GoonSquadCentral

DayZ Standalone... ...Let's Talk.

So, hi.

I'm Jeremy, rather known as TwelfthSense.

Like most of you, I've been playing DayZ for over a year. watching it grow and grow, more community, players, and servers.

i remember in late November, rocket was saying the stand alone would be released in early February, then, he got the chance to make it a full game, which, is a rather good reason to postphone.

It's not September, and theres been about 10 post phones already, and lots of weird stuff.

-they had the ak-74 in and had it balanced all out, then they took it out and started working on the m4 carbine for a balancing weapon.

-trips of members of the dev team

-remodeling ALREADY remodeled objects and players/zeds

-just now; they've taken out hte zeds again to add different ones

-and about 100 more things

Listen, i LOVE DayZ. I truly do. But even as a long time fan, i've lost trust in Rocket as a Developer, and i'm sure many of you have already. and i've gave up on waiting for hte game. i may buy it, but, i probably wont play it.

tons of promises he's made and broke them.

and if its taking them THIS long, they better make it seem like an actual apocolypse, cause right now, it looks like a madman filled paradise world, its too bright adn nice looking for a apocolypse. like, wheres the shady dark skies and the haze and fog, thhe wind and storms.

to most, this may just seem like a rant, but, let me know what ya'll think! 

We should ask for all our money back!

If we actually crowdfunded, kickstarted or preordered anything than maybe we would have a reason to be annoyed, if we didn't keep ourself informed enough to understand why the game keeps being pushed back.

As it stands we didn't. :)

• Like 10

If we actually crowdfunded, kickstarted or preordered anything than maybe we would have a reason to be annoyed, if we didn't keep ourself informed enough to understand why the game keeps being pushed back.

^this.

I don't get why so many get so mad about it not being out yet. We haven't paid a single cent yet, and we also have a shiny mod to play. Be patient, the day will come grasshopper. Go find another game to take up your time.

viktor is correct, we have invested nothing into the standalone, the fact that it is taking time is no reason to moan, being a developer is hard, if your annoyed with how rocket is doing things, go make your own zombie game, call it "warz" or something, thats catchy!

I'm Jeremy, rather known as TwelfthSense.

Hi Jeremy.

It's not September, and theres been about 10 post phones already, and lots of weird stuff.

There has been one missed release date, the December one. That's it.

and if its taking them THIS long, they better make it seem like an actual apocolypse, cause right now, it looks like a madman filled paradise world, its too bright adn nice looking for a apocolypse. like, wheres the shady dark skies and the haze and fog, thhe wind and storms.

How would a virus affect the weather? I don't get it.

Edited by Max Planck
  • Like 15

To everyone who is mad about Standalone not being out yet (Just find something else to play and don't buy it when it's out)

If you feel that Rocket has lied to you then why in the world would you ever put 1 cent in his pocket and buy the game.

im not mad about it, just rather confused and a bit annoyed on everything. and there has been multiple promised releases. if oyu go watch the dev vids and blogs, you'll see.

and as for the weather, in rockets own words, this is pretty much a zombie apocolypse simulation. now after a apocolypse, do you expect everything do look like fiji?

• Like 1

10 post phones

What's a post phone? also i've not lost any trust in rocket as a developer. rather the opposite. he's one of my favourites out there. he doesn't try to meet deadlines if the product is not satisfactory. he's a stand up fella

• Like 2

yes, thats understandable. but, the 2 million player community thats still supporting him and made this all possible for him cant get annoyed? i mean ,yes, kickstarting gives say, but, wouldnt the supporters (us, the players) have the same sort of say?

yes, thats understandable. but, the 2 million player community thats still supporting him and made this all possible for him cant get annoyed? i mean ,yes, kickstarting gives say, but, wouldnt the supporters (us, the players) have the same sort of say?

yeah but what can you do and what could they do?! from what we see and hear they do all as it's humanly possible. maybe they just can't do more ressource-wise, capability-wise or the like..

we just can't do anything about it, so why would we get mad about that?

Edited by joe_mcentire

im not mad about it, just rather confused and a bit annoyed on everything. and there has been multiple promised releases. if oyu go watch the dev vids and blogs, you'll see.

and as for the weather, in rockets own words, this is pretty much a zombie apocolypse simulation. now after a apocolypse, do you expect everything do look like fiji?

I get what you are saying about the sunny atmosphere but if you truly have been playing for over a year you probably remember weather systems that many servers did not disable when the Mod first took off. There was also this thing called night time, I know it is hard to remember with the current state of the mod but a year ago you would frequently have to deal with dusk and night time lighting and use light sources that added to the atmosphere (except the terrible flashlight, man that thing sucks).

Development of the game has dragged and at this point I am not as optimistic about even a holiday season release (November/December) so I get the frustration. Most of us want the game as soon as possible, but deep down I suspect most want a good game as soon as possible which means a little patience. As always the game will succeed or fail on merit alone so we shall see whether the wait was worth it.

and there has been multiple promised releases. if oyu go watch the dev vids and blogs, you'll see.

NO THERE HASN'T!!

You go watch the dev videos and re-read the blogs, just pay a little bit more attention this time.

-they had the ak-74 in and had it balanced all out, then they took it out and started working on the m4 carbine for a balancing weapon.

They have to remodel every weapon. How boring wouldn't it be with only one gun in the game.

I get what you are saying about the sunny atmosphere but if you truly have been playing for over a year you probably remember weather systems that many servers did not disable when the Mod first took off. There was also this thing called night time, I know it is hard to remember with the current state of the mod but a year ago you would frequently have to deal with dusk and night time lighting and use light sources that added to the atmosphere (except the terrible flashlight, man that thing sucks).

Development of the game has dragged and at this point I am not as optimistic about even a holiday season release (November/December) so I get the frustration. Most of us want the game as soon as possible, but deep down I suspect most want a good game as soon as possible which means a little patience. As always the game will succeed or fail on merit alone so we shall see whether the wait was worth it.

yeah, i remember all that, but every, er, most servers now are 24/7 day no sickness and storms and spawn with dmr or m4 or something. hell, i like having to run around in the pitch black night and being scared to use a flashlight, not to mention a flare... :s

and as for it being a good game when it comes out. sadly, the way its looking right now sortof reminds me of warz...

They have to remodel every weapon. How boring wouldn't it be with only one gun in the game.

thats not the problem. the problem is they took the ak-74 out COMPLETELY then added in the m4 as a base gun instead of using a gun that was already ingame

thats not the problem. the problem is they took the ak-74 out COMPLETELY then added in the m4 as a base gun instead of using a gun that was already ingame

does this really matter? and if yes...why?

sometimes it is more plausible, more practicable and yes sometimes even easier to do things from "scratch".

Edited by joe_mcentire

I still don't get it. People turning into zombies would not affect the weather in any way.

Also, it doesn't look like Fiji. It looks like a forested coastal area somewhere in Europe.

Edited by Max Planck

does this really matter? and if yes...why?

sometimes it is more plausible, more practicable and yes sometimes even easier to do things from "scratch".

i get the practise part, but that can happen when adding more weapons in. its that they've had the ak perfected as a base weapon then took it out when they could have made much more progress without doing that

i get the practise part, but that can happen when adding more weapons in. its that they've had the ak perfected as a base weapon then took it out when they could have made much more progress without doing that

but that is pretty much your assumption isn't it? you suppose so, how would you know that? we don't know all the backgrounds we don't know certain reasons. from their perspective they had a reason to decide it that way...

The idea is to create a tense atmosphere through other means than looking like your typical horror game with dark skies, fog and storms. They are making building interiors and map objects to fit the zombie apocalypse theme and they seem to be doing a good job from what we've seen so far.

It still doesn't make sense to me why would you buy a game from a developer you feel lied to you if you don't plan on playing it.

I still don't get it. People turning into zombies would not affect the weather in any way.

Also, it doesn't look like Fiji. It looks like a forested coastal area somewhere in Europe.

Maybe the skies would turn when everything melted down and caused fires and the world started warming and the glaciers melted and all the methane from the cows.. you know cause they turned into zombies and stuff.. ;)

Edited by Wazza

The idea is to create a tense atmosphere through other means than looking like your typical horror game with dark skies, fog and storms. They are making building interiors and map objects to fit the zombie apocalypse theme and they seem to be doing a good job from what we've seen so far.

It still doesn't make sense to me why would you buy a game from a developer you feel lied to you if you don't plan on playing it.

i'd buy it because its already taken 1 year of my life, and hte mod has led to many paths