mime_mimington

THE best server host?

heh guys,

so my friend and I just bought a namalsk dayz server from vilayer and as it seems the server has a problem with people joinen the server with 1.7.4 so to actually join you need to downgrade to 1.7.3.

So now we re looking for a better provider for namalsk that has a good ping. good support and will actually updated as soon as there is a patch out.

So which provider shall we take?

• Like 1

I would of said Dayz.ST, i was with them longer than anyone. I know i was either there first or second customer because i recommended things like them offering private hives and rmod to try and get more customers. It's good to see how they have grown over the months with all the hard work Ersan has put in, i wish him all the best, but i had to cancel my server with them.

I know it is out of his hands but they at present get hit with a lot of DDos attacks. He could do with hiring people to, as if your server goes down when he goes to bed, your looking at a fair few hours of downtime. For me though i would of preferred FTP instead of all the extra bits

I would of said Dayz.ST, i was with them longer than anyone. I know i was either there first or second customer because i recommended things like them offering private hives and rmod to try and get more customers. It's good to see how they have grown over the months with all the hard work Ersan has put in, i wish him all the best, but i had to cancel my server with them.

I know it is out of his hands but they at present get hit with a lot of DDos attacks. He could do with hiring people to, as if your server goes down when he goes to bed, your looking at a fair few hours of downtime. For me though i would of preferred FTP instead of all the extra bits

All very true, but I personally much prefer a few hours downtime every now and then to a week of downtime and SurvivalServers telling me that I am part of a minority of users and therefore shouldn't complain on the forums.

Glovine is the best Server Host, to find out more join our Teamspeak (ts.GloGaming.com.au:9995) and try our community Dayz Public Hive Server (password required)

Edited by Slyder

You should change the title to the "Best managed host" (a host that install dayz stuff and do maintenance for you), others have already gave you the answer: DayZ.st

It doesn't mean that's the "best" solution: if you have time, skill, and much more money to spend, you could host your dedicate server .. and that's technically the "best" solution you could have, does it worth the cost and time? Oh nope.. unless you plan to have something bigger than just a private amateur server.

• Like 1

People dont realize that DayZ.St isnt that great, you dont even have acess to your servers DB that YOU are paying for! Now yes you have PHP acess, but not that actually server files for editing. If you want complete custimzation i would HIGHLY recommend Vert Hosting, they offer great support and are great people.

If you want complete custimzation i would HIGHLY recommend Justin Bieber Hosting, they offer great support and are great people.

Are you aware that this childish noobs lame spamming is going to damage that hosting instead? If i would ever thinking of hosting my server on a new random host like that, now i would totally change my mind coz an idiot (you) spammed it into another host (actually DayZ.st) thread. :)

(but the most fun part is that your server signature.. i guess it's hosted there.. shows it as: OFFLINE !! Good start.. lol)

Edited by WalkerDown

Are you aware that this childish noobs lame spamming is going to damage that hosting instead? If i would ever thinking of hosting my server on a new random host like that, now i would totally change my mind coz an idiot (you) spammed it into another host (actually DayZ.st) thread. :)

(but the most fun part is that your server signature.. i guess it's hosted there.. shows it as: OFFLINE !! Good start.. lol)

I would just like to point out that we have been in the DayZ scene since late July - earlier than a fair few other the other hosts that have come and gone.

We are not responsible for what any of our clients (or ex-clients for that matter) post. As long as they are not spreading lies we are OK with it. If they had a good experience (or bad for that matter) and wanted to post it in a thread discussing server hosting providers, then they should be able to without anyone flaming them down.

Hopefully the OP will find a good host. I would recommend companies but I would most likely be called biased as I work for one, so I won't :)

I would just like to point out that we have been in the DayZ scene since late July - earlier than a fair few other the other hosts that have come and gone.

We are not responsible for what any of our clients (or ex-clients for that matter) post. As long as they are not spreading lies we are OK with it. If they had a good experience (or bad for that matter) and wanted to post it in a thread discussing server hosting providers, then they should be able to without anyone flaming them down.

Hopefully the OP will find a good host. I would recommend companies but I would most likely be called biased as I work for one, so I won't :)

Accusing another host (im not talking about, but about your supposed customer) of being "bad" (while it's universally recognized as one of the best dayz managed hosting) to promote someone else (i won't criticize your hosting, it may be good but i never heard about it) is the worst strategy you may ever think to adopt. If i was you, i would kick him out.. but considering that his server is down, he is (probably) already (i've checked the IP and it belongs to one of your ISP).

Byez.

Accusing another host (im not talking about, but about your supposed customer) of being "bad" (while it's universally recognized as one of the best dayz managed hosting) to promote someone else (i won't criticize your hosting, it may be good but i never heard about it) is the worst strategy you may ever think to adopt. If i was you, i would kick him out.. but considering that his server is down, he is (probably) already (i've checked the IP and it belongs to one of your ISP).

Byez.

While it may be frowned upon, he is not breaking our Terms of Service. I'm not here to say what is up with his server, but I can tell you that are servers are almost never down and when they are, all customers are kept happy either through refunds or service extensions (their choice). It is a rare occasion for a node to go down.

People dont realize that DayZ.St isnt that great, you dont even have acess to your servers DB that YOU are paying for! Now yes you have PHP acess, but not that actually server files for editing. If you want complete custimzation i would HIGHLY recommend Vert Hosting, they offer great support and are great people.

DayZ.st users have full DB access for their servers. You don't need to use PHPMyAdmin. I have a friend who's building a server statistics tool on an entirely different web server using our DB that can confirm that.

Users can also upload custom .pbo files now, and they are working on general FTP access.

DayZ.st

Avoid SurvivalServers like the plague.

this

Edited by Ayser

DayZ.st users have full DB access for their servers. You don't need to use PHPMyAdmin. I have a friend who's building a server statistics tool on an entirely different web server using our DB that can confirm that.

Users can also upload custom .pbo files now, and they are working on general FTP access.

Don't feed the troll.. and about the server stats.. something like this (and of course im not the only one): http://www.dayzitalia.net (on the left)

You seem to be the one throwing around aggression and trying to shoot down any opposition to Dayz.st...

A host where you have NO FTP access and as stated above has multiple hour outages that won't be handled because it's ONE GUY who might be sleeping... WTF? AND to top it off has a tendancy to get DDOS'd often???

Thanks I'll explore all the options anyone posts... Vert looks perfectly professional especially in their handling of your childish attack.

To the OP.

I have been running a gameservers.com server for several months and it has FTP access which is good and allowed me to be one of the first to update the server when they were posting the updated files, AND they are pretty proactive with their support... However there is no PHP or SQL access and while they ALLOW hosting of Private Hive's and alternate maps they only SUPPORT vanilla DayZ which IMO excludes them for hive hosting.

I'm going to be trying out one after the other for the next few months, I want to start a Namalsk server in addition to our vanilla DayZ which is hosted VERY well by Gameservers.com

I will prob. try DayZ.st first seeing as it has had so many supporters, but Vert looks just as promising IMO I'd like to hear from more people with experience.

Oh and for the record dayz.st is sold out on every server location except Singapore.... so any other suggestions?

According to their tweet, new servers should be available from today.

Lol thank you they have one less in the Washington DC area now lol... Cifor Washingtomb DZ custom load out private hive Namalsk

So far have to say just from setting up the server it's a FANTASTIC host... interface STOMPS on gameservers.com which is pretty bare bones.

Dayz.st is pretty awesome for a vanilla server.

If you plan on getting fancy your out of luck because no FTP access.

Dayz.st is pretty awesome for a vanilla server.

If you plan on getting fancy your out of luck because no FTP access.

Yup... considering that 99% of users won't go on any server rather than those ones "listed" on DayZ Commander.