Sign in to follow this  
battlemeat

Camping Tent Padlock + Key

I think a padlock and key(paired) would be a great addition to dayz.

The padlock could be a single use item(on camping tents only) with the key staying on the player but lootable apon death.

If the key is looted, the camp site would still need to be discovered before its of any use.

The player could also loot their own corpse for the key if quick enough.

What do you think?

its tent man...

a child could tear it open.

maybe a large safe or something of that madder.

one of the best things Dayz is how precious loot can be and how easy it is to lose it.

• Like 2

This was totally a legit suggestion.

i just don't see any realism in padlocking a tent.

could i make a tent in the middle of cherno and as long as i slap a lock on it it wont be messed with?

• Like 1

i'm thinking more along the lines of being able to have a house or something you can board up or something.

On a tent is probably a bad idea a metal box is better (make the box small with limit space) but with locks should come the ability to pick locks.

2 types of lock boxes

Key lock – once locked the original owner is give a key (loot able) if you don’t have a key the lock can be picked requires a lock pick kit once you have picked a lock you get a auto pick on that lock (just to speed thing up) of that life only

Number lock – no key remember the number if someone guess the number they can then reset it and pick a new number (locking you out)

Both boxes are small and have less capacity then a tent

• Like 1

On a tent is probably a bad idea a metal box is better (make the box small with limit space) but with locks should come the ability to pick locks.

2 types of lock boxes

Key lock – once locked the original owner is give a key (loot able) if you don’t have a key the lock can be picked requires a lock pick kit once you have picked a lock you get a auto pick on that lock (just to speed thing up) of that life only

Number lock – no key remember the number if someone guess the number they can then reset it and pick a new number (locking you out)

Both boxes are small and have less capacity then a tent

number idea is bitchin

Any padlock or strongbox could easily be broken into with a crowbar or even a few bullets. the only way keep gear safe should be if you can hide it well enough, Of course tents are pretty terrible at this, you can see them a mile off.

But the new patch will have the ability to bury gear in stashes which should be much easier to hide, though they do hold less gear.

• Like 1

Any padlock or strongbox could easily be broken into with a crowbar or even a few bullets. the only way keep gear safe should be if you can hide it well enough, Of course tents are pretty terrible at this, you can see them a mile off.

But the new patch will have the ability to bury gear in stashes which should be much easier to hide, though they do hold less gear.

problem solved.

So let me get this straight. I approach a tent. I have a Hunting Knife. I see the tent is padlocked. I do not have the key so i cannot loot it?

I like the idea of being able to hide a stash but lock a tent? No.

• Like 1

valid point is given here, no matter how well you lock your tent, its not really locked is it?

its like putting 10 locks on your frontdoor, a burgular just breaks your bathroom glass.

I'd say add padlocks anyway and let us be able to "lock" our tents. When stuff is stolen anyway it will be a harsh lesson on how DayZ works and that conventional game tropes do not apply. :)

Even if you had a lockbox or safe you could load it in a truck...

How about if we could simply padlock items in the tent.

2vww6lj.jpg

Edited by Hetstaine