Tazzman

Taviana Oil Rigs

I have tried several times to find loot on the drilling platforms in the Taviana mod/map, to no avail. I have choppered in, went out by boat (could get up ladders to second platform) and had a buddy fly me out and drop me to swim to them...and still no loot. The DayZ DB map shows that they are Large Military Spawns. Is this a mistake on the DB map or is it a bug that they wont spawn loot?

Yh I had the same problem. Me and a mate flew out there while on one of the oil rigs the server restarted unanounced and the heli was destroyed when we got back in so we were stuck, all because of some military spawns that weren't there.

• Like 1

Its a dayz bug. The spawn script only executes when a player is within 120m - on foot. The game doesn't recognize vehicles as players, or containing players, so the loot spawn script never gets to execute.

Thats why i thought dropping someone in ocean 150 mtrs away and let them swim to it to trigger would w

Its a dayz bug. The spawn script only executes when a player is within 120m - on foot. The game doesn't recognize vehicles as players, or containing players, so the loot spawn script never gets to execute.

Yes but after the server restarts shoudn't it have triggered the script, we were stuck on the oil rig for about 20 mins before killing ourselves so wouldn't it have triggered by then?

Edited by maxamillion12345

With triggering is half true on Taviana. I was on foot in Castle (top military) and was nothing here even, after 30 min. I was alt+tab. On platform I was by the boat. Ladders not working, but I entered platform with another glitch. Of course was nothing here. After reconnecting, my boat landed (miracle) on the roof of platform, of course stuck. I can't go back lol.... DIscouraging. Too many bugs on Taviana.