Sign in to follow this  
Yosh Vebb

"Missing executable" Beta patch Steam issue?

Steam issue:

I downloaded Arma 2 and Operation Arrow Head on Steam, ran them both, then downloaded the DayZ mod (also from Steam). When I try to run Dayz and use the Beta Patch (the newest version, required to play on almost all servers) it says "Failed to start game. Missing executable".

Any ideas on how to fix this? Any help at all would be appreciated :(

Thanks!

My first guess was that this is related to the old bug where you had to actually run each game without the mod first before you try to run it with the mod. Steam can be really picky about things like that. So I tried that without success. Then I noticed that it was installed to a different steam library location than the rest of Arma2. So I uninstalled the Dayz mod, then I ran both Arma2 and Operation arrowhead without having it installed. Then I reinstalled it to the same steam library as the rest of my Arma files, and that solved the problem. I hope this helps someone!

Likewise, I had the same problem with the beta. It was giving me the same error trying to run Dayz with the beta patch, and sure enough, it was installed to the other library. So I reinstalled it to the same library as everything else, and I ran it before trying to run Dayz again with the beta patch. Once again this solved it.

Edited by wompshmack

The fix is simple. If you are receiving this error? Make sure you have Operation Arrowhead Beta installed, too.

My brother had this problem, and we searched high and low.. Couldn't find it. So we tried installing the OA beta and sure enough, it worked.

you sir are a genius cant beleive i didnt notice that when installing it lol...but thank you !