leviski

So...How long until a DayZ ARMA 3 port?

Using this term : DayZ ARMA 3 port?

Never.

Now someone may try and make a mod that resembles DayZ but they will have to name it NightZ, or something else.

DayZ is now a BIS Trademark 2012, I've seen it in writing.

think JayZ might have a small issue with that

• Like 1

I don't mind these mods if they're done right, I'm sick of the server browser being full of Wasteland servers, which just sucks right now. It's too hard to find a good game, pretty much all the stuff people are creating are such crap.

I'm going to wait for the main island before I play though, I'd love Dayz for that island, I wouldn't want it for this small island, it's not a fun or well designed island, it's just crap and for some reason people are putting the spawns so close.

hello there

There will be a vast amount of a2 missions simplified and ported over.

Even Domination has hit A3 (dunno if Xeno's given permission for it though).

Remember they will be error prone and lacking in content as the alpha doesn't have a full compliment of "kit"

It is interesting how quickly it's happening. A very dynamic community indeed.

Rgds

LoK

From my knowledge Xeno gave permission for all domination variants and editing of current dom missions.

It won't happen. DayZ is a Stand Alone Game now, why would they waste it for a newer ArmA Game? People seem to think DayZ is some ArmA: II DLC, it's hilarious and saddening both at the same time.

It won't happen? How utterly naive of you.

I'm sure someone will create something similar, obviously the DayZ devs won't be involved as they are working on standalone. DZS has already been ported if you need your zombie fix. http://forums.bistud...-Sandbox-Arma-3

• Like 1

They seem pretty happy about us over there in arma land ;)

time to announce DayZ standalone before all the dam dayz crowd will fuck up servers list once again

damn..

:D

• Like 1

I never want to see DayZ on Arma 3.

+OP if you bought A3 just for a DayZ port, you don't deserve the game.

I Didnt buy it for a DayZ port, I was just stating it would be a cool idea. I bought ARMA 3 because I liked ARMA 2's campaighn

I Didnt buy it for a DayZ port, I was just stating it would be a cool idea. I bought ARMA 3 because I liked ARMA 2's campaighn

well, thats absolutely fine!

For a second there it looked like he needed your approval to do whatever the F he wants to do with his $$$.

I think a Dayz port would be better than the SA :) Yes i'm gonna get shot to bits for this but it's still my opinion.

Rocket did also promise the release of the sourcecode so there is no reason why it can't be ported, The modding community provided so much to Arma 2 that they can do the same with an Arma 3 / Dayz port and R4Z0R49 already has plans for a similer mod called 'Survivor'

I've already bought Arma 3 and i'll get the Dayz SA but i'd like to see both :)

It will be more likely that a Wasteland port will occur long before a dayz one and i doubt it will be till the full game is released

As I quote you Wasteland is being developed / testing launched for Arma 3. It looks great.

From my knowledge Xeno gave permission for all domination variants and editing of current dom missions.

Even to Arma 3? It was ported to IFL against his expressed wishes.

It's very likely we will see a direct port of a version of the mod to A3, I would say it is inevitable. It won't be authorized or approved, but it will happen.

Rgds

LoK

Let's hope there will be no DayZ mod for Arma 3. It's unnecessary since standalone is coming out soon

With the new engine and new gameplay features, it would be neat.

• Like 1

With the new engine and new gameplay features, it would be neat.

Indeed it would be neat. The new update entails a lot of game changing features, but that being said it's hard for me to imagine how it would be like with DayZ in ArmA III.

My brain hurts at the idea that some of you don't want DayZ with... a better game engine, graphics and new features...

The standalone doesn't have a release date so bring on improvements until then.

• Like 3

Let the madness begin...

Not saying I'm against or anything, but I think these mods maybe gonna put some extra pression over the SA dev team.

I didn't figure out yet if it is a good or a bad thing.

What if the standalone itself has been developed on the Arma 3 engine?

The dev team stated that it's a revamped engine based on TOH Engine. So, it's a completely new engine. Not sure if it's as good as A3 Engine.

but once we get Cherno ported over

Its already there for ARMA 3.

after having played arma iii for the last few days, it makes armaii dayz mod look bland n unintersting.

plz make a dayz mod port to armaiii, for use while we wait out the eventual SA release..

armaiii with all the options turned up is flat out gorgeous, and a hella fun game

Edited by Siberian

Is the multilayer running on arma 3 yet?

I am considering purchasing the alpha but I dont care for missions or COOP, its all bout dat death match.