Sign in to follow this  
exomonkeyman

DayZ standalone more weapon camos sights grips idea

Hello There.

This idea had probally allready been said. But may be i have a diffrent take on it.

Simple.

More

Weapons

Camos

Sights

Grips

Mags

i love that feeling when you find that awesome gun. It would be awesome to find much more types of guns. Like an G36C with a brown tiger camo. Or with a grip + red dot sight. Just creating more veryations of weapons around the world.

Even better. Being able to change he camo + sights on the fly with he new backpack system. But of cous much more work. And allso you cant find sub machiene guns with sniper scopes on them. Snipers have sniper scopes.

And your awesome M4 or MP5 wont be ruined by a stupid scope on it.

Just makes finding a M4A1 just that M4A1 perhaps a better more uniqe find.

Your opinions?

Edited by exomonkeyman

No need for a sniper scope on an MP5.

There is a need for sniper scopes to be on beans, though. That's a must.

• Like 1

And allso you cant find sub machiene guns with sniper scopes on them. Sniper scopes have sniper scopes.

This wouldn't work very well because a scope designed for a powerful rifle would be inappropriate for a cartridge that drops as quickly as a pistol round... I wouldn't want a 10x scope on an MP5 or what-have-you.

Changing attachments is already going to be implemented in the standalone... not sure how close to ArmA 3 it will be.

This wouldn't work very well because a scope designed for a powerful rifle would be inappropriate for a cartridge that drops as quickly as a pistol round... I wouldn't want a 10x scope on an MP5 or what-have-you, though I would want a 10x scope on my can of beans. That's one thing that Rocket better add, or I will hilariously rage quit.

Changing attachments is already going to be implemented in the standalone... not sure how close to ArmA 3 it will be.

Yes sorry i messed up there in what i said. I agree witg you and i changed it. It woukd suck to find a MP5 ruined by a stupid OP zoomed in Scope

Less military weapons.

More civilian or home made weapons.

This is post-apocalyptic, not a military shooter.

Or that's what it was originally anyway. I don't know what it is now.

Luckily for you, in a zombie scenario, the military would abruptly disappear, taking all their weaponry with them to some alternate dimension.

Just kidding.

Do you honestly think their would be little or no military presence in this scenario?

Less military weapons.

More civilian or home made weapons.

This is post-apocalyptic, not a military shooter.

Or that's what it was originally anyway. I don't know what it is now.

You are in the equal area of the russian mud huts. The military presence here is two bases, both of which are very low staffed.

The fact that you can find american weapons in said mud huts is crazy enough, I don't want anymore tacticool guns.

Edited by Caelum

No, no, no and no. This is a zombie survival game, not a military simulator. Go and play Vanilla ArmA, COD or BF3 if you want that stuff

Edited by jdz

You are in the equal area of the russian mud huts. The military presence here is two bases, both of which are very low staffed.

The fact that you can find american weapons in said mud huts is crazy enough, I don't want anymore tacticool guns.

Finding completely wasted HMVIIs everywhere I go makes me think the US military presence was pretty strong before the zombie outbreak. Maybe had something to do with it actually? who knows...

Also, ak47 counts as a military weapon right? and there's surely plenty of ak's there.

*So many weapons threads*

*Time to post my thoughts for 1000th time*

I honestly don't want to see too many guns with 1913 rails, red dot sights, laser designators, flashlights, vertical fore grips and all that jazz. They are prolific in certain militaries and in the US, but I doubt they would be in Chernarus.

On the subject of guns, there is plenty of criminal activity in Eastern Europe, guns are not uncommon. Look at these statistics out of the Ukraine:

Interior Ministry: Amount of weapons seized in 2011 would be enough for a small war

"A total of 2,781 pieces of weapons and explosives, including four grenade launchers, two machine guns, 40 assault rifles, 176 carbines and rifles, 250 pistols, 608 sawn-off shotguns, 1,500 pieces of home-made weapons, 426 grenades, 116,700 rounds of ammunition, 738 kilograms of explosives and 678 kilograms of gunpowder were seized in Ukraine this year," the ministry said.

So, breaking that down:

2 machine guns

4 grenade launchers

40 assault rifles

176 civilian rifles

250 pistols

426 grenades

608 cut-down shotguns

738 kilograms of explosives

1500 home-made weapons

Not many assault rifles or machine guns, lots of home-made guns, and a fair amount of pistols and rifles. I'm assuming most of those assault rifles would be of the AK family. Note that these are just the illegal pistols and rifles, there are also going to be a large amount of legal ones depending on the country's gun laws.

This is more of an anecdote since they can't actually know how many illegal weapons there are in total, but it's still kind of useful. Obviously in a war zone military weapons are going to be more common, so the same could hold true for a zombie apocalypse. Chernarus probably isn't as advanced as the Ukraine so would have less control over firearms trafficking. Croatians, Serbians, Albanians, and Bosnians have seized guns from abandoned military bases or corrupt contacts.

I don't even know what the point of that was :lol: I'm just trying to say typical North and Eastern European illicit weapons look like these:

RPKUFSR.jpg?1

8Q8RAa8.jpg?1

And not like these:

dHeBVPA.jpg?1

And that brings us to the issue of FUN. Fun is important, and the way ArmA is now kind of spoils the fun factor for many weapons. You don't get a good "feel" of a gun's real-life power with the default sounds, wounding system and impact effects. You can have fun shooting a bolt-action 22 in real life, but in ArmA (most games really) it would be boring as all hell.

People might not complain about having more civilian weapons if it felt awesome to use them.