Sign in to follow this  
rolleater

addon dayz_anim requires addon ca_pmc HELP!!!

So i bought Arma 2: Combined Ops, and i followed the many steps in order to play DayZ, but im still having many problems.

It begins with when i click to enter a server, i get the "addon dayz_anim requires addon CA_PMC" whenever i click to join a server, then i get the message "No entry bin\config.bin/CfgVehicles/Soldier..." then once i click a server to join it will say please remove all pbo files...

Im even willing to pay someone who can help me fix this issue as its driving me cray cray and i just want to play DayZ!!!

Tomorrow im going to re-install Arma 2 and list everything i do in step and list all error messages etc that i get, and ill try give as much info as i can..

Keep in touch with this post if you think you can help, will be very grateful!

Did you start the game with the ArmA2/CO.

Sounds like you tried to launch ArmA2 on its own.

Steam version ?

Here is how I've always told my friends to install DayZ:

1. Download and install Arma2 and Arma2: Operation Arrowhead.

2. Run Arma2 until you load into the main menu, then exit game.

3. Run Arma2: Operation Arrowhead until you load into the main menu, then exit game.

4. Download DayZCommander and install it.

5. Run DayZCommander.

6. In the top right hand corner of DayZCommander, under the Minimise, Maximise and Close sign. There are 4 Tabs. Click the " Settings " Tab.

7. Tick the boxes that say " Launch using Steam " and " Replace original Arma2OA files with Beta so Steam works " It should look something like this. ( Ignore the Additional Launch Parameters that I have ) Click Done. If your Game Directories are blank. Try restarting your computer.

8. Click the " Install / Update " Tab.

9. Under where it says " ARMA 2: XxXxX " there should be a drop down box below that, make sure the one that says ( Latest ) by the side is selected and press the " Install " button. You will have to wait a while for it to download, and when it does, you get a installation box come up. Install as you would normally a patch.

10. Where it says " DAYZ: XxXxX " there should be a drop down box below that, make sure the one that says ( Latest ) by the side is selected and press the " Install " button. Once it's downloaded you will have a wait till it says " DAYZ: 1.7.4.4 (Up to date) " before doing anything else. It should look like this, but with 1.7.4.4. Click Done.

11. Click the " Servers " tab on the left hand side and look for a server you fancy playing on and double click one it.

12. You should load into Player Screen where it says all of the names of the people in the server. Wait until you see " BattlEye Client: Server computing GUID: * insert lots of numbers and letters here * in the bottom left before pressing the OK button, as you will get kicked because of BattlEye not loading up properly.

13. After waiting through a loading bar and " Loading " in the middle of the screen, you will come across a gender selection screen. Click a gender. And wait.

14. You will load in game, take note of what it says in the bottom right of your screen, as that is your location and you can find out where to go and buildings to enter by looking at This Map

15. When you've loaded in, you want to press the " ESC " key, go to Options -> Video Options and you want the " 3D resolution " to be the same as your " Interface Resolution " Click done and go back into game.

Bravo. You should be loaded into DayZ and you're ready to go.

Should you not want to join a server through DayZCommander, you can launch the game through DayZCommander, but not join a server. This is done by going to the " Settings " Tab and then clicking the " Launch DayZ Now " Button.

Here's a few helpful Keybindings for you:

Numpad Enter is to ender 3rd person view.

Numpad - is to zoom out a little, pressing it twice rapidly keeps you zoomed out.

, and . are to change the channel you talk into.

Enter brings up a text box.

Caps Lock is your ingame Push-To-Talk key.

O is to bring up your Watch when you have one. Pressing it twice rapidly keeps the Watch up.

K is to bring up your compass when you have one. Pressing it twice rapidly keeps the Compass up.

G is to bring up your gear. In order to put things into your backpack, when you come upto a loot pile and press G, if you click your bag and click " Open Bag " ( second tab from the right ) you can put things in there.

C is to crouch.

Z is to go prone.

V is to vault over things.

Left Shift is to walk.

Q and E are to lean to the side when Crouched / Stood up. And to do a barrel roll when prone.

F is to Toggle between things like Flares, Grenades Smoke Grenades ECT

Scroll is used to switch between Primary and Secondary weapons.

Edited by piemanpm

I dont have steam because i bought the game off ebay, so i just have the 2 discs which ive installed both.

Im installing the discs now, what is the first step after installing both discs? and thanks @st ill give that a go when i can

Im installing the discs now, what is the first step after installing both discs? and thanks @st ill give that a go when i can

This:

Here is how I've always told my friends to install DayZ:

1. Download and install Arma2 and Arma2: Operation Arrowhead.

2. Run Arma2 until you load into the main menu, then exit game.

3. Run Arma2: Operation Arrowhead until you load into the main menu, then exit game.

4. Download DayZCommander and install it.

5. Run DayZCommander.

6. In the top right hand corner of DayZCommander, under the Minimise, Maximise and Close sign. There are 4 Tabs. Click the " Settings " Tab.

7. Tick the boxes that say " Launch using Steam " and " Replace original Arma2OA files with Beta so Steam works " It should look something like this. ( Ignore the Additional Launch Parameters that I have ) Click Done. If your Game Directories are blank. Try restarting your computer.

8. Click the " Install / Update " Tab.

9. Under where it says " ARMA 2: XxXxX " there should be a drop down box below that, make sure the one that says ( Latest ) by the side is selected and press the " Install " button. You will have to wait a while for it to download, and when it does, you get a installation box come up. Install as you would normally a patch.

10. Where it says " DAYZ: XxXxX " there should be a drop down box below that, make sure the one that says ( Latest ) by the side is selected and press the " Install " button. Once it's downloaded you will have a wait till it says " DAYZ: 1.7.4.4 (Up to date) " before doing anything else. It should look like this, but with 1.7.4.4. Click Done.

11. Click the " Servers " tab on the left hand side and look for a server you fancy playing on and double click one it.

12. You should load into Player Screen where it says all of the names of the people in the server. Wait until you see " BattlEye Client: Server computing GUID: * insert lots of numbers and letters here * in the bottom left before pressing the OK button, as you will get kicked because of BattlEye not loading up properly.

13. After waiting through a loading bar and " Loading " in the middle of the screen, you will come across a gender selection screen. Click a gender. And wait.

14. You will load in game, take note of what it says in the bottom right of your screen, as that is your location and you can find out where to go and buildings to enter by looking at This Map

15. When you've loaded in, you want to press the " ESC " key, go to Options -> Video Options and you want the " 3D resolution " to be the same as your " Interface Resolution " Click done and go back into game.

Bravo. You should be loaded into DayZ and you're ready to go.

Should you not want to join a server through DayZCommander, you can launch the game through DayZCommander, but not join a server. This is done by going to the " Settings " Tab and then clicking the " Launch DayZ Now " Button.

Here's a few helpful Keybindings for you:

Numpad Enter is to ender 3rd person view.

Numpad - is to zoom out a little, pressing it twice rapidly keeps you zoomed out.

, and . are to change the channel you talk into.

Enter brings up a text box.

Caps Lock is your ingame Push-To-Talk key.

O is to bring up your Watch when you have one. Pressing it twice rapidly keeps the Watch up.

K is to bring up your compass when you have one. Pressing it twice rapidly keeps the Compass up.

G is to bring up your gear. In order to put things into your backpack, when you come upto a loot pile and press G, if you click your bag and click " Open Bag " ( second tab from the right ) you can put things in there.

C is to crouch.

Z is to go prone.

V is to vault over things.

Left Shift is to walk.

Q and E are to lean to the side when Crouched / Stood up. And to do a barrel roll when prone.

F is to Toggle between things like Flares, Grenades Smoke Grenades ECT

Scroll is used to switch between Primary and Secondary weapons.

So this is what the folder looks like after the first installation, is it right? http://imageshack.us...268/arma2v.png/

That's just ArmA 2, what about Operation Arrowhead?

EDIT: Oh nvm FIRST installation, right yeah, that's how it should be.

Edited by Rooneye

After dling the co update it said this, "game version 1.60 required. Your current version is 1.51...

After dling the co update it said this, "game version 1.60 required. Your current version is 1.51...

Get DayZ commander. Then once installed you will see "Install/Update" at the top, just click that and you will see which ArmA 2 beta you have, if there is a newer version (which there is) click install. Its really easy with Commander :)

It looks like this (in this pic, you can see this one is up to date, but where it says 'reinstall' on this pic, you click install, same with DayZ and any of the newer maps you want to play:

14ueybl.jpg

Edited by Rooneye

agreed, if you´re new to ArmA2 dayz commander is the easiest way to install/ update dayz.

When i try to download the 2 links @Client-1.7.4.4-Full.rar @Client-1.7.4.4-Patch.rar i try to extract the folder @Dayz and keys but i get this http://imageshack.us.../armaerror.png/ what is going on????

You dont need to do any of that. Just get DayZ Commander and click Install on those two items. Two clicks is all you need to do and it will install everything in the correct place for you. TBH Ive no idea what those errors mean :(

silly question, but do i save or just open these to download them?

huh? those are links to required patches if you´re doing it manually...

download from first link ArmA2OA patch 1.50 - 1.60 and ArmA2OA patch 1.60 - 1.62

download from second link ArmA2OA build 99700

it´s always recommended to save a file after download and not directly open them :huh: