beatSTV

DayZ : Aftermath Mod

56342a34662ebb73b503b40ee6b24469.png

DayZ : Aftermath

After over 800 man hours and 3 months of hard developing the guysb (Rossymond, Amrak, Cyber and everyone who has helped) are nearly ready to release the beta. Keep updated with pictures and information on how to get accepted onto the beta via this thread

Change Log

Enviroment & Effects
####################
# [ADDED] Almost all in game sounds have been replaced including brand new sound effects for new actions (see below), enviroment, ambience, weapons etc.
# [ADDED] #New lighting system produces much more "eery" lighting effects. Each INDIVIDUAL bulb can be shot out.
# [ADDED] #New Zombie Classes - Fully Custom Skins - New SFX that don't sound like a demented cat are in the works.
# [ADDED] #Post-Apocolyptic colour effects that dynamically change depending on time of day.
# [ADDED] #New SFX for all new features (see below)
# [ADDED] #New Ambient SFX which differs greatly depending on Time of Day/Location

Map
# [ADDED] #Over 800 ours of Map Editing - Some of the most creative ever for a DayZ Mod.
### Fuel Stations, fortified by the Military in an attempt to preserve the most valuble resource. (Currently 4 in total)
### The Prison, the most ammbitious project thus far. Over 9000 items in total. Huge rewards, Huge risk!
### The Military Stronghold - The last attempt by UN Forces to stem the infection, their last outpost remains.
### Chernogorsk re-designed.
### Bolota Airfield - re-designed.
### New Town, West of Kamenka Village
### Hidden Areas in Towns and Cities containing Survivor Strongholds
### Many interior items have been added to builings/areas across the map, to aid the ability to "Search" (See below)
### "Cleansing Centre" - Buildings created by the Military when the infection took hold to detain and treat the infected. These buildings contain the key to
curing the infection. They also contain some amazing loot!

Features & Actions
##################
# [ADDED] # New Search/Harvest Function allow players to also hunt around more for equipment and loot, rather than it just lying on the floor (See below)
## "Search" Action - Players can interact with items in the worls to "search" the contents. These items have been placed inside/near
buildings and include: Wardrobes, Desks, Medical Cabinets, Cardbord Boxes, Vending Machines, Gun Cabinets, Ammo Crates & More.

# [ADDED] # New "Harvest" Action - Survivors attempted to become self seficent, growing crops etc... Greenhouses are "Harvestable" (Placed in most towns.)
6 new food types Harvestable from Greenhouses - All new 3D Models for Potato, Pumpkin, Onion, Turnip, Carrot & Parsnip. (All Cookable)
## Mouldy Food, Opium & Hemp can also be Harvested, These have a purpose for creating items!
### Which crop you get is random, working on a new system for this but for now, it works perfectly well.

# [ADDED] # Humanity Based Skin System. Some Lootable skins are humanity based, when putting on a new set of clothes, the outcome differs depending on Humanity.
NOTE : A good ammount of skins that are NOT humanity based and can be worn by anyone have been introduced also. Final skin choices have NOT been made.

# [ADDED] # Aibility to Create antibiotics, from Mouldy Pumpkin and Opium at Cleansing Centres. Antibiotics Currently still spawn in Hospitals. We are reviewing this depending on availability
of items requires to create them.

# [ADDED] # 7 Brand new Skins, Survivor Skin plus 6 Other Lootable "Local Clothing". All customised for effect.

# [ADDED] # Crafting System - Requires a Nearby Tool Chest, located at various points on the map. Huge craftable item list which is ever expanding.

# [ADDED] # Animated Heli Crashes. 2 Types of Model, Russian MI17 and BAF Chinook HC4. Each Helicopter flies to Pre Crash Waypoint, then To Crash point, explodes, crashes and creates heli crash.
## Russian and Western Loot Tables for relavent Model. Loot radius increased. Obviously the Loot Tables are completely new.

# [ADDED] # Depleatable Fuel System - Fuel is rare in the Future, take care of it!

# [ADDED] # Gut & Ignite Human - Show the ultimate disrespect - Gut your opponent and then set them on fire.

# [ADDED] # Remove clothes from dead Players, regardless of What Humanity dead player has, you get his skin. Your ability to wear it may be restriced however.

# [ADDED] # Vehicle Salvage - Removing parts contains a chance to break considering damage level.

# [ADDED] # Weapons - 100+ weapons, to add variety. Well balanced spawns will be the key. Weapons spawn relative to what they are, russian weapons in the towns, for instance.
## Added weapons have much better animations, recoil, sound etc than the standard ones. Some obviously have been used in other mods, but many are new.

# [ADDED] # Zombies - HazMat, Prison Inmate & Prison Guard

# [ADDED] # Vehicles - Beta Vehicles include the 4 Door Crew Cab Hilux in various colours and specs. Many other vehicles to come, but I have not finished the Skins yet.

# [ADDED] # All new buildings spawn loot, locations are all custom. Some issues with location may occur, report issues pelase :)

Feature Changes and Adjustments
###############################
# [REMOVED] # Helicopters Removed. They break immersion and are hugely overpowered. But in a future update you will be able to CREATE a single seat heli for transport.

# [REMOVED] # All Arma 2/DayZ Weapons Removed. They are all rubbish :)

# [ADJUSTED] # Food and drink "cans" are much more rare, as expected, but this is balenced by the ability to Harvest food from overgrown vegetable patches.

# [ADJUSTED] # Medical Loot is again, more rare. Craftable Items make up for this.

# [ADJUSTED] # Trash loot levels increased. To Aid Crafting.

NOTE REGARDING LOOT SYSTEM:
###########################
The Loot system has edited, enabling me to spawn different loot tables inside the same building, depending on location.
This is VERY MUCH a work in progress, with so many new weapons and items, balancing the loot tables is likely to be an ongoing issue, please comment on how you find it to be for you.

Because of the large number of new buildings, different tables and new types of loot pile, you may find things a bit wierd, for instance....
You go into a building and find a Russian SMG, some rounds, a Jerry can. Then you go into the same buliding further inland, it will NOT spawn the same loot Table. You may find Industrial Parts
or such like. This is not a problem, and is another way we have tried to keep people guessing :D

KNOWN ISSUES
############

A few issues already exist, for the most part these are minor things I have not got round to changing yet. All of these are on my to do list and will be sorted for release

## Chinook Heli Crash Spawns an Mi8 Model after crashing.
## New Food Types have a "Unlabeled can" appearance in inventory, this is by design as we have not finished the images for inventory yet.
## Zombies get stuck in the prison, there stupid. Will work on it, but not much I can do I don't think.

(Rossymond) Thanks to everyone involved....
Amrak, map design and generally awesome guy.
Cyber, Web design and internet type stuff!
My wife, for putting up with my obsession even with a new country, new house and 2 young kids.
Everyone else involved...thanks :)

Edited by beatSTV
  • Like 19

Screenshots

Entry to Prison - Built from scratch in an empty field.
http://imageshack.us...3/9074/f455.jpg

Cleansing Centre at Cap Golova - New roads, trees, buildings etc.
http://imageshack.us...5/5914/n7da.jpg

East side of Cherno - Currently empty fields.
http://imageshack.us...4/7015/fu7l.jpg

Searchable objects
http://imageshack.us...4/2461/2vz8.jpg

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=BYNBcFDG_f8

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=10z2P3tMerk

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=LBGeH4NI2a8

Edited by beatSTV
  • Like 1

Looks like fun, New Mod/Extras are always welcome keeps things fresh. gj

• Like 2

A few extra notes

# hemp can be smoked as a painkiller

# whole new road system (that looks like it belongs there including lighting, railcrossing etc)

• Like 1

# hemp can be smoked as a painkiller

:thumbsup:

Any pics you can share? Specifically of the custom buildings you and the others worked on.

• Like 1

I like the sound of this.

• Like 1

Pics of prison and petrol station will be released tomorrow hopefully with maybe the new survivor skin

• Like 1

Pics of prison and petrol station will be released tomorrow hopefully with maybe the new survivor skin

• Like 1

This sounds like the most amazing mod there is.

• Like 1

To highlight a few nice features and ecpand on them, hundreds of weapons added nato and western weapons are rare and only available from the un base and chopper crashes. You have the option to light someone on fire also. More details to come ....

• Like 2

This sounds really interesting, maybe a few screenshots and other previews would be nice, but from the feature list it sounds interesting.

I especially love the farming/harvesting, that's going to add a lot of variety, if you combine that with a proper loot table then I believe this mod may be very successful, I'd love to try out the beta! :)

Screenshots to come, the new crafting system is brilliant finally a use for the trash

• Like 1

new search feature - access wardrobes gun cabinets and chests for loot

• Like 1

I am liking the idea of this... overall a nice collaboration with some neat new features.

Can I ask how this will be distributed? Server and Client files for open download or on request? Leased to certain providers?

What Dayz its based upon.

What sort of DB Structure will it run.

Will you have a support function for the mod. I.e Forums or teamspeak?

Also.. will it require re-download of Chernaurs making it massive large to download?

Thanks in advance.

Will this be on DayzCommander?

I take off my hat to you OP. :thumbsup:

where do we play this one?

edit the option for gut and burn the humans is greatest :D

Edited by KoS

I am liking the idea of this... overall a nice collaboration with some neat new features.

Can I ask how this will be distributed? Server and Client files for open download or on request? Leased to certain providers?

What Dayz its based upon.

What sort of DB Structure will it run.

Will you have a support function for the mod. I.e Forums or teamspeak?

Also.. will it require re-download of Chernaurs making it massive large to download?

Thanks in advance.

The main feature with this mod is that the vast majority of the additions will be server side. It will be run on a dedicated server and I think the guys have got the website in production already. The initial beta will be closed invite only l. For your other questions I do not know I shall ask rossymond.

Edited by beatSTV

Will this be on DayzCommander?

Hopefully for the beta it will be invite only however. Keep track of this thread for info

The main feature with this mod is that the vast majority of the additions will be server side. It will be run on a dedicated server and I think the guys have got the website in production already and there is a ts. The initial beta will be closed invite only and it will require the dl of the mod folder not sure if the server files will be open to begin with. For your other questions I do not know I shall ask rossymond.

Can I ask how this will be distributed? Server and Client files for open download or on request? Leased to certain providers

The most important question in this thread, really don't want to see another locked down mod like Origins and BP for example, come onto the scene, it's already polluted enough.

With that being said though, this mod sounds very interesting and has certainly grasped my attention, sounds pretty awesome.

Hi guys,

Thanks to Steve for starting this thread, my spare time is somewhat limited right now!

First of all, the most important answer...Aftermath will be (after some beta testing and anything that rises there is fixed) completely open source. Server and client files will be available on our website and I hope to be able to get it added to dayz commander as soon as we have released. Hopefully you all understand we don't want to release anything until its actually finished or people will just get fed up with updating it every time they want to play!

As for a release date, that largely depends on how far we get with beta testing and what issues we come across with full servers

I am determined to NOT release this until is it ready, there's nothing worse than playing something that's not quite finished in my opinion. But of course anyone is quite welcome to message me for access to the beta files and update (please ensure you are familiar with operating arma expansions and file merging :))

To answer a few other questions I saw:

The mod is based on 1.7.6.1 we may look at an update in the future, but currently this is our preferred code version

It is based on the familiar Reality package.

FULL server files will be available on final release of version 1.0

We will only ask that the map edits we have created are not changed (just due to Amraks considerable time he invested in them) but obviously people can add to them as much as they want.

Current mod size is approx 2.5GB

Support will be available from myself and the team over on our team speak channel and website. All details will be posted when I'm not on the iPad and have the TS3 IP I front of me.

I welcome and hope you all will join the channel, give opinions on change logs, help out with testing and get involved. We are just trying to create something new and are just making the dayz we want to play. We hope you guys will too!

Screenshots will be uploaded in the next 24 hours, ill get Steve to do that for me, apologies for not getting them to you straight away beats, I got caught up testing the new loot structure and road structure in Cherno :)

Ill leave it there for now, sorry if any of that was rambling!

Rossymond

• Like 4

First of all, the most important answer...Aftermath will be (after some beta testing and anything that rises there is fixed) completely open source. Server and client files will be available on our website and I hope to be able to get it added to dayz commander as soon as we have released. Hopefully you all understand we don't want to release anything until its actually finished or people will just get fed up with updating it every time they want to play!

Hmmm, this reminds me of the exact same message we got from the Origin devs in the early days.

What's wrong in releasing on Commander when you are happy the mod is playable (there is no such thing as a finished Dayz mod in my experience) and pushing updates on there the same as every other mod does?

Please excuse me for being suspicious, but this community lately has made me this way.

My apologies, I perhaps worded that wrong.

The files will all be released as soon as the mod is playable. When I said complete I was referring to bugs fixed, features and map additions finished and some textures tided up. Currently I'm releasing at least 1 update a day, and that would get annoying. At the moment I'm not even 100% done on the loot system, and map additions are still being tweaked, We have not even finished the load screen lol.

The files will be released, I have no intention of withholding anything. I completely understand your suspicions, and apologise for being unclear. Obviously the proof of the pudding is in the eating but until then please bear with us while we test, finish off and get it out there for you to all play ASAP :)

• Like 2