rocket

Build 1.7.2 Rolling Update

any news for ARMA X users???

seem that anyone can play except them....

ArmA X owner here. I've never had any problem playing, other than the occasional long loading screens, but it seems everyone runs into that for time to time.

I got into a few servers last night just fine.

- I was able to loot several deer stands without agro.

- Looted the market in Zelenogorsk without agro.

- I did NOT see 20 watches in the market, there was actually a variety of tools/loot

- My M4A3 CCO is still usable.

- Didn't see any beartraps.

I'm going to buy a 2nd copy of ArmA X this weekend so my friend can play when he comes over.

ArmA X owner here. I've never had any problem playing, other than the occasional long loading screens, but it seems everyone runs into that for time to time.

I got into a few servers last night just fine.

- I was able to loot several deer stands without agro.

- Looted the market in Zelenogorsk without agro.

- I did NOT see 20 watches in the market, there was actually a variety of tools/loot

- My M4A3 CCO is still usable.

- Didn't see any beartraps.

I'm going to buy a 2nd copy of ArmA X this weekend so my friend can play when he comes over.

you can just get Arma 2 CO to play Day Z together. you only need Arma X if yall plan on playing the Arma 2 DLC together

I've noticed that if you shoot zeds from Deerstands, then they will either

A) Agro toward you like they should

B) Agro in the opposite direction for 100-200m, and then agro return to there original location. They will then proceed to random walk like normal.

I've tried this on a few servers seems to be a 50/50 if their behavior is normal.

The only strange thing that I've run into with this update, is a CZ550 being replaced by night vision goggles, a map, and a watch. It's either a bug or someone was nice enough to leave something in my tent in return.

Is it just me or is the 1.7.2 torrent not being shared at all? :-(

I share it like hell!

Well, that's my good deed done for the week. Left torrent seeding since it came out, uploaded 5.22GB to peers so far. :D

I've noticed that if you shoot zeds from Deerstands, then they will either

A) Agro toward you like they should

:cool: Agro in the opposite direction for 100-200m, and then agro return to there original location. They will then proceed to random walk like normal.

I've tried this on a few servers seems to be a 50/50 if their behavior is normal.

sounds like they're getting into their usual zig-zag weirdness, and then losing aggro because it's taking them too far from you

Well, that's my good deed done for the week. Left torrent seeding since it came out, uploaded 5.22GB to peers so far. :D

You still have quite a bit to catch me... (click to zoom)

post-25247-0-66236100-1342033486_thumb.p

I know... it's a childish thing to reply with...

Carry on...

Edited by mariush

Had an issue where I left a load of stuff on the ground by my friend while I nipped into the shop in Zelenogorsk. Got eaten by zombies and when I clicked respawn all the stuff I'd dropped on the ground instantly disappeared as my friend was looking at it and about to start picking it up. Not sure if this is by design but it definitely spoiled the immersion and lost us some vehicles repair supplies we'd been collecting.

So i try logging in today since the update and it seems that my l85A2 aws just vanished! I still have all my mags and shit but i had my makarov equipped when i logged in and the primary weapon slot is just empty. Then i tried to zoom in/reload/shoot my makarov but nothing is happening, my char is just standing there.. any suggestions beside killing myself? (tried other servers too, no effect)

drop your makarov and pick it back up fixes bug also happening with sniper rifles

To people saying the zeds aggro from too far away: they actually SEE now like you would expect. Keep out of their line of sight and you will find that maneuvering them is quite manageable, but a welcome challenge. The community has been screaming for a buff for zeds, and this seems like a really working system compared to the previous ones imo.

To people saying the zeds aggro from too far away: they actually SEE now like you would expect. Keep out of their line of sight and you will find that maneuvering them is quite manageable, but a welcome challenge. The community has been screaming for a buff for zeds, and this seems like a really working system compared to the previous ones imo.

Yeah I agree, seems to be working as I would expect it to work now.

Yeah I agree, seems to be working as I would expect it to work now.

I love the fact that if I'm careless I will be punished with a few aggros, I was getting SO bored in 1.7.1.5 when you could just crouch walk ten meters in front of a zed and he'd just hiss and moan and keep walking along.

Main issues for me is the zombie spawning issue. A zombie completely scared me last night as it spawned right in my path, I wasted about half my clip in the panic :D

Also the clothing bug and missing items when you spawn again.

From what i've played so far in the recent update, I found the following:

- zombies spawned back in a deer stand i had just cleared out. (1 minute or so)

- zombies aggro'ed from a really long distance, even when prone / crouchwalking

- when I logged into a server, I had lost my ghillie suit and some stuff, weapon included. (Known issue, just wanted to state it again)

- a strange issue, whenever I aggro a zombie, they run away like 5 or 10 meters and then run towards me. This is surely not intented.

- most servers lag ALOT. Not sure if this is an issue related to DayZ dev team or to the server owners, but it's really annoying to see your friends running while stopped or running a long distance and then teleport back.

And that's it. Apart from that I found the performance much better.

• Like 2

@ Devteam. Can you pretty please (with sugar on top) give us an ETA on the hotfix?

Edited by ED-E

I'm sorry to say, and I haven't complained about a single update so far, but I've got issues with 1.7.2.

I'm all for zombies having line of sight and hearing but something is very very wrong with this patch. I've lay prone inside a building and up a ladder with no agro, only for a two zombies to see me from outside, through a wall 5 minutes later. They've then come running in the building and up the ladder.

I've hid inside one of those little single room offices, prone, with no agro. Could hear a Z outside behind the building. He suddenly agros and walks through the wall and attacks.

Had zombies spawn immediately next to me. Had Zs on two occasions agro from a distance where they were only a few pixels high and i was ether prone or crouched! They've literally come running over a hill and into the doorway im in from half a mile away.

They're still sometimes running in the opposite direction before turning to attack but that's hardly a big issue at the moment.

I'm not suggesting for one minute that they should be nerfed back to the 1.7.1 but there are issues at the moment that I'm sure more will notice as they play it more.

I've also noticed a real lag picking up gear or moving it to your person in the gear menu, and a few dupe items which appear to be related to the delay in the items being picked up.

Thanks for listening.

EDIT: I've just read brites post and it seems to verify what I've seen!

Edited by SpaceMidget75
  • Like 1

agree. absolutely.

Anyone actually seen bear traps and where do they spawn? looked around for ever and seen none.

Pretty sure Rocket put this in just to troll the forum.

Frequently lost pack contents by swapping packs. They like to drop through the floor when you switch packs with one on the ground.

whenever I log onto a server they're would be 1k+ zombies on the map and none of them move, wtf??

Losing my loot all the time i gather after patch 1.7.2, all ways spawn back on same place with loot i started with nomatter if its other server and alot lag warping zombies or players realy bad patch:(

I can live with aggro zombies but not saving my character anymore is to much pls fix this thank you.

I don't know if this is just me, but i looted Pustoshka, and i only found a crowbar in the church and a camping tent in the supermarket. Not even the usual trash we find. Just nothing. Also looted 2 completely empty deer stands.

Frequently lost pack contents by swapping packs. They like to drop through the floor when you switch packs with one on the ground.

This is old.

Best way to do it is to drop your pack, pick up the new pack, and then pick up the contents of your old pack.