rocket

Hotfix Build 1.7.2.5 Rolling Update

You don't understand what development testing is then. Also what would that eventually come to if they remove content to fix a bug. A flat land with nothing due to bugs? Just because a few people removed content to fix the issue doesn't mean the developers are willing to sacrifice that much for a temp fix or patch fix. Before anyone should post on a forum they should have developed at least one thing. It would eliminate half the whiners so people like me who have done something in their life wouldn't have to re-educate them time and time again.

I understand perfectly what alpha-testing is, but this is NOT a traditional testing, this is a OPEN alpha, it means that the players (us) aren't common testers, but normal players: we test the product WHILE we play.

The current glitches issue is a showstopper (if you know what a showstopper is, if not pls google it), and it MUST be hotfixed, including "hiding" the problem (removing the contents), until the root cause is found and addresses. They did the same already in the past (ie: barbed wire), so your argument is not valid.

We're also not talking about a "flat land", the glitches are caused by few contents, in fact if you ever played on those private hive servers you may noticed no difference at all with traditional map (again, before talking, educate yourself).

(and yes i've developed a few more than "one thing"... but im not here to challenge you on who got the longest stick, so no more blabbling pls).

Edited by WalkerDown
  • Like 3

These constant complaints and assumptive posts are exactly why many companies don't release open alphas.

This "open alpha" exists to get ppl interest to SELL (money) the final game... so stop talk about "opportunity", we actually doing their interest while playing the game. So yes, i'm getting fun, but i'm paying it with my time while testing it (plus ARMA2 has been on top steam sellers.. and it is from the same company; it's not that they are giving a present to us).

• Like 1

Enough is Enough! True Words, but for this Game. Since 20 July we wait for Fix. Now, it's time to ignore, which ignore us.

Don't you people understand what an alpha is? It's not even in beta stage. Alpha means they are still in the middle of creating the mod, you should expect things like the game crashing, items and character resets. Features not working or being incomplete. This is a testing phase. By downloading a game in Alpha you have chosen to take the risk of using it in order to test it out and give the developers feedback on how it works or what doesn't work and submit bugs, etc. You did not pay for this mod. You paid for the Arma 2 game, which you can play any time without the mod.

This is a an add-on or modified version of the original game. Mods are usually free and not supported by the original game developers. People put a lot of time and effort into making them. Please have the courtesy to thank them rather than rant about how the game should be fixed. If playing the alpha version upsets you that much, go play something else until it's in beta or until full release is made. Nobody is forcing you to play a test version of the game.

Same goes for servers. If you purchased a server knowing full well this is an alpha version, then you made the choice to create a server because you like the game that much and would like to create a space for people to play and help test the latest builds. If you feel somehow that the developers have cheated you in some way because your server will not work, perhaps you should have researched things a little more before making the decision to rent a server.

Edited by spectrex
  • Like 3

Don't you people understand what an alpha is? It's not even in beta stage. Alpha means they are still in the middle of creating the mod, you should expect things like the game crashing, items and character resets. Features not working or being incomplete. This is a testing phase. By downloading a game in Alpha you have chosen to take the risk of using it in order to test it out and give the developers feedback on how it works or what doesn't work and submit bugs, etc. You did not pay for this mod. You paid for the Arma 2 game, which you can play any time without the mod.

This is a an add-on or modified version of the original game. Mods are usually free and not supported by the original game developers. People put a lot of time and effort into making them. Please have the courtesy to thank them rather than rant about how the game should be fixed. If playing the alpha version upsets you that much, go play something else until it's in beta or until full release is made. Nobody is forcing you to play a test version of the game.

Same goes for servers. If you purchased a server knowing full well this is an alpha version, then you made the choice to create a server because you like the game that much and would like to create a space for people to play and help test the latest builds. If you feel somehow that the developers have cheated you in some way because your server will not work, perhaps you should have researched things a little more before making the decision to rent a server.

We understand perfectly what an alpha is, but when you're waiting stupidly long periods of time for even the most simple of solutions... you start to wonder how the devs will handle the standalone.

• Like 2

"* [FIXED] Respawn button not enabled when legs fractured"

Fucking thank you Rocket!!

infected running animations seems to be better than before..is it due to this patch?

Am I the only one who actually enjoy this game, despite the bugs? I visit this website a couple of times every day to see if there are some news regarding the new update and all I see in every thread, regardless of topic, are the same complains over and over again.

Can we please have a locked thread with updates on the progress with the upcoming patches? It's quite annoying to scan through pages of rage to find any sound information.

• Like 14

Well, although I had a long break... the game has not change that much. Some new bugs are there... but most old ones are still there. So I guess I hope this is the final version, because the amounts of bugs right now is high... but manageable.

I am just fooling around up there. Dean needs his time and I respect that

I am just hoping for a fix of the graphical glitch, because it is more than annoying... it hurts the eyes sometimes.

I don't understand what is gained by leaving the problem objects in the game when they are known to still be broken. I understand it would be "hiding" the problem, but by all means, hide the damned problem until there is a fix to be tested. So put out a 2.6 hotfix with the problems removed entirely, then when you think you have a handle on the problem, release a 2.7 with the objects returned. And if rocket actually thought 2.5 fixed the graphics, then I don't know what his testing methodology is. If he had no problems on 2.5 before releasing it, he should post the versions of ARMA, and the hardware and software specs of the test platform to see if anyone can reproduce it.

All the apologists are defending this as an alpha that we are testing, but it doesn't feel like testing conditions. We "tested" this version, its broken, as was the previous version, and these "tests" are months long between iterations. We knew the answers to these tests within days (or even hours) of the version releases.

Meanwhile, I just played 30min in DayZ Lingor and was astounded at how much of an improvement it was. I'll probably spend the rest of my dayz time there until the stand alone is out (if it is reported to be in good shape). The thing about the stand alone that worries me is how reliable will fixes come if we had these game breaking graphical problems for basically 2 patches over the course of 3 months. It doesn't build confidence...

• Like 5

Due to popular demand, locking the thread until something new develops.

• Like 12