Mankind

What is a "Bambi" in DayZ?

I hear lots of people say it now, I think its an innocent player who is unarmed but I'm not entirely sure.

Frankie on pc uses. But he's not exactly the best person to associate yourself with 'round here :)

Frankie on pc uses. But he's not exactly the best person to associate yourself with 'round here :)

Whats wrong with Frankie. He's a legend!

A bambi is a player who is usually new player to dayz, it originated from Frankie1080onPC where he calls players with common weapons like the Winchester, Hachet, etc. and would call him a bambi, and a bambi is originally from a disney cartoon movie and it is a helpless young deer

It's what annoying 'Pro' 'MLG' DayZ players call unarmed survivors.

• Like 4

Most people refer to him as a hacker.

• Like 3

Until I came here I had no problem with him, however there are many reasons here why people hate him. I think he makes good videos but here we go, see how many you agree with.

1. ALOT..... I mean ALOT of vids are staged, whilst they are mainly to build the story. When he goes "Luckily I found X,Y and Z" to the common player it's blatantly obvious that he got it some other way. (arguable but opinion)

2. He MAY hack, I watched the episode where he supposedly hacked and broke it up to see how many times he was hit. He was hit 6 times unlike the common idea it's 7, the extra shot actually misses his arm by a small bit, however enough to register as not being a hit. He SHOULD have died but it could be a glitch. If you read the side chat you will see they complain however someone highlights the fact that it was just good work.

3. His German isn't very good (that's just me!)

4. He isn't actually a very good player, i'm NOT saying that i am a good player however he does make alot of noobish mistakes which when you notice them they stick with you.

5. JACK IS BETTER!!!!! :P

That's basically what I understand, feel free to add/disagree etc.

Darryl

Edited by Guest

its a term made up by frankieonpcin1080p

I don't think he made it up .... He might brought it to DayZ but he didn't make it. I heard that term first time in one of the episodes from Mash 4077, which was probably make before frankie born.

Also, Bambi was also used by Carla as JD's Nickname on Scrubs in 2001..

Edited by Krihelion
  • Like 2

I thought it was a Disney refference?!

Serious or not, I actually laughed out loud at that.

'Bambi' is a term that Frankie uses to describe new players - I guess, seeing as Bambi in the disney movie is a defenseless calf, that it means the players have no method of defense just yet.

Also, when I say Frankie uses it to describe new players, he isn't the only one. In many games people describe newbies as bambis, he just brought it to DayZ.

Edited by SherbetViper

Bambi is a term coined by YouTube's most famous hacker. It's to represent either people who are new to the game, or new spawns (people who have just started a new character).

Anyone who calls me a Bambi is gonna get a hatchet to the head.

How about poppet?