r4z0r49

1.7.6 Cans and Drinks

There has been a large amount of people clearly upset by the recent patch. As a community project, it can be hard to decide what goes into and update and what doesn't - in the spirit of the project we decided to try something we thought would be a nice "salute" to our forum mods.

It would be fair to say, that this has backfired. As is the normal process for dealing with any controversial changes to a community based project, we'll be reverting those changes and allowing a discussion to occur regarding going forward with them.

• Like 32

Hey Razor!

I think that the majority of us don't think that the thing has backfired, nor that it's really bad in any way to 'salute' people that work on the free mod DayZ is, putting time and effort into it.

I think you should start a poll, and see what the entire community thinks of this.

Either way, you could use the bilboards in DayZ, and customize them with names of people that helped DayZ become what it really is!

Cheers!

• Like 12

ours is not to reason why, ours but is to do and die...

• Like 5

On a positive note, I like what you guys did with the crossbow bolts.. although I don't like the can names, I guess it's not that big of a deal...

The majority of posts I have seen have been to do with some of the specific item titles. Why not ask the community to think up more appropriate ones?

Anyway. I'm stepping out of this know. I'll be happy with any direction you chaps decide on.

The only thing I will say is that to generate this much posting on a small (imho) issue proves that we are all very passionate about the mod.

That's a good thing to take away from this.

Rgds

LoK

• Like 5

I whole heartily support the ideas on Food and Drink names to show support to the forum mods, keep in mind people these are the few the proud and the crazy that devote so much time to keeping things running smoothly on the forums!

Edit: Its not like the current names will be used in the standalone anyways so i don't understand the big fuss!

Edited by Nomadic Nut
  • Like 8

I think the new item names were a nice gesture. The mods do a lot for this community and deserve recognition. I think this is a nice feature for now, but in the SA, they should just stick with generic names. I am not upset about this at all. I think some people take the realism part of this game wayyy to far.

• Like 2

As is the normal process for dealing with any controversial changes to a community based project, we'll be reverting those changes and allowing a discussion to occur regarding going forward with them.

Oh noes, first cut from The Last Roundup and now cut from DayZ? You know who I'm talking about... ^_^

Anyways, good decision (to discuss it more), I didn't mind the new food choices but if it's an issue with many people then it should be looked at.

Edited by Gews
  • Like 1

I'd just like to thanks to Joey and Elvaron for all of their hard work in making those items. It was appreceated by some.

Edited by Fraggle
  • Like 28

I think people are overreacting, but I'm just a forum mod. It's a interesting nod to the forum staff, however I still don't see the need to be upset over it as it's a content update with more food to divide and include, as well as variety. But hey, it's more leaning towards the community this DayZ Mod.

(And I didn't even get included.)

• Like 8

I don't think people need to worry too much about the forums mods lack of appreciation, Rocket has already shown them his gratitude for the work they have and are doing by giving them the access they already have to DayZ Standalone before anyone else and a free copy of the game as well.

I think they've done fine out of all this personally, we'd all kill to be in their position right now, so lets not clutter up the mod with unnecessary extra food and drink items for the sake of it.

Edit: I'd just like to add I couldn't care two shits about the names of the items personally, I just feel that we don't need so many extra food/drink items in the game, nothing personal at all to you mods, I appreciate all the work you do round here.

Edited by RedNome
  • Like 5

It adds humor to a serious game. I like it

It's really an issue that is extremely overblown. I wouldn't be against some basic, generic, rebranding of the items, since this all has to do with the texture and item description (Not the actual item name as it is in the inventory). I think its humorous for the community to have those names. I'm actually curious how many that are complaining have actually seen them ingame, or just saw the changelog and freaked about it.

For those that don't know, the food items are simply "Can (Spaghetti or Ravioli, etc)" with the item description giving the name, of which most don't ever read more than once. For a community driven mod, I think its a nice nod to the team and mods who help out.

• Like 6

I don't think people need to worry too much about the forums mods lack of appreciation, Rocket has already shown them his gratitude for the work they have and are doing by giving them the access they already have to DayZ Standalone before anyone else and a free copy of the game as well.

I think they've done fine out of all this personally, we'd all kill to be in their position right now, so lets not clutter up the mod with unnecessary extra food and drink items for the sake of it.

Post this again when you put in 2000+ hours on the forums. KTHXBAI

• Like 2

Hang on a sec... So where's all the people that hated it now? Did they run out of steam already?

This happens after every patch TBH so I guess it may as well have been about tinned goods, rather that than bloody zombie AI or dogs.

• Like 5

Great work to Joey and Razor. Too bad it came down to this but if it means keeping the peace within the community, I'm fine giving up my can o' peaches.

• Like 4

Fraggelo's will live on like a burning torch of hope in my sig as a reminder of what could have been. Farewell my lovely Fraggelo's, it was nice (never) seeing you. QQ

• Like 3

I have yet to play the new changes (damn you work!) But I can understand why people would be complaining about it "breaking immersion" some of the names sounded a little silly I think the forum mods deserve recognition for all of there hard work so maybe try and reach a middle ground? Tone the way it sounds while still acknowledging the mods? Either way I don't really mind I'll still eat the food and drink the drinks

• Like 1

You will be missed grape drank, lol. Oh well, the gesture was nice

Edited by smasht_AU

Honestly having more food options is kind of refreshing, I think it's pretty funny seeing all the butt hurt people complaining about something so minimal, You guys do a great job you deserve to keep it in, wasn't hurting anyone.

• Like 1

For Christ's sake, if you're going to impliment this please make the names more serious. MZLY MZLY soda or whatever and Derpy Hooves' Tinned Muffins are idiotic at best and while you're trying to pay tribute to the team, is a brony themed name and something seemingly random like that the way to give the game a serious tone?

And damn, if you're doing tributes where the fuck are Dean's Beans? I mean, he only created the mod and got it to where it is now, and he gets nothing? Plus the model was done when Rocket was looking for artists and was really popular, and we have the creator posting on Reddit that he is ready to give it to you guys...

Edited by Col Brown
  • Like 5