Sign in to follow this  
yorkie065

Atlis Map

Before anyone says anything, I'm going to say this: This is not what I want on Day one, and should not be incorporated until development of Stand Alone and the Chernarus map is complete! I actually understand game development having worked in the industry myself :P 

But yeh, at some point, I think it would be very cool to see Atlis (the Arma 3 map) put into DayZ SA. Im not sure how they'd do it, whether as a free or paid DLC, but it would be very cool to have Atlis turned into another infected DayZ world. 

Having just watched a heli tour of the island (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ck_xHGqZ4Vg) and seeing the detail in the landscape and size of the cities, I think it would be an awesome experience. I do however think that the map would need some work first though for DayZ. With more towns, villages and cities incorporated into it as there is a lot of rolling hills and empty rural areas at the moment. And thats why it shouldn't be done until SA itself is complete as it would take an awful lot of work.

Hopefully others will agree with me on this after they've seen the video because.....well, just look at it, it's some of the most gorgeous believable scenery I've seen in a video game. 

• Like 9

I wanna get the dev build but I'm worried I'll have to re download everything on the 12th.

Beautiful map though I'd love it, along with some of the weapons their military uses.

Before anyone says anything, I'm going to say this: This is not what I want on Day one, and should not be incorporated until development of Stand Alone and the Chernarus map is complete! I actually understand game development having worked in the industry myself :P

But yeh, at some point, I think it would be very cool to see Atlis (the Arma 3 map) put into DayZ SA. Im not sure how they'd do it, whether as a free or paid DLC, but it would be very cool to have Atlis turned into another infected DayZ world. 

Having just watched a heli tour of the island (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ck_xHGqZ4Vg) and seeing the detail in the landscape and size of the cities, I think it would be an awesome experience. I do however think that the map would need some work first though for DayZ. With more towns, villages and cities incorporated into it as there is a lot of rolling hills and empty rural areas at the moment. And thats why it shouldn't be done until SA itself is complete as it would take an awful lot of work.

Hopefully others will agree with me on this after they've seen the video because.....well, just look at it, it's some of the most gorgeous believable scenery I've seen in a video game. 

Well maybe they'll offer a "DayZ extended" if you own arma3 and dayZ.

I don't see them "offering" it

DayZ is on the Arma 2, and the SA is on the Take on Helicopters engine.

I'm not sure exactly how they'd port a map backwards, and I also think it may break the limits of the previous engine, since Altis (not Atlis) has pretty much every building enterable and is MUCH larger than Chernarus.

I'm not sure how possible it is but Altis+, made apocalyptic for DayZ, would be absolutely awesome!

• Like 1

DayZ is on the Arma 2, and the SA is on the Take on Helicopters engine.

I'm not sure exactly how they'd port a map backwards, and I also think it may break the limits of the previous engine, since Altis (not Atlis) has pretty much every building enterable and is MUCH larger than Chernarus.

I heard that due to the engine being so open and modable, it makes it a lot easier to take gameplay elements from one engine and implement it into the other....kinda..with some coding obviously. SA is taking a fair few features from Arma 3, like the sky/ lighting, and the movement with also it's own mechanics, and Arma 2 mods too like the ST Bunny hop. Thats what I've heard anyway, can't be assed to check for 100% clarification at the moment. 

And Im not really sure if it's backwards, more disabling a few things or adding others. I know Altis (sorry) was larger than Chernarus, with Chernarus being 225km sq and Altis being 250km sq? But SA is having all the buildings re-modelled so they're enterable, plus the adition of Utes being added as well bumps up the size a little. 

Theres a lot of improvements coming server side, with player bubbles and the server handling a lot of information rather than the client, so I doubt the size of the map would be too much of an issue, especially with the usual DayZ fog and render distances. Could be wrong though. 

Well maybe they'll offer a "DayZ extended" if you own arma3 and dayZ.

I don't see them "offering" it

I doubt they would to be honest. Would be nice, but it would probably work better as a paid DLC further down the line. I know they're closing off a lot of the SA, but im wondering if we'll be seeing other islands/ maps coming back in like Namalsk and Lingor. 

Edited by Yorkie065

I'm not sure how possible it is but Altis+, made apocalyptic for DayZ, would be absolutely awesome!

Agreed, this map is awesome.

If there ever is something like an Altis+ there absolutely has to be something valuable in the middle of the salt flats.

Run, run, run, run, run.

• Like 1

If there ever is something like an Altis+ there absolutely has to be something valuable in the middle of the salt flats.

Run, run, run, run, run.

Salt for ur beans.

Run, run, run, run, run.

Wouldn't take long for someone to put a tent there.

"Any Friendlies in the Salt Flats?"

• Like 1

If I would be in charge I would not give permission to use Altis for any other game than Arma 3....

I would love to see this map in dayz.....but (theres always a but lol) There is a reason BIS Gifted the arma 2 engine to Rocket. IMO They want there new game to be what it was intended to be.....not have massive sales due mainly to a mod. And by keeping them seprate they will have 2 titles to market rather that people just choosing 1 or the other because they get all the maps in either one.

Oh i totally do not expect them to give us a free lunch , especially considering how long thos map take to make.

That's how DayZ modding is working atm..simply taking the work of others, tweak it and release it as something new....really don't like this

just my two cents