what you or others fail to realize is in big towns or cities like churno for eg

if you spawn close you are going to go in unless you are fully mindset on avoiding it which if you in churno area thats a extra 30-1 hr run just to avoid it going round and when you have no gear / nothing to lose it makes no sense doing so.

any decent sniper will spot you if good whether you are being sneaky or not. they will have adavantage of hieght aswell. also it is harder to sneak around unnoticed regardles of what people put so more people will get killed by snipers kos brigade becuase zombies are more easily alerted. then you have the big servers which if true 150 people hahahaha sneaking through the big towns you just aint going to do that so pleaae dont say you will you wont.

saying avoid the high yield areas then whats the point of having the towns full stop ? so many cliches .

I said, "With the current KoS environment." I don't believe the point of the towns was to have a KoS PvP playground, it just turned out that way. And, I'm not saying you have to avoid high yield places. You just need to weigh the risks versus the rewards... and, in the KoS environment, oftentimes, i think the risk is to great. But, that's just me. And if you are moronic enough to go into Cherno without scouting out the town for snipers first, you deserve the headshot you receive.

And, if you feel you've got nothing to lose, by all means... run in. Just don't bitch about how hard it is to survive that experience. The game shouldn't be adjusted to make it easier for those wishing to be lemmings.

And, it should be noted: you don't have to spawn near Cherno or any of the big towns.

Edited by entspeak
  • Like 2

As infection currently exists, it would be better to remove it than to not touch it.

Infection that brought you to 6k was already crippling enough to warrant suicide to fix it the majority of the time.

Disagree. Though current infection needs work and I think it will end up being good one day, I think the old infection was just fine. Added another element of danger and another objective to playing. Many a time me and my buddy would traverse the map in search of antibiotics because I had got the infection. To me that was gameplay - gave us something to do. In some respects it was more realistic because a character could be unwell for a much longer time.

In fact combining the two infections would work. A stage where you are weak and couldn't get to full blood, which could last a long time and then a final 'deathbed' stage where rest or antibiotics are vital because you will reach 0 blood. Looking forward to playing the latest patch, because sepsis and the remedies sound really 'playable'.

• Like 1

So i've heard a bit about these new Zeds what makes them better now? How was it achevied? Why is running into a building risky!? I like the sound of this.

Hey Trizzo

ok they've been nerfed.

The first time I played it zeds aggro'd very easily and were relentless, es[ecially after gunfire, an example 4 of us ran through the post office building (the red one with 2 exits and a stairwell that leads up to a locked door)

within about 10 seconds it seemed every zed in the town was piling through the doors.

There followed the most intense last stand I've ever played and 2 of us died.

Losing them in the forest was possible but not as easy as usual making zed avoidance a must in virtually all situations. Also they were frighteningly quick.

Next time I played however it was possible to crouch walk extremely close to zeds in open terrain, even bump into them and they failed to aggro at all. Me and a mate looted across the map and maybe aggro'd 4 zeds out of the 100 or so we saw close up. So I guess it needs reworking again.

ps make a vid please, I need my fix of aussie wit and 3rd person only gameplay

Edited by (MUC) Feral

I should also correct something I said earlier. Wipes and septic bandages will work for the first 3 stages (30 minutes) - during which time antibiotics will not work, because you aren't really infected yet... you simply have, what the devs are calling, sepsis. Once infection sets in, only antibiotics will cure it.

Now, if this seems weird to anyone, it is. The story-telling is pretty bad; in fact, it's backwards. In reality, if you have sepsis, you are in deep shit. You get sepsis AFTER you become infected with a bacteria. Sepsis is also referred to as systemic inflammatory response syndrome (SIRS) - which can also occur for other reasons; but in the case of infection, sepsis and SIRS are synonymous. So, in reality, sepsis should be the final stage. People can fix/prevent an infection with antiseptic wipes, a cream, or an herbal bandage; these things would never be able to cure sepsis.

If the current mechanic is included, I think the terminology should be fixed to reflect how this actually works.

As an additional suggestion, I think there should be another hidden stage - another 15 minutes added at the beginning. If a player gets an infected hit, they shouldn't be notified. 15 minutes later, they should get a warning that one of their wounds is showing signs of infection, and THEN the first stage can begin. Of course, if a player has been resourceful enough to make septic bandages to use instead of regular ones, then they will never get that later message because they will have fixed the problem before it became one - since now zed hit infections only occur on wounds that bleed. And if the player doesn't fix the infection, they eventually become septic and they will need antibiotics.

The upside of this is that players will no longer panic and waste antibiotics or wipes right away. It will encourage people to find resources to craft septic bandages (which really should be called antiseptic bandages).

• Like 1

Hey Trizzo

ok they've been nerfed.

The first time I played it zeds aggro'd very easily and were relentless, es[ecially after gunfire, an example 4 of us ran through the post office building (the red one with 2 exits and a stairwell that leads up to a locked door)

within about 10 seconds it seemed every zed in the town was piling through the doors.

There followed the most intense last stand I've ever played and 2 of us died.

Losing them in the forest was possible but not as easy as usual making zed avoidance a must in virtually all situations. Also they were frighteningly quick.

Next time I played however it was possible to crouch walk extremely close to zeds in open terrain, even bump into them and they failed to aggro at all. Me and a mate looted across the map and maybe aggro'd 4 zeds out of the 100 or so we saw close up. So I guess it needs reworking again.

I think they only reduced the number of zeds a player spawns and the number allowed to spawn in a particular area. I agree, it's easier now.

I said, "With the current KoS environment." I don't believe the point of the towns was to have a KoS PvP playground, it just turned out that way. And, I'm not saying you have to avoid high yield places. You just need to weigh the risks versus the rewards... and, in the KoS environment, oftentimes, i think the risk is to great. But, that's just me. And if you are moronic enough to go into Cherno without scouting out the town for snipers first, you deserve the headshot you receive.

And, if you feel you've got nothing to lose, by all means... run in. Just don't bitch about how hard it is to survive that experience. The game shouldn't be adjusted to make it easier for those wishing to be lemmings.

And, it should be noted: you don't have to spawn near Cherno or any of the big towns.

doesnt matter whether it was factored in. it is kos regardless to most people ! youre saying not to avoid high yield places you want to just weigh up the vs and rewards its obvious you spawn near you dont go running for hrs on a end with nothing when a town is righht next to you do you ? it all comes down to time at the end of the day. now you choose to use the word moronic for going into churno but taking a 3 hrs round trip for not getting shot with no gear to show for it isnt ? :rolleyes:

while i may die once during your 3 hrs round trip of getting nothing i died respawned got back in got guns got gear and running happy as a bunny meanwhile your crouch walking looking at plants and wild life i then spot you and shoot you. whos moronic you are ! you just spent 3 hrs dodging the inevitable for only to be shoot anyway ! thats moronic ! :lol:

best thing is people like you who go out of your way to collect all the goods for people like me often get shot instantly and then i take all your gear. so actually your way is the moronic one and most time consuming and the least rewarding overall.

also scouting churno , you may look at top middle towers spot some noob sniper firing constantly whos a bad shot but players who are decent you wont spot theyll hit you one shot upto 1000m away you are dead . dont just assume your some super sneak artist its easy to spot people at long distances and around the edges of towns as the distances make you stand out like a sore thumb .

i aint bitching about survival it isnt that hard to survive but is it fun running for hrs to avoid people or instance of danger ? as said its about time vs fun reward and running for 8hrs dodging everything collecting leafs and drinking water isnt fun its boring and easy. that is not skilled its just boring.

never said te game should be adjusted and why whenever someone dislikes the others playstyle do players use a derogatory come back ? :rolleyes:  such lame ness im doing it for yours to highlight your reply. its pathetic . basically you survive because you avoid everything thats it ! its not skilled its not fun its boring. surviving playing the game going into the big towns thats why tey are there ! you are missing out on the fun the danger.

so whos moronic you or me ? :lol:  youll argue your point ill argue mine i accept yours fair enough but mine is better  ;)

and it should be noted you dont have to spawn near churno erm... the spawning according to razer will be down to server admins so its random :rolleyes:

so if you spawn at churno you are at churno. you take your one hr run around it ill take the 5 minute run through it grab my gear kill you on the way out and eat your beans and collect all your items you kindly collected for me. thanks you just saved me hrs and hrs for that cheers !

Edited by dgeesio

Again, the video was made to point something out about the zeds. Why you insist on making it about something else is beyond me. But, clearly your post indicates you don't know how to play the game... or don't want it to be the game it actually is. Which is fine, really... I laugh at all the kill messages as I successfully play cat and mouse with players and zeds up north while the lemmings bitch about snipers in Cherno. Granted, I'm not always successful, but that's usually because I get over confident and do something dumb. Seems to me that in a game about SURVIVAL, being a lemming is a failed approach.

And, friend, why would I choose a Cherno spawn on a high pop server? And why would I then run around it? Haha! The times I've spawned near Cherno, I've run for the trees and high-tailed it out of the area. That's a lesson I learned on day one. Why? Because it's a survival game and doing stupid shit ain't going to help with that.

Edited by entspeak
  • Like 2

was just fishing and caught a trout will at a later date animations be done for swinging fish to hand seeing fish in hand putting in back pack ? or is it staying as is ? i know more things are higher up on the priority list at the moment but it would be nice.

I doubt there will be animations. They would be nice, but it would also be nice to see animation for harvesting wood or repairing a car. Chances are, it's not going to happen.

An added benefit to fishing in a boat: the fish automagically goes into the boat's inventory, so you can fish all day and stock up the boat if you want.

Edited by entspeak

I can run through Cherno with aggro on a 60 man 1.8 server and not care. Cherno is the coast, with minor reward compared to the map. The only reason to even go there is thanks to a local spawn, otherwise, blank it and move on. You don't need anything found there except medical supplies. Move north with care and you'll find the same gear and not deal with deathmatchers.

If bandits are mobile in Cherno then they'll likely have aggro and they'll likely move like me, with zero care. That'll make them easy targets. Enough survivor kills and you'll be able to spot a bandit in the mod. In the SA, if you see someone carelessly moving around Cherno, then they're likely a danger. Pop them.

I don't see the issue. Someone stealthing properly through Chenro isn't going to shoot the first person they see, especially if that first person is stealthing through Cherno properly.

That should NEVER be easy. If anything, shooting a gun from on top of a building should be just as dangerous as shooting a gun in the store, without the magic shelves. I keep saying this but firing a gun in Cherno should be a death sentence no matter where you are, bush, building, or hole.

So you go on about if there's bandits running around with zero care they'll have zombies chasing them and you say "pop them" ....well sir this leads to aggro on you and that's what we are talking about ...getting through a town gathering your loot on a 60 man pvp server WITHOUT getting aggro. Btw you said that someone stealthing properly through chern isnt going to shoot the first person they see....well thats not the problem lol the problem is them seeing you and shooting you instead....even if you killed them then you get aggro like i said and aggro is what we are trying to avoid.

Any bandit in Cherno that isn't moving like this will have aggro, be easy to spot and avoid. The more zombies there are, the harder it is for bandits to operate with little or no consequence. If you aren't drawing aggro, you're less easy to spot. I rarely go to Cherno, Elektro or Bere... or Balota for that matter. Nothing I need there that I can't get anywhere else. With the current KoS environment in the mod... the only reason to go to Cherno on a high pop server is to engage in PvP. But the point is, PvP should adapt to the game... the game shouldn't adapt to PvP - it's a secondary aspect of the game. Sausage King brings up an excellent point: if you see someone moving stealthily... chances are, they care about their character and aren't going to shoot on sight. The video was intended to show that the zeds operate fine in terms of spotting players. If you're running carelessly through Cherno, you're going to draw aggro.

lol WHAT ....i know for sure if you where in cherno with me stealthing like that and i saw you ...id kill you regardless of how many zombies are on me (if you think having zombies on me changes anything ud be terribly mistaken) ....it doesnt matter if you try line of sight me behind a tree to hide or whatever ...the fact is as soon as you reach somewhere like the market that you want to loot ....there's no hiding there ..if i ran into you at market your only option is to shoot me or die ....and if you shoot me then you get aggro....aggro is what we are trying to avoid. Now if you where able to sneak past zombies quickly without detection then you can grab your loot and be out before someone sees you (hopefully) but good luck spending 10 mins moving around zombies to travel a few buildings without being seen by one person on a 60 man server (150 in SA) in a town like chern or better yet elekro :)

I assure you he isnt bitching lol ...infact me and dgeesio love just running into chern and elektro carelessly then losing zombies through a building then shooting anyone we see ( i say carelessly but actually not so careless to the point that we run through main road into town :P ).....we dont find it hard to survive the experience...we get loot and then we run around in the high traffic towns killing people or camping a roof and have a laugh shooting the constant stream of people you get on a 60 man server. BUT that's not to say that we wouldn't like to be able to sneak around zombies quickly and get our loot as it adds more to the game than get aggro and run through building to lose the aggro (or some of it) as its the only way to effectively get your loot in a quick time without getting shot (or minimizing getting shot).

Again, the video was made to point something out about the zeds. Why you insist on making it about something else is beyond me. But, clearly your post indicates you don't know how to play the game... or don't want it to be the game it actually is. Which is fine, really... I laugh at all the kill messages as I successfully play cat and mouse with players and zeds up north while the lemmings bitch about snipers in Cherno. Granted, I'm not always successful, but that's usually because I get over confident and do something dumb. Seems to me that in a game about SURVIVAL, being a lemming is a failed approach.

And, friend, why would I choose a Cherno spawn on a high pop server? And why would I then run around it? Haha! The times I've spawned near Cherno, I've run for the trees and high-tailed it out of the area. That's a lesson I learned on day one. Why? Because it's a survival game and doing stupid shit ain't going to help with that.

Yes it is a survival game and anyone can survive for as long as they want if they wanted its not like it takes any skill...you just loot a empty town ( or very low traffic town) ...get all the gear you need head north and basically you could survive as long as you want by finding a water supply that's near a town that is usually empty and just refill you water bottle and loot some food or kill an animal. But where the hell is the fun in that ? your avoiding all the fun and danger just to survive in a part of the map where people don't go. Now youll hit out with more crap but at the end of the day if you say the games about survival ...then iv just told you how to survive and never die ...i think ill do that everyday lol ...wait for my thirst and hunger to kick in then go refill my water bottle and kill and animal......great fun and very dangerous that is.

Edited by Massicor
  • Like 1

Yes it is a survival game and anyone can survive for as long as they want if they wanted ...you just loot a empty town ( or very low traffic town) ...get all the gear you need head north and basically you could survive as long as you want by finding a water supply that's near a town that is usually empty and just refill you water bottle and loot some food or kill an animal. But where the hell is the fun in that ? your avoiding all the fun and danger just to survive in a part of the map where people don't go. Now youll hit out with more crap but at the end of the day if you say the games about survival ...then iv just told you how to survive and never die ...i think ill do that everyday lol ...wait for my thirst and hunger to kick in then go refill my water bottle and kill and animal......great fun and very dangerous that is.

Seeing his skill in avoiding zeds, his mention of avoiding Cherno, and mention of cat and mouse, he probably looks at you as a mouse. Seems right now he has you trapped in Cherno, getting killed over and over again.

If you leave Cherno and enter his territory, you probably won't see him. He'll probably see you.

Maybe if you have a bandit skin you'll never know what hit you. Maybe he'll let you live. Maybe either way will be a lot of fun to him. Maybe you stay in Cherno.

That's all guessing, and a lot of maybes.

Endless ways to play this game.

Seeing his skill in avoiding zeds, his mention of avoiding Cherno, and mention of cat and mouse, he probably looks at you as a mouse. Seems right now he has you trapped in Cherno, getting killed over and over again.

If you leave Cherno and enter his territory, you probably won't see him. He'll probably see you.

Maybe if you have a bandit skin you'll never know what hit you. Maybe he'll let you live. Maybe either way will be a lot of fun to him. Maybe you stay in Cherno.

That's all guessing, and a lot of maybes.

Endless ways to play this game.

what a load of nonsense.

Do we have an end point other then some say you can sneak and others say you cant run, 

The end point is that zeds need massively looked at again before adding other stuff ....at current zombies still walk through walls ...hit you from a lot further than there suppose to and also hit you through walls...and that's all fine as its a mod and you'll never fully fix this ...but now urv added sepsis you get infected way too much. Yes its 1% chance per hit to get sepsis but you also need to remember that the chances of you getting sepsis is greatly increased with the more zeds you have on you and the fact that they also constantly hit u when there not suppose to... be it from further than there suppose to or through walls then the chance of getting sepsis is increased yet again. The original 1 % would be fine if zeds didn't glitch but they do so like i said that 1% is way too much especially on high pop servers where there's nothing to cure it as the wipes or whatever have been used by someone else or are so rare they don't spawn much....it would be faster to just kill yourself and try again and that's not how you want the game to be played right ?.

Part of why the zeds need massively looked at again is because they see you a mile away...unless your crawling around all day your going to get aggro and zeds shouldn't be this "difficult" to sneak past. Not to mention that people find themselves aggroing zeds whilst at the other side of a building whilst crouching ? Infact i still see zeds that are facing the exact opposite way from me still aggroing me when im actually crouching and way outside the radius zeds should detect me from sound of crouching (and the funny thing is its usually always the zed thats furthest away from me that seems to detect me whilst not even looking in the opposite direction and im like wtf ?) . I see people complain about it all the time and know exactly what there talking about....not much of a issue for me as mostly i just run past zombies and lose them through several building ( or most of them at least ) but like i said above that doesn't mean i wouldn't love to be able to sneak past zombies quite fast without detection.

Now before someone comes in and says something like you need to learn the game if you think sneaking past zeds is too difficult..ill tell you now its easy to sneak past zombies undetected but is massively time consuming and will get you killed if doing it on a full 60 man pvp server in elekto or something.

A little example is this:

Im having to crouch when i should be able to run around zeds.

Im having to crawl when i should be able to crouch past zeds.

Im having to wait for zeds to move away when i should be able to crawl past them.

Go back and fix the basic stuff before adding all these new things ....this is the mod and not the SA ...we don't need all these other things that will be in the SA (as good as they may be) untill the rest of the stuff is tweaked to the best they can possibly be.

Razor you and the rest of the guys are doing great but please go fix the basic stuff first.

Edited by Massicor

Do we have an end point other then some say you can sneak and others say you cant run,

Zeds really do some heavy damage, so raids of towns or airfield really is dangerous.

Sure, there is some canned food more, but you apparently reduced the wild animal spaws quite a lot. Especialy as I was low on blood and didn't see or find anything, it took ages for me to regain my blood. One rabbit I found I wasn't able to gut, didn't got the option to gut the animal. So I regained by fishing a lot. Then I just got hit once or twice, and maybe the 3/4 was gone again.

I played maybe 8 hours without dying, but being most of the time very low on blood. Run across the whole map and those death messages were popping up like heck. Also as I started in electro, there lay bodies around everywhere.

So I would say it's pretty well balanced.

Zed are very tough though. Sometimes they seems to see through walls, but not sure if they just didn't heard me.

Running upright will aggro Zeds a lot, also shooting in towns, making noises etc. Groutching does work to the point that you can get a little closer to them, but you'll be seen pretty sure. Going prone is the savest way to move around Zeds, you'll get close to maybe 10 - 20 metres or sth without aggroing them.

Edited by Ken Bean

Everyone has a different opinion on the zeds and im pretty sure they will never be perfect i play the game every day and i don't see alot of the issue reported in fact i can jog up behind zeds to melee them pretty easy. 

I'm pretty sure if we checked sight and sound it should be close to Deans original if not the exact same infection from zed hits is lower then Deans original.

Zeds really do some heavy damage, so raids of towns or airfield really is dangerous.

Sure, there is some canned food more, but you apparently reduced the wild animal spaws quite a lot. Especialy as I was low on blood and didn't see or find anything, it took ages for me to regain my blood. One rabbit I found I wasn't able to gut, didn'

t got the option. So I regained by fishing a lot. Then I just got hit once or twice, and maybe the 3/4 was gone again.

I played maybe 8 hours without dying, but being most of the time very low on blood. Run across the whole map and those death messages were popping up like heck. Also as I started in electro, there lay bodies around everywhere.

So I would say it's pretty well balanced.

Zed are very tough though. Sometimes they seems to see through walls, but not sure if they just didn't heard me.

the animals was a bug in build -D 

• Like 1

Everyone has a different opinion on the zeds and im pretty sure they will never be perfect i play the game every day and i don't see alot of the issue reported in fact i can jog up behind zeds to melee them pretty easy. 

I'm pretty sure if we checked sight and sound it should be close to Deans original if not the exact same infection from zed hits is lower then Deans original.

Deans mod or his SA ? Cant compare this mod to his SA....

Deans original being 1.6.2 i think it was. No one mentioned SA at all

I was asking if you where talking about his SA..i didn't say you where talking about the SA.

Also comparing to Deans 1.6.2 isn't what you should be doing (and no one said 1.6.2 was good in regards to zeds) .Dean was still greatly tweaking zeds a lot at the time but stopped as he was obviously focused on SA and you guys took over fully. With new additions and features to the game comes re-balancing and you haven't re-balanced the zeds to fit your new features...1.6.2 was mabie fine for the features he had at the time (damages ...infection...vision ...hearing etc) but u bet your ass if dean wasn't working on a SA ...then dean would have re-balanced the zeds to fit his features and i think you guys have overlooked this. Don't compare to 1.6.2 :)

Edited by Massicor

the animals was a bug in build -D

That they are so rare or that I couldn't gut them?

Or both? :-D

One thing I forgott, the blury vision didn't disappear while regaining blood. Only getting hit by a Zed or rejoining the server removed the blur effect.

Edit

What are these hoses used for? Self blood baging? =)

Edited by Ken Bean