romy

BattlEye investigation

Hi,

I am not asking you to unban me, because you said you can't.

I am permanently banned from DayZ by BattlEye, and because they don't want to give details about the ban, I am quite perplex.

I don't use any software to cheat or improve game performance, anything but DayZ, so I have a few questions for you.

I was using EMET (Enhanced Mitigation Experience Toolkit) to protect DayZ (still in alpha and code stolen, so I prefered to protect myself against remote exploits).

Do using EMET go against the use of BattlEye ? (I don't know exactly what it does, but it may mess with the memory)

Is somebody here using it with DayZ ?

Can a bug in DayZ (buffer overflow, ...) trigger a false positive ?

Do BattlEye really investigate global ban issues when asked by email ?

This sentence (plus the fact they did not answered in one week), let me think they just don't care and throw emails to /dev/null : "While we carefully investigate every case, please understand that we will not manually re-confirm the validity of your ban to you. Therefore, if we don't get back to you within the next 72 hours you can assume that your global ban is valid and will not be lifted by us."

If yes, do they find false positives and unban people ?

What may cause the ban (other that cheats programs), may it come from something on the computer even if it do not change anything to DayZ ?

Where should I look to find the cause of the ban ?

Are there any logs on the machine that triggered the ban ?

I really want to know what shit triggered the ban, the only thing which seems suspicious is EMET, I am not even sure it was done on my computer.

Thanks in advance

we cannot aid you in anything to do with bans sorry but only place that can is Battleye 

BattlEye will obviously not explain what triggered the ban as that information could be useful to hackers.

If false positives are found (which happens very, very rarely) BattlEye does lift those bans.

Even if the ban was somehow caused by someone else on some other machine, it was still your account for which you are responsible. Saying "oh no, my account got hacked" is not a valid excuse as that would simply be your own fault.

• Like 1