richjones19772000

Taviana, how good is it??

Still loving the chenaraus map but looking for a change, hearing good things about Taviana, is it any good? If so, why?.

I have tried Namalsk and Panthera but always ended up going back to Cherno eventually.

Taviana is in my opinion the best map.

It's 3 times the size of chernarus, every town or city has something interesting or useful, there are more enterable buildings in each city, there are more new enterable buildings, there are more landmarks/objects, there are more military sites...... it's just a much better and more interesting map than chernarus.

We run a server with 400 vehicles (daily restarts/loot re spawns too) with our own 2 clan factions (1 bandit, 1 friendly) running around killing each. We're looking for lone wolves, bandits and survival groups to get in on the fun - check it out , you won't be disappointed!

b_560_95_1.png

Edited by Box

Honestly? Taviana is the tits.

It's good, because it also means I'm really going to enjoy Chernarus+ when it's released, because I've not been constantly rinsing Chernarus.

It's good because the map is perfect. You've two main islands connected by a Golden Gate-style bridge. There's 3 airports, plenty of loot spots, and it's not too oversized so player interaction can be common.

Of what I've seen, it tends to be more PVP based but strokes for folks.

Take a look at the map and decide for yourself what you think!:- www.dayzdb.com/map/taviana

Edited by mzltv

I played taviana properly for the first time yesterday for about 4hrs.i had previously only had a quick session on taviana, I really enjoyed it seems to be alot easier to find your way around the map it looks great aswell looking forward to logging back in and continuing my journey :)

• Like 1

Taviana is a good map wouldn't put it above chernarus but still an amazing map, really one of the only bad things is spawn camping.

• Like 2

It is on a Par with Chernarus In my opinion, it offers vast expances in which to explore and lot sof new features not on Chernarus.

Go on give it a go. Part of the fun for me is exploring and finding places.

taviana is a much better map the chernarus in many ways. Landscape, detail, looting and player interaction as-well. The general populous of players who make their way onto it are either expirence or have a clue on what their doing as-well, making it a much more difficult place to play in.

overall 4.75/5 - spawn campers/random invisible walls/ glitchy doors and walls are the only downfall of a diverse map.

• Like 1

I think Taviana is the best map on DayZ atm, but if you download it make sure you download the taviana.eu version which is better than the other version of the map no doubt.

You can check out this server it has active admin and restart every couple of hours.

b_560_95_1.png

Edited by Enforzed

I like the map quite a bit. The endless fields followed by forrest is quite eye catching. Not big on PvP myself and I find that people who play Taviana are more inclined to shoot you on sight than they would in Chernarus. Can't tell you how many times I try to play the friendly survivor only to get shot by some guy with an AK-74 in Byelov. Only ever met two friendly players on that map.

Lots of urban areas aswell which is good for those players who like to shoot it out in the concrete jungle.

Edited by PracticalTactical

Only ever met two friendly players on that map.

Depends how you play really. I'm always on TS with people, but I've met a fair few decent people. One even gave me and M14 Aim with a PBX Boat... Just depends who is on the map, not what the map is...

Hey guys,

some words on Taviana. Nice idea but not well made. The map is big... okay thats it.

Every town looks same. The forestes and plants in general are very bad placed. Every forest looks really the same. EVERY fucking tree has the same distance to the next tree. Totaly unrealistic. There are no bushes, little plants or dead wood in the forest. No smaller trees at the forest edges. The level designer was never in a real forest

The terrain is fucked up too. Every mountain gots the same shape. Everything looks the same.

The towns are full of impasses and hundertes of meters long streets without cover or little sidestreets. It is terrible for the gameplay and totaly unrealistic.

Every other map axcept celle are better made as taviana. Celle gots realistic forests with random density and random big plants and trees also samler trees at the forest edges but the towns and the flat areas are terrible too.

But alle the cars, airports and militaryloot places makes this map(Tavi) intressting.

If you can ignore the very bad terrain and vegetation give the map a try. Despite the bad leveldesign work this map can be fun if have a right group, camp, vehicle and enemys.

Edited by DirtyCry
  • Like 1

Still loving the chenaraus map but looking for a change, hearing good things about Taviana, is it any good? If so, why?.

I have tried Namalsk and Panthera but always ended up going back to Cherno eventually.

tbh taviana and namalsk are dayz now

they are the maps which everyone or most are on . the normal map is tired and boring in comparison

• Like 1

size and enterable buildings on Taviana are nice, its just a different feel from Chernarus, its fun give it a whirl if you havent but for some reason, and this is a personal opinion, I prefer Chernarus to the other maps

if you download it make sure you download the taviana.eu version which is better than the other version of the map no doubt.

What's the difference between the two versions?

I tried Taviana yesterday and was really enjoying the city, despite the very long straight streets. It felt like being in a real city to some degree. The interiors of some of the larger buildings were amazing, with some funky 1970's Soviet feel to them.

http://cloud-2.steampowered.com/ugc/903237783707182032/085E188B93238116A84B73B84661EAF2A1DCB35D/

http://cloud-2.steampowered.com/ugc/903237783707373185/9CA4C185C23A86A19908B0C6FEF3EC7784AEF8E0/

http://cloud-2.steampowered.com/ugc/903237783707262888/CCF7DC9C0704F7387D379D180B7CD64C3AF44DDA/

http://cloud-2.steampowered.com/ugc/903237783707179949/1FF5998DB95C811266D45EA3A762C146D1836C1F/

I don't know what it is. I judge a lot of stuff with my 1st experience. I played namalask (spelling?) managed to find a deer stand thing within two minutes of spawning and found an m16 and then the other day I tried taviana out, the first town I come too (boye), I kill a guy and he has all the good gear, coyote backpack rangefinder nvg's m4 CCO SD and it makes me think. This would not happen in Chen and it puts me off, cause it makes me think that its just a map with a lot of weapons and seems to easy and I get put off. I dunno, maybe it was lucky but stuff like this never happens to me.

Edited by MooneyS20

I don't know what it is. I judge a lot of stuff with my 1st experience. I played namalask (spelling?) managed to find a deer stand thing within two minutes of spawning and found an m16 and then the other day I tried taviana out, the first town I come too (boye), I kill a guy and he has all the good gear, coyote backpack rangefinder nvg's m4 CCO SD and it makes me think. This would not happen in Chen and it puts me off, cause it makes me think that its just a map with a lot of weapons and seems to easy and I get put off. I dunno, maybe it was lucky but stuff like this never happens to me.

I spawned at the coast at Boye on my first Taviana run as well. I ran to boye proper and looted the smokestacks and found an ak-74 with 2 mags. I looted the rest of that town, deerstands on the way to the next town, and ran to Sabina (larger town where the above screenies are from). I have yet to run into a player, though I heard gunshots in Sabina. I found some decent gear in Sabina, but just like an Alice pack and various food, compass, matches etc. I found the experience to be right in line with what I was expecting.

You didn't have to loot all that top level gear of the player you killed you know.

I think Taviana is the best map on DayZ atm, but if you download it make sure you download the taviana.eu version which is better than the other version of the map no doubt.

Not entirely true. Depends on what you are looking for, to be honest. Looking for classic DayZ? Download the .com version. Looking for a harder/sillier version? Get the EU one.

Unless the server has a good amount of players on it Taviana is incredibly boring. If its a packed house it can be a lot of fun.

Hey guys,

some words on Taviana. Nice idea but not well made. The map is big... okay thats it.

Every town looks same. The forestes and plants in general are very bad placed. Every forest looks really the same. EVERY fucking tree has the same distance to the next tree. Totaly unrealistic. There are no bushes, little plants or dead wood in the forest. No smaller trees at the forest edges. The level designer was never in a real forest

The terrain is fucked up too. Every mountain gots the same shape. Everything looks the same.

The towns are full of impasses and hundertes of meters long streets without cover or little sidestreets. It is terrible for the gameplay and totaly unrealistic.

Every other map axcept celle are better made as taviana. Celle gots realistic forests with random density and random big plants and trees also samler trees at the forest edges but the towns and the flat areas are terrible too.

But alle the cars, airports and militaryloot places makes this map(Tavi) intressting.

If you can ignore the very bad terrain and vegetation give the map a try. Despite the bad leveldesign work this map can be fun if have a right group, camp, vehicle and enemys.

You obviously have not explored the world that much. Forests around where I live are just like that. There is plenty of vegitation, and the cities are awesome. Who cares if they are hundreds of meters long? Haven't you been in a real city? (Cherno is not a real city.)

Also, mountains in real life don't generally look that different...I have not seen a single map in DayZ that has "realistic" mountains. The cities are also much better designed then Chernarus. There is much more uniqueness then Chernarus and other maps like Namalsk and Celle, such as windmills, varying enviroments, oil rigs, and the huge cities.

Now please come back when you've left wherever you live and explored the world a bit.

tbh taviana and namalsk are dayz now

they are the maps which everyone or most are on . the normal map is tired and boring in comparison

Namalsk is crap as well. Too much military.

Unless the server has a good amount of players on it Taviana is incredibly boring. If its a packed house it can be a lot of fun.

I'm assuming that you PvP a lot.

Edited by Imafighter

I don't know what it is. I judge a lot of stuff with my 1st experience. I played namalask (spelling?) managed to find a deer stand thing within two minutes of spawning and found an m16. This would not happen in Chen and it puts me off, cause it makes me think that its just a map with a lot of weapons and seems to easy and I get put off. I dunno, maybe it was lucky but stuff like this never happens to me.

Its not chernarus, and it doesn't play by the same rules. You found some gear, big whoop. Now try to find some food before you freeze to death clutching your fancy gun.

Namalsk is crap as well. Too much military.

I'm assuming that you PvP a lot.

Not necessarily. I enjoy playing with other players rather than looting alone. I also like running into people and the situations that can create. If you're playing on a massive map with 5 other players its a snoozer and incredibly boring IMO.

Got to downloading taviana...but which one is there any difference between EU and normal?

Get both and see what you prefer :) I prefer Hicks version, Taviana.com but others like dayzland.eu

Basically a guy called Martin created the Taviana map and 2 seperate people ported it to Dayz ,dayzland.eu was 1st then dayztavianacom

If you want to try the .com version you're welcome to play on our server, Search for UK777 or view the IP in my sig