CottonMonster

99 problems and Dayz is one of them

I'll start from the begining,

I've downloaded arma 2 C.O. from Steam. Everything loaded correctly.

Im using Six Launcher as my primary tool for connecting to Dayz servers.

my problems beging when opening Six Launcher (hereforth known as 6L). After opening 6L it beignings to refresh the server list, after 5 seconds of this it promptly disconnects me from the internet. i have to wait until it finishes updating the entire server list (all 6000 of them) before im connected back onto the internet. After im connected back to the internet, i try and connect to a server which has allowed me to connect in the past...once i make the connection and beging to play for 3 min it says "losing connection" then im promptly kicked from the server and my connection from the internet is once again disconnected....permanently. i know have to reboot my computer in order to get my connection back.

ive tried everything, uninstalling everything (steam, 6L, any folders containg Dayz materials) and reinstalling everything (including Battle eye) back again.

can someone be a pal and help me out here. im at my witts end and am thinking about trying warz instead.

thank you.

99 problems and Dayz is NOT one of them

got "anti virus" software installed?

make sure battle eye and Arma2 are alowed to use your internet connection.

should be check marked in Advanced options/Web and E-mail/Protocol filter or something like that in your A.V software

OR

install DayZ Commander, works like a charm, smoother with everything compared to 6L. (on my pc anywayZ)

or use Google first before complaining...

Edited by Gert-Jan
  • Like 1

Vouch ... DayzCommander is the preferred method of keeping everything up to date ... Loose 6 ... get Commander. problem solved.

DayZ Commander.

I used 6 launcher at first, DayZ Commander has a lot better options

From what I understand, because of 6L not working, there are "99 problems and DayZ is one of them"? I'm sure there are not that many problems with the mod, and I assume you're referring to the entirety of the mod, and not 6L itself. If that's the case, the title is misleading. Like these guys say, Commander is far superior to 6L. Does that answer your question?

Edited by Beloozero

99 problems and Dayz is NOT one of them

got "anti virus" software installed?

make sure battle eye and Arma2 are alowed to use your internet connection.

should be check marked in Advanced options/Web and E-mail/Protocol filter or something like that in your A.V software

OR

install DayZ Commander, works like a charm, smoother with everything compared to 6L. (on my pc anywayZ)

or use Google first before complaining...

i tried your suggestion...didnt work. but i gave you bean for sugguesting something.

as to your closing statement, let me get this straight, im suppose to check Google regaurding troubleshooting tip for Dayz before actually checking the troubleshooting forums on Dayz? Thas some ass backward thinking bro.

From what I understand, because of 6L not working, there are "99 problems and DayZ is one of them"? I'm sure there are not that many problems with the mod, and I assume you're referring to the entirety of the mod, and not 6L itself. If that's the case, the title is misleading. Like these guys say, Commander is far superior to 6L. Does that answer your question?

im not sure what your getting at. the title is just a title, a play on a Jay-z song, nothing more nothing less.

as for as Commander is concerned, ive tryied it and i have the same problem. im sure its more likely a network problem on my end.

i have successfully installed and played dayz at home without any incidents but im trying to install dayz at work, to play during my lunch hour, and this is where im having my problem.

Google=result (at least more info)

only asking on one server= time wasted

this is a forum/internet, increase your sarcasm please :P

dubbel post/slow loading forum..

Edited by Gert-Jan

i tried your suggestion...didnt work. but i gave you bean for sugguesting something.

as to your closing statement, let me get this straight, im suppose to check Google regaurding troubleshooting tip for Dayz before actually checking the troubleshooting forums on Dayz? Thas some ass backward thinking bro.

I believe that if this is happening with dayzcommander as well as 6l, it is a problem with your router- it overloads the router trying to ping all the servers. There's some tips somewhere (google is your friends despite what you say) on poss solutions (reduce max connections etc) but none worked for me, I jhave to use the in game laucnher

Edited by Friday N