Sign in to follow this  
Gravitee

What do I need to make DayZ run smoother?

I've had arma 2 for about 2 days now, and both DayZ and Arma 2 don't run smooth on Very Low performance..

PC Specs:

4096RAM

2.13GHz

Graphics Card: Intel® HD Graphics

Sorry the Specs is really unorganized, it was my first time doing one.. My comp is a MSI A6200.

But what can I do to run DayZ smoother? I've tried updating drivers/ramdisk/fixing settings/removing things on hard drive/etc...

Please help!

But what can I do to run DayZ smoother? I've tried updating drivers/ramdisk/fixing settings/removing things on hard drive/etc...

Please help!

That's integrated graphics right? That's one of your problems right there.

This game has a hard time running well even on high end computers. Not having a dedicated Graphics Card in your Laptop is the major downfall to your setup. I'd try downloading Gamebooster and see if that helps a little. Otherwise it seems like you did everything already that you could do. Sorry! ><

SAME PROBLEM! I BOUGHT IT AND I WAS SO EXCITED BUT NOW I CANT PLAY AS IM PLAYING ON 1FPS!

Devastated!

i have an intel pentium processor 2.2 Ghz

Intel GMA 4500M

3GB Memory

I have the Acer aspire 5732Z Please helppp!

Yup, sorry mate. The integrated graphics card just isn't cutting it, they're not really designed for gaming.

Try Gamebooster as the fella above said, it shuts down bg tasks so can get a little more performance but in the long run, you're going to have to spend some money :(

EDIT - BTW, we have a thread called "can I run it" ask there, its where all the techies hang out and they give good advice.

Edited by Fraggle

Intel GMA 4500M

Like the initial poster, the Intel Graphics Media Accelerator, or GMA, are integrated graphics, hence the low performance. It seems like a lot of you are trying to run the game on your standard run-of-the-mill family laptops which is always going to be a struggle.

Yup, sorry mate. The integrated graphics card just isn't cutting it, they're not really designed for gaming.

Try Gamebooster as the fella above said, it shuts down bg tasks so can get a little more performance but in the long run, you're going to have to spend some money :(

EDIT - BTW, we have a thread called "can I run it" ask there, its where all the techies hang out and they give good advice.

What would I need to spend the money on exactly? Graphics Card? Ram?

If you ask in the tech thread there's loads of peeps there with much better knowledge than me ;)

A new computer. Can't upgrade laptops I'm afraid.

Since you have a Laptop, you won't be able to upgrade your Graphics card unless it's a high end Laptop, but those cost quite a bit.

You can upgrade your Ram and CPU more or less in most Laptops, but those aren't the problem it's the fact you don't have a dedicated Graphics Card. Sorry to lay it onto you like that if you just got it. :<

Edited by MKJoker