neoslayer

DayZ Standalone Forum Best Ideas

Read before Comment plz

This ideas are from you guys, and just wanted to put em in a single post. exept for the Running and go prown will make you loose 30 blood

This ideas were accepted for more than the 70% of the answers in each post.

---Environment - General---

*A train or metro that goes from east to west and players have the ability to sit and drop in every station (with zeds spawns)

*Easter eggs (each one telling a part of how the infection began)

*Add minefields

*All servers go Day/Night in fast cycles

*Player start with a global map (showing only roads and cities) but by looting he has a chance to get City maps with more detailed info

----Fauna & Flora---

*Agreesive wildlife In a very small amount, bears / wolfs.

*Fishing in dayz

*Having Renewable sources of Food (Growing plants, collecting from trees)

*Greatly increase the wildlife spawning.

*Have infected wildlife and no meat value when killed.

---Realistic loot locations---

*Mental hospital on the outsides of the city (morphine, adrenaline, bandages)

*Jail on the outsides of the city some military loot (police weapon (meele, tazers, stun guns)

---Alarms---

Some buildings and cars should be alarmed

Town Sirens (bring hordes to the city)

---Vehicles---

*Being able to add armor or extra protection to vehicles (reinforced windows, spikes, etc)

*Being able to use weapons inside a vehicle,

*Being able to Siphon Fuel out of other vehicles for your one

*Some houses should have garages which you can find a vehicle in.

*Being able to put a bicycle on your car trunk or with an added item (bike rack)

---Character:---

*Add dash skill

*Suicide option

*Make Players Unique (Big choosing options such as in Saint Row the 3rd)

*Being able to retrieve clothes off dead bodies.

*Wearing Certain items for example a jacket will keep you warm, if you have a hat or helmet on and its hot it keeps you cool.

*Journal

---Added Skills:---

*Be able to give yourself blood, but need another item to do so.

(1 blood bag & 1 injector/ needle)

*Advanced 'Carry Body' Mechanic

Improve: being able to carry a body that's wounded, being beneficial means of carrying an immobilized partner from a broken bone or simply from unconciousness/shock.

If your partner gets shot or attacked from a zombie while carrying, the body will automatically fall to the ground and could possibly die or go into further injury

*Hiding a body should require an entrenching tool

*Alcohol could be implemented as an antiseptic to reduce infections on wounds.

---Crafting Skills---

*Craft molotov bombs with empty whiskey bottles + Jerry Cans

*Melted tin cans makes metal scrap. (only way to get it)

---Items---

*Bulletproof vests: Reduce dmg from some weapons

*Defribrillator (looted from hospitals, medical tents and heli-crash sites (Only 1 use inside of a 20-30 sec window since player got killed)

---Zombies---

*More zeds spawning on night time (making players look for a shelter)

*Spawning random hordes on main cities

---Chat---

*Side chat only to talk to admins

*Long communication (an acre),

*Short comuniaction (300 meters)

*Group communication (150 meters)

*Whisper (50 meters)

---Weapons & Ammunition---

*Flashlight combined with side weapon

*Hunting Knife combined with rifles to make bayonets

*Combining clips that are partialy depleted into one clip. this would save bag space.

*Stun gun disabling (knock out) players for 30 sec (one hit only)

*Tazer (1 use, knock out player for 15 sec)

*Peper spray (blur players view for 15 sec)

*Baseball / Cricket bats

*Golf clubs

*Swords / katanas

*Batons (minimal damage, maximum knockout)

*Homemade flamethrower

*Weapon bash, depending on the spot and weapon you can only blur your enemy vision, or pass him away for a few seconds.

*Supressors

Edited by neoslayer
  • Like 21

Maybe with some work (non automated), YES, maybe, No..., no, yes, yes, yes, yes, maybe..., maybe?, yes, no there's no power, no for same reason, pretty sure its been confirmed (no images yet), think it was on the 'to do' list, yes, yes, yes, what?, we kinda can already, not gonna happen, yes (I'd keep one bullet or a grenade for myself in real life in this kind of situation), elaborate, think you can in standalone, think Rocket was toying with this for stand alone, think Rocket's pretty much said no, yes, Id like that, Id like that but the 'censors' might not, FUCK YEAH, yes to being able to do that no to that being the only way, pretty much confirmed in the last video, don't think it'd be very realistic and a bit too COD-ish, hmm, yes, not sure, maybe, maybe, maybe, we have that now i think, think it will be possible in stand alone to 'duck tape' (for lack of a better phrase) flashlights to guns, id be for this, magazines and ammo will be separate items in stand alone, yes, yes, yes, yes, are there golf courses here? some kind of sword yes, yes, that would be lovely, yes, and pretty much confirmed for stand alone.

• Like 1

I see a lot of my ideas here :)

These are all great man.

• Like 2

I really like these ideas,

Pulling them all together like this will save rocket from trolling the boards so much.

You done well organizing them but would have been cool to add the name of the original poster next to the suggestion as a courtesy.

You still get my beans but I think you should share them back the the forum! :P

• Like 1

I really like these ideas,

Pulling them all together like this will save rocket from trolling the boards so much.

You done well organizing them but would have been cool to add the name of the original poster next to the suggestion as a courtesy.

You still get my beans but I think you should share them back the the forum! :P

I really wanted to put the autor of the ideas but sadly each idea at least came from 3 or 4 people. so to quote all of em will be exausted and i would have to search in every single post again. So thats why i put it like this, but ty a lot sir =)

• Like 1

Agreesive prown.

Seenging peipes.

Hello there

Nice job! Although you may want to run a spellcheck through there for the pedants, like my self :)

I approve.

rgds

LoK

• Like 2

Could we add tear gas and hazmat suits or gas masks to the list I was going to make a long post about it but this popped up.

• Like 2

thx to everyone who take the time to answer this post so quickly =)

And thx to share your beans with me =)

Im mexican so my grammar isnt perfect, but i appreciate every comment you guys made.

I´ll keep searching for extra things to add to this post, you can share your ideas!! This is what the forums are for =)

• Like 1

Quite a few of these i have never seen before so good job.

One though:

"Running and then going prown will lower your blood for 30-50, but if going prown when standing still will do nothing"

confuses me - are you implying that you feel feint or something when you run and then go prone? Or you fall and scratch your knee or something?

• Like 1

Quite a few of these i have never seen before so good job.

One though:

"Running and then going prown will lower your blood for 30-50, but if going prown when standing still will do nothing"

confuses me - are you implying that you feel feint or something when you run and then go prone? Or you fall and scratch your knee or something?

I mean more like the second option: Like in real life if your running and then throw yourself on the ground you will get hurt, prob from scratching your knee. So thats what im trying to say, sry for my bad english

• Like 1

How about completely reworked ballistics model in Dayz Stand alone that differs from Arma 2 vanilla.

Think ACE level of ballistics.

Wind affects your bullet, temperature, slope and distance all accurately affect your bullet.

You cannot unrealistically zero your rifle in 100 meter increments. Instead you dope your rifle scope using what people in real life do, mil rads or moas.

Each rifle has its own muzzle velocity and bullet drop depending on the bullet coefficient.

For example.

CZ550 fires a powerful hard hitting 9.3x62 round that can take out dangerous game in Africa with ease. However it has bad flight ballistics and a large amount of drop so realistically it can be used effectively at targets up to 400m. The round was never designed for long range target shooting.

M24 however fires a much weaker 7.62 nato round or .308 Winchester round. There are a wide variety of bullets for this case and some of the newer ones especially in 175 grain allow for sub moa accuracy at up to 1200 meters. In effect the m24 should be far more accurate than the cz550 yet for all intensive purposes in dayz mod and vanilla arma the guns are nearly identical.

Redoing the ballistics in the game and making them far more realistic would improve the quality of gunfights in the game and raise the level of play.

A good sniper in current dayz is mediocre.

A good sniper in Dayz with realistic ballistics and wind would be godlike and someone everyone in the server would take notice of.

• Like 3

Glad I'm not the only one who's unimpressed with "1337 Xx_snipez_xX" and his pals.

Ballistics should at least be replicated to the extent that people will notice the difference.

If you want to range and measure properly, power to ya.

For zeroing, I'd just count the clicks and have a look-see.

I don't do "minutes of arc". I measure in "wee bit up/wee bit down" ^_^

Edited by Chabowski
  • Like 1

*Defribrillator (looted from hospitals, medical tents and heli-crash sites (Only 1 use inside of a 20-30 sec window since player death)

Sorry man, you can't defib a flat lined heart and expect it to start up again.

• Like 1

Who says the moment you lose control over your character is the moment your heart stops beating?

Change the inspect body to say "His heart-beat is becoming erratic" within the 20 secs, if you defi quick enough you may just save him.

I know how defis work in real life, they're not used to reanimate a dead heart but used to treat ventricular fibrillation and such, but it's only a game, you can find justifiable means for anything, and if people want to carry an item for the off chance they get to someone under 30 secs, why not.

• Like 2

I like alot of these ideas, althought the losing blood when you run and go prone, not too sure i'd agree with that one. You aren't scrapping your knees when you have long pants on, unless you are running and jumping on top of glass. Ever play tackle football on concrete, you might scrap up bare skin, but hardly ever scrap up skin covered with clothing.

As for players dieing and becoming zombies, what does that do with your loot, lets say you die and make the run all the way up to loot your deceased corpse (provided someone else hasn't already and the server hasn't reset) you'll have to kill yourself to get it. We have plenty of Zombies already, no use turning your corpse into one as well. The death penalty is alreayd quite high in this game, atleast you have a small saving grace in being able to recover your corpse.

Although I agree with the rest of the ideas, the two I pointed out just don't seem to fit with me. Also for people who bring up it's just a game, a real human being can go days without food or water, yet in this game you are just about dead if you don't eat or drink in a couple of hours. A real human being in that situation would enter a town, see all those closed doors and start to break into some of those houses, in the hopes of finding loot. A real human being would sleep in his fully loaded car and wake up if someone tried to steal it from him. Not obliviously sleep on the side of the road while his car gets stolen. You can only emulate some much real life, should they add urine and poop meters as well, I mean they are part of what it means to be human. Sometimes you need to step away and realize a game is a game.

Edited by HarrySaches
  • Like 1

I can think of two ways to make this post better.

1.) Include a link to the original posts by the authers.

2.) Include my award winning Journal/Logbook idea :P

• Like 1

I mean more like the second option: Like in real life if your running and then throw yourself on the ground you will get hurt, prob from scratching your knee. So thats what im trying to say, sry for my bad english

Hey, if English isn't your first language you shouldn't ever have to apologise.

I am Australian and even we have a hard time with English sometimes.

As for the knee scratching - i hope i wouldnt scrape my knee every time i flung myself on the grass.

• Like 1

Hey, if English isn't your first language you shouldn't ever have to apologise.

I am Australian and even we have a hard time with English sometimes.

As for the knee scratching - i hope i wouldnt scrape my knee every time i flung myself on the grass.

Maybe it could just knock the wind out of you/blur the screen for a moment as if you were being surpressed?

• Like 1

Scratching my knee does not cause serious injury so that would ve pretty stupid.

Also the player is immune so no zombie players

• Like 1

Glad I'm not the only one who's unimpressed with "1337 Xx_snipez_xX" and his pals.

Ballistics should at least be replicated to the extent that people will notice the difference.

If you want to range and measure properly, power to ya.

For zeroing, I'd just count the clicks and have a look-see.

I don't do "minutes of arc". I measure in "wee bit up/wee bit down" ^_^

Walking your bullet is fine that is what you do.

With a mrad or Minute of angle adjustments you would need to do some research if not experiment yourself in game to see what adjustments correspond to what specific bullet drop.

• Like 1

You should add smell. So that you need to find Deodorant or something and if its hot and your not wearing the right clothes you will start to sweat ading more smell. And depending on how close you are and how much you smell, the zombies will be able to smell you

Just wanted to post that i liked 95% of the ideas in this post - great suggestions!

Curious cows, they just sit next to the bush you're hiding in and stare at you. Cows really do this, it's annoying.

Cars have battery that can be broken, but you can bump start with a red battery. Or it takes a while to start with an orange battery or engine. You'd have to risk a slow getaway vs. leaving it on using fuel.

Edited by BigglesPiP
  • Like 1

Actually you can, though flat-lining from heart failure is different from flat-lining due to massive trauma.

The question is, if your friend just got torn apart by zombies or pumped full of bullets, why would you want to revive him?

due to the new disease mechanic in SA - let corpses burn to ashes (fuel or spiritus + matches or lighter)