rocket

Pending Update: Build 1.7.3 (community edition)

Nice work, I really wasn't expecting another update until standalone. No dogs though?

Edited by smasht_AU
  • Like 12

Sweet! This was unexpected :)

It's great to see that the community can contribute to the mod. We may start looking into the mod files ourselves and send in improvements. Thanks for the combined effort!

Edited by (VX) Toby
  • Like 1

A lot of tent-y business!

Stoked on the fact that a patch is being released, regardless of upcoming standalone. Plenty of wubb for all who contributed :wub: :wub: :wub:

This update never would have occurred without the tremendous involvement of community members and server hosters. Huge effort and coordinated by R4Z0R49 particularly.

• Like 24

''Community edition''

This going to be a pre order bundle? Or a Greatest Hits soundtrack? ;)

Edit:

"Plenty of wubb"

Leave the dubstep out of this...

Edited by SumoS

Well shit, this is amazing. great job guys.

There will be problems with the new combat logging system, but I suppose the ability to tolerate that can be acquired...

Well shit, this is amazing. great job guys.

There will be problems with the new combat logging system, but I suppose the ability to tolerate that can be acquired...

Problems?

Rocket.

You and all the guys are doing a boss job. Thanks for everything you have done so far and waiting with great excitement for standalone.

Thank you for bringing someone who had lost touch with gaming so far back into it that I ended up renting a server to play and help the community

epic game, epic update!

How much was community and how much was devs?

Edit: Well, since I last refreshed you've paid plenty of tribute to the community, namely R4Z0R49, but I am still curious. Call me crazy, but I swear the majority didn't think we'd hear from you until standalone.

Edited by PrAyTeLLa
  • Like 2

This update never would have occurred without the tremendous involvement of community members and server hosters. Huge effort and coordinated by R4Z0R49 particularly.

I hope that more hosters become aware of this. Together we can make a tremendous difference to this mod

Edited by (VX) Toby

It's great to see that the community can contribute to the mod.

I was going to say; not only was I suprised to find that a forum member had helped co-ordinate the patch, but that multiple individuals from the community had contributed towards it. Stuff like this gets me so, so stoked on the prospect of how utterly amazing DayZ has the potential to be (even though it's already killer)

• Like 1

* [NEW] New Combat System If you fire a weapon, someone fires a weapon near you, or a bullet/object impacts near you, then you go into combat. During combat, "ABORT" is disabled. If you ALT-F4/close <----------- if this works all i can say is DAAAAAAAAAAAAAAUUUUUUUUUUMN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Like 4

What do you think of resetting the whole db? Since we blocked the duping(i'm so happy omg) we may have to eliminate the already duped items that are so abundant all over the servers right now. Also we now can balance the equipments much accurately since we get the right data.

• Like 5

rocket please unban the classes for lights, so we can try cherno without using seperate mods and code to get them working PLEASE!!

Also if you feel like it maybe the refuel and repair trucks :P

• Like 2

Even though it appears they basically took 90% of DayZ Redux and incorporated it into the mod, it's a MUCH needed addition. Wish vehicle flipping was incorporated though. That's extremely handy for ATVs. Would've also liked to seen the "auto-fuel" feature added (drive to gas station, vehicle refuels itself), although I can understand why it's not there. If nothing else, make it so the player has to get out of the vehicle and interact w/ the pump to start the fueling process.

Edited by joemiken
  • Like 2

* [NEW] New Combat System If you fire a weapon, someone fires a weapon near you, or a bullet/object impacts near you, then you go into combat. During combat, "ABORT" is disabled. If you ALT-F4/close anyway, your character is considered "combat logged" and instantly killed and leaves a body.

What if a hacker teleports all Player then does a Roundhouse kick with his MG Firing all the People.

That means no escape from Hackers through you will get killed anyways right?

1. Stay = Die to Hacker

2. Leave = Die to System

Edited by Paddy0610
  • Like 2