Sign in to follow this  
mikkelrank

Wrong CD key

Well i have this problem, every time i try to open up dayZ from steam or from DayZ commander it says ´Wrong CD key was given´

And it is only ArmA 2: OA that dosnt work. I can start up and play Arma 2.

And i have tryed these things and they didnt help me (I just bought the game again just to try to fix it but it didnt help at all)

- Reinstall game

- Start steam as Admin

- Regedit

- Restart pc

- Verify Integrity of game cache (Every time i do that i get this error: http://imgur.com/Dls5B9n )

- Make a new steam account and buy the game again

- Remove all the ArmA files from the Common folder.

- Cant delete this: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Bohemia Interactive Studio\ArmA 2 OA

And i have not downloaded any software or anything like that and it was 3 days ago i just started not to work.

Please help me and Thanks:)

Edited by mikkelrank

Hello there

Well, if you don't solve your issues then unfortunately, yes.

Did you follow the links to the Bohemia forums?

This isn't a DAYZ issue you see, rather a Steam/Arma issue and you're better off looking on their forums for assistance.

Rgds

LoK

Hello there

This isn't a DAYZ issue you see, rather a Steam/Arma issue and you're better off looking on their forums for assistance.

Rgds

LoK

Or could i just delete anything? ArmA 2, ArmA2 OA, and the keys and just try over again?

Hello there

Rgds

LoK

Or should i just format my pc?

reset your pc to factory setting then reinstall everything it'll then work :) :beans: :thumbsup:

I had the same issue and had to concoct my own method of solving it.

Step 1: Go to Start>RUN

Step 2: Type "regedit" & hit enter

Step 3: Right click on "HKEY_Local_Machine" select find and search for "wow6432node"

Step 4: Right click on "wow6432node" select find and search for "Bohemia Interactive Studio"

Step 5: Expand the "Bohemia Interactive Studio" folder and you will see "Arma 2" & "ArmA 2 OA" folders.

Step 6: Right click on the "ArmA 2 OA folder and rename to whatever, put a "1" at the end. Just so its different than what is originally was.

Step 7: Right click on "Bohemia Interactive Studio" folder Select New>Key

Step 8: Rename folder created to "ArmA 2 OA"

Step 9: Right click on the new folder created and select New>Binary Value

Step 10: Rename the new file created to "KEY"

Step 11: Download Key Changer at http:www.cng-concepts.net/files/arma2oa_keychanger.rar

Step 12: Run the .exe downloaded and enter your CD key with no dashes. You can find your Steam CD key by right clicking on ArmA 2 Operation Arrowhead in the steam library>View CD key

Step 13: After you enter your CD key hit enter 2x, until it closes.

(

credit for that part goes to Dragonx2x

Then battleye wouldn't initialize. So I went to the Bohemia Interactive folder in program files (x86) and deleted it (edit: deleted the Battleye folder, not the Bohemia Interactive folder).

I then went to the arma 2 OA folder, Battleye setup, and ran the battleye setup for OA.

At this point I had to reinstall OA Beta in my library on steam

I ran Operation Arrowhead (not the beta) via steam to make sure battleye initialization was complete

happy dayz, all was well.

Edited by fathairybeast

I had the same issue and had to concoct my own method of solving it.

Step 1: Go to Start>RUN

Step 2: Type "regedit" & hit enter

Step 3: Right click on "HKEY_Local_Machine" select find and search for "wow6432node"

Step 4: Right click on "wow6432node" select find and search for "Bohemia Interactive Studio"

Step 5: Expand the "Bohemia Interactive Studio" folder and you will see "Arma 2" & "ArmA 2 OA" folders.

Step 6: Right click on the "ArmA 2 OA folder and rename to whatever, put a "1" at the end. Just so its different than what is originally was.

Step 7: Right click on "Bohemia Interactive Studio" folder Select New>Key

Step 8: Rename folder created to "ArmA 2 OA"

Step 9: Right click on the new folder created and select New>Binary Value

Step 10: Rename the new file created to "KEY"

Step 11: Download Key Changer at http:www.cng-concepts.net/files/arma2oa_keychanger.rar

Step 12: Run the .exe downloaded and enter your CD key with no dashes. You can find your Steam CD key by right clicking on ArmA 2 Operation Arrowhead in the steam library>View CD key

Step 13: After you enter your CD key hit enter 2x, until it closes.

(

credit for that part goes to Dragonx2x

Then battleye wouldn't initialize. So I went to the Bohemia Interactive folder in program files (x86) and deleted it (edit: deleted the Battleye folder, not the Bohemia Interactive folder).

I then went to the arma 2 OA folder, Battleye setup, and ran the battleye setup for OA.

At this point I had to reinstall OA Beta in my library on steam

I ran Operation Arrowhead (not the beta) via steam to make sure battleye initialization was complete

happy dayz, all was well.

THANKS!!!!!!! I LOVE YOU

• Like 1