MorninAfterKill

Maximize Frame Rate On DayZ and Arma2 - Low Frames Fix

Thank you very much!!! I'm playing in an 5 years old laptop, dual core 2,5Ghz, 4GB Ram and nvidia 9600M GT. Before this, I was playing ultra low and had low fps and some lag from time to time. Now I can play it smooth and with normal graphics settings. It's just like a miracle for me.

I'm lucky I came across this topic, but it's not where it should be, it should be stickied in a general section !!!

You have my beans and my ATV!!!

Edited by Khiven

Would like if this fix would work on nvidia cards :( , i will give it try at home

For everyone thats used this and seen a performance enhancement from this it seems everyone so far that Ive talked to has had an ATI Series Card. Can anyone else that has done this and seen performance enhancements from it confirm they too have an ATI card?

I have an ATI card, the game runs like crap even though I have a gaming machine also. To the point sometimes where I can barely turn around without the frames dropping heaps. I will test this out this afternoon when I am home and report back, haven't understood how I can run BF3 on high settings, but this runs like crap even on low. Hopefully this fixes it! Really want to get that quality up before I start recording.

For those of you that said it didnt work after talking with a few people that have left comments on the video and contacted me about it, if you can try this again, but before you load up the game right click the CFG files and go to the properties and check READ ONLY. some have reported this made it so that Arma didnt automatically reconfigure your values!

If you guys feel this should be in the General section i can always repost it there or a mod can move it...either way just trying to help everyone out. i dont know enough about the game yet to contribute to the other threads, as im reading them trying to learn too...especially the controls...why are there so many of them!

• Like 1

Thank you good sir! ATI user here, i was getting from 25fps before now i'm up to 50 in towns! :lol:

I'd love to give this a try but i can't find the files :huh: I have ArmA X and the directory layout seems to be different to the posted video.

Anyone know where these files are on ArmA X ?

My documents > ArmA 2 > ArmA2OA.cfg

Thank you very much Towbiekun :) Have some beans for your help

very nice post! running sli 680's under water and when i first got the game i was grabbing like 20-40 fps, went in and tweaked it a bit but never did what you said to do and was running at close to 90fps avg. after i changed the 1:1, cards are getting 110 avg. you sir have my beans.

I tried it and it didn't work for me :/

Tested using the Operation Arrowhead Benchmark (75 fps using Very High settings) with my .cfg files and with your configuration, i felt no changes in the benchmark results.

It's sad, because even getting nice frame rates in the bench mark, sometimes i experience some lag while playing DayZ.

Wish it worked :(

I tried it and it didn't work for me :/

Tested using the Operation Arrowhead Benchmark (75 fps using Very High settings) with my .cfg files and with your configuration, i felt no changes in the benchmark results.

It's sad, because even getting nice frame rates in the bench mark, sometimes i experience some lag while playing DayZ.

Wish it worked :(

75 fps?

...I think thats alright

• Like 1

Unplayable performance on my laptop (nvidia NVS 3100M) - 5-10 fps at 1024x768.

This brought me to a playable 22fps at 720p.

Can't wait to try this on my gaming rig (GTX 560ti). Many beans for you sir!

Please tell me you have a solution for in Towns ...

I run 120 Fps when I am in the wild, and it goes down to 25 Fps when I am scoping over Stary / Cherno / Electro ... and all other towns to be honnest.

I have been using the methode you mentioned in the video for a few weeks already, and am also using "-winxp" ...

I am able to record @ 100Fps 1080p (1920x1080) using Dxtory when I am in the wild, and when I am in towns it falls to 25-10 ...

MyFPS.png

As you can see above ... 215 Fps.

So why does it go so low when I approach towns ?

2x GTX 560ti - SLI

i7 2700k @ 3.9

2x 4gigs of RAM

its not better, still the same fps and stuff while recording.

@P5ykoOHD, make video memory to very high, i had it on default too, but i have much more fps on very high.

Edited by Crawnight

its not better, still the same fps and stuff while recording.

@P5ykoOHD, make video memory to very high, i had it on default too, but i have much more fps on very high.

I heard that Default uses the max it can, whereas Very High is only 512 ...

Have changed these settings and quickly logged in... seemed to notice about a 10fps increase in the few seconds that I was logged in for... will give this a more thorough test tonight...

Thanks for the info!

Ok, so i tested this out over a few hours last night, and it hasn't really changed my FPS much when compared to what it was previously...

The other issue that i encountered is that my gfx card was hitting 90+ degrees, however, not sure if that was due to this change or if it was something completely unrelated...

I heard that Default uses the max it can, whereas Very High is only 512 ...

I thought it was the other way around? Default = max 512.

Anyway, also setting HDR quality to very high seems to help some say. It supposed to force the game to allocate it to the GPU instead of CPU. And as we know Arma2 is allready very demanding on the CPU.

Edited by tickle_me_jesus

well tried this and makes no difference to my game think its either game bug or server side that is causing everyones fps drops.

when running sweet in none laggy server my fps is like 55-60 fps . just tried just now laggyish server as low as 20 fps ! this needs sorting. also on the older version of patches it ran smoother than the newer versions on servers.

I thought it was the other way around? Default = max 512.

Anyway, also setting HDR quality to very high seems to help some say. It supposed to force the game to allocate it to the GPU instead of CPU. And as we know Arma2 is allready very demanding on the CPU.

Will test and see ... but my real only issue is when I go in towns ... my Fps drops drastically ...

I mean, if I was always playing with 25Fps even in the wild, it would not bother me, but passing from perfectly smooth gameplay to choppy shit in towns is extremly annoying ...

well tried this and makes no difference to my game think its either game bug or server side that is causing everyones fps drops.

when running sweet in none laggy server my fps is like 55-60 fps . just tried just now laggyish server as low as 20 fps ! this needs sorting. also on the older version of patches it ran smoother than the newer versions on servers.

How is your Fps in town ? (Stary, cherno ...)

I was waiting you to pass out from lack of oxygen, I don't think you bothered to stop and breath during the entire video, haha!

Many thanks, though! This really helped me sort out my game. Cheers!

Edited by Jaime