1clash1

Cries and shouts from injury/death

The issue of humanity and the problem of people simply shooting others on site has been often talked about.

I was playing the Walking Dead game and I found that after deciding to kill off a character, my decision was then severely questioned as I saw him squirm and cry out whilst bleeding.

This lead me to think; what if players cried out and groaned when you shot them? when you broke their legs? a really heart wrenching cry when a player was heavily wounded or killed. This would serve to possibly lessen player killing and increase immersion. Also, it could serve to help players identify a nearby bandit, after hearing a shot followed by cries.

Just a few thoughts.

• Like 32

Actually that might be a good idea to implement into either the Mod or the upcoming standalone.

I approve. :thumbsup:

Edited by GOD™

Sounds really good actually....

I'm down with that... Though it probably wont have the desired effect on the snipers out there...

The ones that kill for the sake of killing...

Also, if the screams and moans attracted Zombies... both for realism, and as an extra deterrent for pointless killing.

• Like 2

Also, if the screams and moans attracted Zombies... both for realism, and as an extra deterrent for pointless killing.

That's a good point, mind if I add it to the post?

Being the cynic that I am

I would imagine a certain percentage would deliberately keep you squirming for their own amusement.

But other than that it would also be good if your noise triggered zombies as well.

I would shoot one and break his legs and when somebody comes and help him break his too and ill put barb wire around them and that is my bambi concentration camp

• Like 4

Actually that might be a good idea to implement into either the Mod or the upcoming standalone.

God approves. Go ahead and add this to the game Rocket. Edited by Zdudeski

Oh god, the bear trap part is the worst in Walking Dead. Especially when you leave the guy behind. Now that would be great.

Oh god, the bear trap part is the worst in Walking Dead. Especially when you leave the guy behind. Now that would be great.

That game man.

And Imagine how haunting it would be to knowingly leave a player to die by zombies? Running away as you hear their screams, you'd find players 'putting players out of their misery' whether for practical or emotional reasons

Imagine what you would hear around Kamenka all the time :P

It would be horrifying.

This may make me sound like a sick and twisted individual but I think hearing other players scream and yell(more than they already do in side chat) would make me want to kill them more.

Honestly, the only solution that's likely to have an affect on rampant player killing is making the zombies more menacing. They should do more damage, and touching a player's dead body should get blood on you and attract zombies. That's not going to stop sniping, but I think it'll slow down the Call of Duty bandit motherfuckers running around.

• Like 2

I like this idea, although I'm not sure it would have a big effect for a lot of kills.

I do like the idea though of you not being able to join a specific server for 30 minutes after you die. I think the idea that people can have permanent camps, die and run to camp to re-gear is pretty silly.

I don't think people would be so willing to pop eachother in the face if it meant chances were much higher they would lose their shit.

That will not prevent others killing others at all, unless it attracts zombies. However shooting / running in the open to chase someone already attracts zombies so I don't see the point. Either way it is the victim that is at even more of a disadvantage, because shouting will only attract more players to him, good or bad. I like the idea of a player screaming really loud when they die (the second they die) to attract zombies or other players, but if a player screams while they are still alive is only going to give their position away to help the killer. That's how I see it, at least.

Edit: I think it should be optional to scream. Instead of having it done by default, there will be a button to press that will allow you to scream if you want to, that way if you don't want to give your position away, you can keep quiet.

Edited by Guest

Excellent idea. this will add more life to the game than anything else :)

Honestly, the only solution that's likely to have an affect on rampant player killing is making the zombies more menacing. They should do more damage, and touching a player's dead body should get blood on you and attract zombies.

I agree that zombies should be more of a danger, as this would encourage players to team up in order to combat the threat presented by zombies. Part of the reason DayZ has turned into a PvP deathmatch is possibly because of the little problem that zombies pose.

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH OH GOD WHY

or like

AHHHHHHHHHH MOMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

?

Seriously though, this is a nice idea. Put it in the books, rocket.

Perhaps then you could muffle or silence the screams, coming at the risk of not having your gun equipped. Stealthy but risky...

• Like 1

I love this idea!

I can see the only way to keep from any chance of a cry is a clear head shot.