Sign in to follow this  
Spectator (DayZ)

HELP please, game will not start after making changes to improve fps

Hi, please help. I tried improving my fps using the vid linked below, I only took the actions up to minute 2:30 and now the game won't start. I have been able to play after the most recent update. I reinstalled the game in case that would do it but it did nothing. Please help, I miss my dayz!

Can you list exactly what you have been doing, as I am not able to watch that Video.

Hi, please help. I tried improving my fps using the vid linked below, I only took the actions up to minute 2:30 and now the game won't start. I have been able to play after the most recent update. I reinstalled the game in case that would do it but it did nothing. Please help, I miss my dayz!

its the XP compatibility mode. The game doesn't work on xp. Remove it. Also if you have the -winxp launch command then remove that too. The guide is outdfated as of 0.53

What happens when you try to start it?

It asks for admin permission to launch game, which it never did before, and after granting permission it fails, after a few retires a dayz dialog box appears stating game failed to launch.

Can you list exactly what you have been doing, as I am not able to watch that Video.

The first step described is to change the nvidia driver setting to full performance for the game. The next step is to open the dayz.cfg file in docs using notepad and change the GPU_Maxframesahead and GPU_Detectedframesahead values to 1. The last step i took is to change the dayz properties under compatability to windows xp service pack 3. Then the video directs you to log in for additional changes but i could not.

its the XP compatibility mode. The game doesn't work on xp. Remove it. Also if you have the -winxp launch command then remove that too. The guide is outdfated as of 0.53

Can you please tell me how to remove these? Thank you.

the same way you added all of that stuff.

Check launch options on steam.

delete the dayz folder in documents

dayz-be.exe properties, disable compatibility modes

the same way you added all of that stuff.

Check launch options on steam.

delete the dayz folder in documents

dayz-be.exe properties, disable compatibility modes

Ok, thanks. I'll try that tonight as I'm currently at work. I appreciate the help, sorry for the nubbishness.

Ok, thanks. I'll try that tonight as I'm currently at work. I appreciate the help, sorry for the nubbishness.

np, tell me if it worked.

You'll have to do the other fps tweaks again though after this.

I have had major issues before running both in compatiblity mode for Win XP as well as using the -winxp launchparameter. I don't recommend using it at this time.

np, tell me if it worked.

You'll have to do the other fps tweaks again though after this.

Ok,yeah removing the compatibility settings did it. Fps still bites ass but at least I can play again. Thanks again.

Ok,yeah removing the compatibility settings did it. Fps still bites ass but at least I can play again. Thanks again.

The FPS bites the same amount of ass on $4000 supercomputers. There is nothing you can magic out of a potato.