Edited by jukaga

Ive done it ebfore in other games and ill do it here

but lets be honest

if theres shit that only 3 people can have out of 100-200 how ever much there will be in the sa, and if you kill those people the item just gets destroyed

it wont even be worth it, im seeing so many issues with this whole 1-10 of a rare thing on a server deal when it highly people who A) Join server first day of launch B) Join server first day of launch and C) Join server first day of launch

yeah

8 $ per bowler hat and 10$ for matching tie. Get into Hetties HatsnTies before prices go through the firestation roof guys, once it's gone..ITS GONE!!!

no refunds.

no warranty

hat may or may not be a hat.

ties may or may not be string.

you will be shot and items stolen after payment.

• Like 3

They don't sell the item, they sell the account.

As far as DayZ goes that could not really an option for a lot of people.  Since DayZ standalone is going to be steam exclusive and most people have multiple steam games and possibly items you don't really want to sell your steam account.  If it'll just be like the Arma 2 key thing (which I doubt it will, but even if it is) there's no way for the buyer to make sure the seller can't suddenly decide to use it whenever they want or sell it to another person.

Point is I think a lot more people will be hesitant about DayZ account trading.

As far as DayZ goes that could not really an option for a lot of people.  Since DayZ standalone is going to be steam exclusive and most people have multiple steam games and possibly items you don't really want to sell your steam account.  If it'll just be like the Arma 2 key thing (which I doubt it will, but even if it is) there's no way for the buyer to make sure the seller can't suddenly decide to use it whenever they want or sell it to another person.

Point is I think a lot more people will be hesitant about DayZ account trading.

Sure, a lot of people won't even think about it. I was not talking about these people. I was talking about people who want to earn hundrets of dollars just by playing a game and the people who are willing to buy something for thousands of dollars just to have it.

SA will be just an ordinary computer game, nothing more.

Nope.

Tought answer: Yes true maybe these 1 in 1000 rare weapons would be so rare, that there is nothing to trade for them.. I don't know, you're probably going to get backstabbed unless it's a trusted trader, and what are the chances in a trusted trader getting it?

But remember the SA is no MMO.

Edited by Dekkymane

And let's not forget that upon death you're losing all that gear most of the time.