lev

Third person view removal from SA discussion

Anyways, I believe both sides had stated enough arguments. Let's see what the devs decide.

The devs will give an option for both. I can push all I want for first person only across the board but it's not going to happen. I wish it would, but it most likely won't. I mean I REALLY REALLY wish it would.

It's up to the community if first person is going to continue in the DayZ mod or not. These arguments are important to essentially recruit players to play first person. First person died on the mod, I'd like to at least be able to play the stand alone a few months.

There are already dozens of FPV vs TPV threads. Most of them got locked, for a reason.

Concerning the famous dslyecxi video, back then I took some time to upload some caps from said video. FPV field is not the same as the TPV field. Look especially the cap in front of the house.

NKBeWLx.jpg

If you want an intense 1st person experiance then there is nothing stopping you from hitting that button and getting it. By removing it you take that choice away from the player and restrict the ways the game can be played. At least you can admit its not a cheat and if more people begin to see it as the tool it is then i think less would complain. Ok so its a "cheap" move. Every game has these moves aka rocket nabs on games like BF. Its cheap but you could respawn with an rpg and play that game right back at them. Same goes for 3rd in Dayz. 

I just feel id loose a lot from dayz (and not tactical advantages) if it was removed. No more admiring my gear on that 3k run. No more epic screenshots. Also whats the point of us bleding from where we got shot from if we carnt see it. 

Il always defend 3rd person, because IMO it adds a lot to the game ;)

You can hold alt and look around and see where you are bleeding from. Also I don't play DayZ because it's third person. I'll only play on first person only servers. I can play the 3rd person game all day and I usually come out on top it's just not fun anymore.

Edited by realitycompl3x

How does it make it harder? Sitting up on a roof in 3rd gives you a hell of a jump on anyone.

The game would be better with out that community anyways. They can go back to playing Minecraft after daycare is over.

ARMA 2,3 sound is about the best you are gonna get.

there's always that.

I think the ideal system goes something like this.  Standing, third person.  Crouched, camera is pulled in halfway.  Prone, forced first person.   Gun in hands, camera pulled in halfway.   Aiming down the sight or weapon up, forced first person.  I think that's the best compromise I've come across.

• Like 1

If you want an intense 1st person experiance then there is nothing stopping you from hitting that button and getting it. By removing it you take that choice away from the player and restrict the ways the game can be played. At least you can admit its not a cheat and if more people begin to see it as the tool it is then i think less would complain. Ok so its a "cheap" move. Every game has these moves aka rocket nabs on games like BF. Its cheap but you could respawn with an rpg and play that game right back at them. Same goes for 3rd in Dayz. 

I just feel id loose a lot from dayz (and not tactical advantages) if it was removed. No more admiring my gear on that 3k run. No more epic screenshots. Also whats the point of us bleding from where we got shot from if we carnt see it. 

Il always defend 3rd person, because IMO it adds a lot to the game ;)

sometimes you need to restrict how or what the player can do for the overall good.

Fixing a game breaking exploit like tpv is the better solution.

Gibonez, I don't think you understand what an exploit is, in terms of software. Nor do you have a firm grasp of what constitutes a "game-breaking" one.

At the moment, it's a feature, and one the devs kept for a reason.

And you still haven't given an actual reason not to simply make it a server option.

• Like 2

I have an idea. Force all official hive servers to first-person. Give the option to unofficial servers or servers running on a shard.

So the people who absolutely need magic powers of clairvoyance can have the option to enjoy a lesser gaming experience, the realism-junkies get their hardcore simulation. If predictions about how third-person players represent the larger portion of the audience are true, then this option would relieve the developers of a large amount of fiscal drag to boot; hosting fees can be paid for by those who wish to support magic powers.

• Like 1

I have an idea. Force all official hive servers to first-person. Give the option to unofficial servers or servers running on a shard.

So the people who absolutely need magic powers of clairvoyance can have the option to enjoy a lesser gaming experience, the realism-junkies get their hardcore simulation. If predictions about how third-person players represent the larger portion of the audience are true, then this option would relieve the developers of a large amount of fiscal drag to boot; hosting fees can be paid for by those who wish to support magic powers.

Or you guys can go circle jerk on your eventual fp only servers.

Edit: people need to stop trying to cram their point of view down the throat of the rest of the community who would rather see a retooled tpv than a flat out removal to please whiners.

Edited by Nihilum
  • Like 1

Sadly, turd person view is a crutch many people have become dependent on, and any suggestion you make to remove or balance it, they instantly attack you to defend their most valuable crutch mechanic. As you can see in Dslyecxi's video about the subject, it murders immersion and also makes the grounds for firefighting unfair as you can see the enemy, but he can't see you because you're sitting behind a wall or a tree depending 100% on your magical floating camera.

Edited by Shizukage

Someone has probably already said this but the reason that 3rd person is in is because irl you can see much farther around you than the biggest FOV can provide. Although it can be abused by peeking over walls and crap it helps players who get motion sickness easily.

Someone has probably already said this but the reason that 3rd person is in is because irl you can see much farther around you than the biggest FOV can provide. Although it can be abused by peeking over walls and crap it helps players who get motion sickness easily.

I believe this is why the zoom feature is in also.

However you can use the fov slider to get the same amount of vision that you would get with tpv but now you cant cheat and peek around corners.

With head bob down people should not get motion sickness and those that do should probably pick another genre.

Sadly, turd person view is a crutch many people have become dependent on, and any suggestion you make to remove or balance it, they instantly attack you to defend their most valuable crutch mechanic.

LOL do you see what u wrote there ???

hint: ur SECOND word in ur already attacking the opposite view point...

nice work Einstein

• Like 1

The same thing will happen in SA as the mod. Vast majority of servers, including public hives will have TP. A much smaller number will be FP only, but those servers will be alot less populated.

Edited by kirbies
  • Like 1

Im just curious, where do all you 1st person advocates go?

I can barely find any 1st person only server. It is hard enough to find a decent server at all. Most are 1000+ vehicles and barracks all over the place with every crap possible enabled. Thank you, choice! You did a great job fucking it all up.

You could always rent your own server and set it up exactly as you like, which would be your right the same as it is every other server owners right to set theirs exactly as they please if they are footing the bill for it.

Great idea. I just keep at home playing with myself...unless I set that server up in a way many players prefer over the competition...like millions of vehicles, guns and whatever. Choice is great!

This thread once again show that people are just to stupid to be given choice. I just hope Rocket will keep his promise of "fixing" 3rd person view so it can't be exploited in combat.

I put that "fixing" in quotes because it actually means to fuck it up beyond any use.

Elitist "realism" asshole complains that everyone disagrees with him and that makes them "stupid" and unable to make good choices. Doesn't realize this means nobody agrees with him, so he pisses everyone off and insults them while trying to convince them to totally change their play style.

Leaves forum and never returns.

Everyone is happier.

• Like 2

"Additional options for those hosting servers will be rolled out as soon as we can. We want to encourage a "hardcore

there's always that.

I think the ideal system goes something like this.  Standing, third person.  Crouched, camera is pulled in halfway.  Prone, forced first person.   Gun in hands, camera pulled in halfway.   Aiming down the sight or weapon up, forced first person.  I think that's the best compromise I've come across.

this .....but taking a weapon should instantly force you into first person. 

I hate third person in first person games. There is no point to even have 1st if you are gonna do it because people who want to play 1st can't or they are screwing themselves over.

The PvP combat in SA is still very unbalanced like the mod because of the third person. In the many situations and strait up firefights I've experienced so far the same old problems appear (predominantly in urban areas/towns). Players camp, hugging walls and other objects without fear of exposing themselves. If one player moves to attack another it's suicidally impossible in most situations, aggressive play and even flanking rarely work.

Despite the game having such an emphasis on reality, the combat itself feels hugely artificial and borked. The third person removes the natural "fog of war" that first person creates so instead of skill, tactics and calculated risk determining the outcome of a situation, it's often just a whack-a-mole of who moves first or pure luck.

Fingers crossed the Vet/FP only servers turn up soon.

• Like 2

Elitist "realism" asshole complains that everyone disagrees with him and that makes them "stupid" and unable to make good choices. Doesn't realize this means nobody agrees with him, so he pisses everyone off and insults them while trying to convince them to totally change their play style.

Leaves forum and never returns.

Everyone is happier.

I don't care about morons not agreeing with me. They pissed me of first with their inability to realize that combat with 3rd person enabled is screwed, how and why, and therefore make the same stupid arguments over and over again.

You don't solve the problems of a game mechanic by creating an extra game. With that you only divide the player base. I wouldn't mind though, but the in my opinion fucked up version has a lot more gravity and therefore sucks the original dry. This gravity exists not because the game is better that way but solely because players don't want to lose the comfort they're used to have.

In short: players are lazy fucktards, not able to realize how this screws up things for them and everybody around them. Then they come here and proclaim choice is the answer to everything...and make me wish some parents had chosen birth control...

Did I piss of enough people again? Good.

People got used to losing all their hard-earned shit when they die, they'll get used to not peeking over walls.