Sign in to follow this  
ponc

Suggestion: Zombies wearing random clothes or none at all

now from what i've seen from the SA, i think this would be possible:

Make the zombies so that they are using clothes just like the player.

And have it kind of random.

This would give us HUGE variation on the zombies, not only a few always-the-same models.

Also: the could even be randomly naked (underwear,like player) .

Imagine u scavenge a house and suddenly in a room there is a fat zombie guy in his underwear, trying to eat u.

fantastic.

Edit: also you could loot those clothes from the zombies, but with a really high risk of it beeing infectd with al kinds of diseases!

Edited by ponc
  • Like 18

<snip>

Imagine u scavenge a house and suddenly in a room there is a fat zombie guy in his underwear, trying to eat u.

fantastic.

Lol. That's pretty scary sounding.

But...Now imagine a fat zombie guy dressed in ladies' underwear chasing you. :wacko:

Now, try to unimagine it.

Mind bleach, anyone?

Lol. That's pretty scary sounding.

But...Now imagine a fat zombie guy dressed in ladies' underwear chasing you. :wacko:

Now, try to unimagine it.

Mind bleach, anyone?

ew. Edited by nousernamehelp

just added the following:

you could loot those clothes from the zombies, but with a really high risk of it beeing infectd with all kinds of diseases!

Edited by ponc

what sicko would do that and why disguise as a zombie if they spawn with random clothes.

would the clothes be wearable by player?

not sure if the clothes will decay visually, if not it would kind of ruin zeds...

nice general idea though

yeah, clothes wearable by player.

Rocket already stated that in the SA, all items will be objects that have all kinds of various attributes stored on them.

Also Decay/Degregation.

So much for the clothes.

Visually decaying them shouldn't be a problem either, it's enough if they just add some dirt textures over it.

Also add amputated limbs. Fat Zombie wearing women underwear with no legs or arms.

• Like 1

So far it's only been bronies disapproving this. Therefore I must agree with the OP.

Hate to spoil the party but the clothes on zombies are fixed for performance reasons. I think it came up in one of the PAX videos when Dean was answering questions to DayZ fans and one of them asked if they could wear the zombie's clothes.

• Like 1

*see's naked zombie chooses not to run the other way*

takes clothes off.

• Like 1

Zombie hookers would be nice, indeed.

With boob physx

takes clothes off.

s

and here the "fleshsword" got a new meaning

Edited by ponc

If it doesn't effect performance, it would add to the realism, though I'd skip any nudity to smooth things over with the ESRB.

I crave variation in the appearance of the Z's, it could be location specfic. Also bikinis, like Dead island but without the repetition. The combat in Dead Island is quite visceral, something to be experienced. Went back to it months later to continue storyline and found had lost the rhythm of the combat, something I wasn't actual conscious of. Still an occasional seaside resort, city center bar or something would be interesting. I wonder if it would effect the behaviour of the players,.