Sign in to follow this  
unkillable94

The 8th Infantry Division's first ever Squad Survival Challenge!

Hello, I am Colonel Brown of the 8th Infantry Division. I would like to formally announce our clan's new event we hope to run every week, or at least every other week. What is the Squad Survival Challenge? I guess you could say it's like the Survival Games, but you don't have to be a well known streamer to get in, and the size of the squad ranges from 3-5 players as opposed to two. Who can make up a squad? Clan mates, IRL friends, people you met a few minutes ago who didn't instantly shoot you in the face, anything goes really.

The event consits of six teams of 3-5 players (we will change the size every week to make it easier for people with smaller or larger groups to compete) competing to eliminate all the others. How does this work?

-The teams will start in Kamenka.

-The goal is to gear up and eliminate the enemy squads.

-Each round will last up to six hours. One hour will be spent in the coastal zone, 3 more will be spent in the inland zone, and a further 2 in the Stary zone. If any teams survive that it will be a sudden death match at NWAF. (Images further down)

-There are currently no prizes other than bragging rights, but that may change based on how many donations the 8Inf clan has left over after our expenses and how much is donated to the Challenge. We will have a public TeamSpeak with locked rooms available for your use during the match.

Our rules are:

-No respawns.

-Vehicles are enabled, but air vehicles are not. If a heli or biplane manages to survive into the games and you are caught using it (i.e. the engine is running) you will be shot down and your team disqualified.

-You are not to fire on the observation MI-17. If you do you will be disqualified.

-Streaming is allowed, but we can't control who views your stream or what they do. If you are stream sniped we are not responsible. We can not do anything about it, nor will we give you a second chance. If you die, you die.

-Spectators are allowed. You will be taken around in the MI-17. There will be 3 1 hour sessions allowing for 16 spectators in each. Donators will be given priority, otherwise first come first serve. You will not be allowed to join more than one session, and if a match ends before your session joins you will be given the option to reserve a spot in the first session the following week.

-You must arrive 30 minutes in advance of the start of the event of you may be denied participation that week.

-You must have a team name as well as a tag worn by members to be used as identification during the Challenge.

-An admin will be monitoring the server at all times, if you are found hacking, teleporting, or spawning in gear or vehicles you will be disqualified and banned.

-We're here to have fun. No crying, whining, raging, or anything similar will be tolerated in side chat.

-Everyone will be taken to Kamenka for a briefing and short introduction of the teams. For your spawn location, please locate the nearest pickup location and wait there. The helicopter will make 2-3 passes along the coast. If you miss all three without a good reason you will be disqualified.

-Spectators are NOT allowed to stream.

-You must stay inside the defined boundaries. You will get one warning if you are outside them, after that you will be disqualified.

We will be experimenting with two different map set ups the first couple of weeks. Both the success of the matches and the viewers' votes. The map set ups are:

http://i.imgur.com/L1mhOe8.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/GrqcF8z.jpg

More info will come on the specifics of each map when it is used.

I will be streaming commentary of the event with some 8Inf members so feel free to tune in. We will be accepting donations to the Challenge to be used as prize money, if you like what we are doing or feel like donating please go to DayZ's 8th Infantry Division on PayPal and donate. Of course this is completely optional, you will get priority for spectator spots and maybe a few other surprise perks. We will have records of every donation and payout we make available for public view, we want to be transparent with this. PM me if you would like to see our records once we start recieving and paying.

When applying, please use the following format excluding the <>:

<Team Name>

<[Tag]>

Team Leader: <Name>

Team Members: <Name, Name, Name>

Stream Locations (if any): <Stream URL, Stream URL, Stream URl>

Squad Survival Challenge 1

Saturday February 16th, 2013. 12pm Central (1pm Eastern, 10am Pacific, 6pm GMT)

Squad Size: 4

Team 1:

Team Name: LADZ [CMC]

Team Leader: Azzasin

Team Members: Rogie, Gaz, Kezzmiester

Streams: http://www.twitch.tv/cmc_azzasin

Team 2:

Team Name: Team Madsnake [MsN]

Team Leader: Panics

Team Members: Noob, Flower, Azrael

Streams: none

Team 3:

Team Name: Ramsey Street Assassins [RSA]

Team Leader: Lou Carpenter

Team Members: Harold Bishop, Toadfish Rebecchi, Karl Kennedy

Team 4.

Team Name: Reddit Rescue Force Special Task Force [sTF]

Team Leader: Quick

Team Members: Colonel, Face, Sierra

Team 5:

Team Name: Exertion [e]

Team Leader: Fus

Team Members: Kubb, Demize, Whsck

Team 6:

Team Name: DayZ 10000 [DayZ10k]

Team Leader: Malicious

Team Members: Raptor, Brenden, Mathias, Cowboy, Harlan, Swayze, Mandis, Church (waiting on final selection)

Session 1 spectators: (12pm - 1pm)

-0/16

Session 2 spectators: (2pm - 3pm)

-0/16

Session 3 spectators (4pm-5pm)

0/16

Edited by Mazon
  • Like 5

Thank you, we were actually running a training op which is similar to this and one of the randoms on our server at the time who saw it suggested that we make it into a community event, so here we are. I'm hoping the community, both participants and viewers, gets as much enjoyment out of this as we do.

love the idea and super psyched to compete, how many people will the first one be per team?

This first one will be 4 people per team, then as the stream is going on I'll ask people to vote in a poll on whether they want to have one with 3 or 5 next, and we'll start up a cycle from there.

Do we just apply right here?

Yep.

• Like 1

Name: LADZ

Tag: [CMC]

Team Leader: Azzasin

Team Members: Rogie, Gaz, Bunce, Kezzmiester

Uniform: Camo Clothes

Stream Locations : http://www.twitch.tv/cmc_azzasin

I know you only want 4 in squad I'm not 100% who we would play with.

Thank you

-Rogie

Team Name: Team Madsnake

Tag: [MsN]

Team Leader: Panics

Team Members: noobaciousD, Flower, Azrael

Uniform: Ghille Suit

Streams: None

Starts at 5am Australian time, we've gotta want it :P

Edited by Panics

Ok cool, we have our first team. Editing the post in a bit for spectator spots and donation options.

Edit: I stand corrected, that's two now.

Edited by Mazon

Team Name: Ramsey street assassins

Tag: [RSA]

Team Leader: Lou Carpenter

Team Members: Harold Bishop, Toadfish Rebecchi,Karl Kennedy

Uniform: Ghille Suit

Streams: None

That is three of six registered, if you have any questions or want to check out the server, the IP is 50.97.49.79:3085 and you can find our TeamSpeak server at vs9.tserverhq.com:9034, you can poke myself (Col Brown) or my second in command, Capt Unser if you have any additional questions.

Reddit Rescue Force (Special Task Force)

[sTF]

Team Leader: Quick

Team Members: Colonel, Face, Sierra

Uniform: Camo Clothes

Stream Locations N/A

<Exertion>

<[e]>

Team Leader: <Fus>

Team Members: <Kubb, Demize, Whsck>

Uniform: <Camo Clothes>

DayZ 10000

[DayZ10kA] and [DayZ10kB]

Team Leader: Malicious

Team Members: Malicious, Raptor, Brenden, Mathias, Cowboy, Harlan, Swayze, Mandis, Church. Obviously only 4 people will play, but we would like to field 2 teams if possible.

Uniform: Camo if available, if not give us the survival.

Also, if you don't mind, what is the reasoning behind giving a whole squad gillies at the start? That is such a huge advantage for just being the first to sign up. Obviously this is your event and you can do whatever you want with it, but in my opinion if a squad cannot communicate well enough to hold fire on a potential friendly, they really aren't doing a great job together.

Edited by xMalicious

I personally don't find that it gives that much of an advantage. I've been playing for a short time relatively when you look at other people and I have no trouble picking out ghillies from their surroundings. This is the first, and like the first of everything there are things being tested. If it provides a huge advantage I'll remove it but I feel that it wouldn't be game-changing.

And we probably won't allow groups to have multiple teams competing at once for a few weeks, so if you could let me know which 3 you will be participating with this week I'll get it all set.

That said, if you are a leader of one of the teams either join our TeamSpeak at vs9.tserverhq.com:9034 and poke me or send me a PM on here.

It's still a work in progress, we might change a few things as we go. I will make a video later with all the information.

You can also tune into our live coverage of the event at http://www.twitch.tv/8th_Infantry_DayZ. I've gotten the chance to talk to some of you tonight, but for those who I haven't you can find the server here: 50.97.49.79:3085 and our TeamSpeak at inf8.no-ip.org (Please have your tag ready when you get on, anyone within the reserved times without any kind of tag or not on the list of participants will be kicked). I want to remind everyone to be there thirty minutes in advance (7 hours from the time of this post) and I also want to wish everyone the best of luck.

Sign ups for next week's event are now open, we will have the same setup but will be inviting teams of 5.

Edited by Mazon