exomonkeyman

DayZ Standalone (Alpha Release Date June)

Hello There.

Super quick common probably most posted thing in these forums. Buuuuuuuuuut.

I heard that an alpha version is being released in early June sometime. Then the more it goes from Alpha > Beta > Release. The more expensive it gets.

Same concept from the minecraft releases.

I curious if this is true? Cause i'd like to get the DayZ Standalone Alpha as soon as it's released.

Any one got any other information? If this is true? ect ect.

P.S

Exomonkeyman

There's no release date. Never has been. I don't think anyone said it would release in June. :|

Also, keys will be released in batches when the game is actually released.

There has been no release date, all they have said is they would be reviewing the situation in June and as usual gaming websites have turned that into a June release date. The main thing they were waiting on was the client-server architecture, which they have now completed so I wouldn't expect it would be too far away but whether that will be this month nobody knows.

Yes, it's following the minecraft model with a low priced alpha and the price increasing throughout beta and full release.

Edited by SmashT
  • Like 2

There has been no release date, all they have said is they would be reviewing the situation in June and as usual gaming websites have turned that into a June release date. The main thing they were waiting on was the client-server architecture, which they have now completed so I wouldn't expect it would be too far away but whether that will be this month nobody knows.

Yes, it's following the minecraft model with a low priced alpha and the price increasing throughout beta and full release.

Ah, ok cheers. Just gonna sit tight at camp and wait for SA

• Like 1

Ah, ok cheers. Just gonna sit tight at camp and wait for SA

Remember it will be in Alpha......

Alpha release yeah, probably decent amount of bugs and missing a lot of content. Also its going to take at least 6-12 months to complete game, so don't expect complete game for some time.

Edited by Bezzi

See getting it in alpha excites me for the fact of the matter that I get to show my support early on and then watching it slowly evolve actively =D. It was the same deal with mine craft and a lot of fun =D

So sit tight, and when it gets here, it will. :)

• Like 1

This isn't true.

Rocket has said multiple times that they are still rethinking the best way to release the game, but keep the population manageable.

Here is his most recent post on Reddit

We're currently considering strategy - as the release of limited number of keys could be quite unfair for people who miss out. We're not sure yet but we will consult on whatever plans we are thinking later on

Source: http://www.reddit.co...e2d05?context=3

Edited by Grief.exe

There's no release date. Never has been. I don't think anyone said it would release in June. :|

Everyone said there would be a june release :P

Everyone but the dev team, all they said was there would be a "review" in June which then got turned into a release date by gaming websites.

Who is everyone? Not Rocket. Not Señor Lightfoot. The devblog said no such thing.

*bad spanglish

Edited by SausageKingofChicago

I wish we'd at least get some info about the damn game. I mean come on...

DayZ creator Dean “Rocket” Hall has confirmed that a small-scale alpha of DayZ Standalone – the separate version of his popular ARMA II zombie mod – has started, with a public alpha still planned to begin in June.

http://www.vg247.com...alpha-on-track/

I have seen a number of these over the past month...

Edited by menaceR32

DayZ creator Dean “Rocket” Hall has confirmed that a small-scale alpha of DayZ Standalone – the separate version of his popular ARMA II zombie mod – has started, with a public alpha still planned to begin in June.

http://www.vg247.com...alpha-on-track/

I have seen a number of these over the past month...

Thats a prime example that small article ripped from this interview http://www.gamasutra...yzs_.php?page=4

Heres what Rocket actually said

once we've finished our server/client architecture -- because we're moving it an MMO model -- we're reviewing the situation of that in June, and then we do an alpha, just like Minecraft. People pay X amount of dollars and they get early, cheap access to it, and then once it's beta, price goes up, maybe, say, $10, and once it goes retail, the price goes up $10.

Edited by Fluxley

It will be realeased some time in June