rocket

Consolidated Weapons/Equipment suggestions

Awesome. Can't wait to give a suggestion or two.

Edited by Gesundheit

I've been working on the new inventory system.

Bricks are being shat.

Can't wait to see what you come up with.

God I can't wait for this game. XD

• Like 7

Can't wait to see what you come up with.

God I can't wait for this game. XD

It's different, I like it. And let's face it, it couldn't be much worse than it is now anyway.

• Like 40

This is the only game i am waiting for this year and i have not been this excited and wanting to play something this much in years.

• Like 28

Hm. I'd love to see a system much like the MGS3 Surpressor system. Where you use a Surpressor (Equippable and uneqippable) and after a while it ends up being degraded, durability is lost and eventually the item is destroyed or unusable. You will need to find a new surpressor in order to put them on. And you may have more then one surpressor in your bag.

• Like 11

It would be cool if you added Diffrent shoe types. I am seeing it now Spartan_ZA's Shoe trading palace!

I would love melee system worked well, be free to use simple things like a stick and stones, hitting and throwing objects, I feel powerful when using my hands to create chaos in the apocalypse lol

Feel the power:

• Like 3

maybe lets take all arma 2 weapons and make it 0.001 % in military and other high grade spawn so they will be extremely rare but there will be a lot of them to choose of.

• Like 2

A more extensive melee system! Hatchets should become the top of the melee food chain, maybe with some sort of spanner or wrench down the bottom. Also any more lower tier weapons that could be found in residentials/farms like the lee enfield. The military weapons are pretty darn extensive and I daresay they will be a lot harder to acquire in the standalone.

This is a little more off topic, but I'll say it anyway. More clothing variety! Maybe some sort of thermal coat to keep you warm at night and avoid getting infected or succumbing to another kind of sickness. Different hats and masks could determine whether the opposition is friend or foe.

Edited by CombatWombat
  • Like 1

Miscellaneous survival related items would be awesome in my opinion - Fishing lines, pen/pencil and paper/notebook (to write instructions on a notebook or pinning a paper somewhere with instructions or locations to other survivors), a whistle, a lighter, signal mirrors, Gerber style multitools, etc.

Also, clothes and gear with different stats such as water proof clock (works in rain or inside water while a standard one can get damaged), a poncho giving bonus against some diseases while in rain (less likely to catch a cold) and a temperature bonus, high quality military grade boots giving some temperature bonus and stamina bonus to the wearer on hard terrain, different types of gloves, different layers of clothing, etc. Each item with certain characteristic for certain temperature/weather conditions. Wearing winter clothes on a hot day will give you some problems for example.

Edited by Timberwolf
  • Like 14

everytime i see this kind of info, i understand that this game will be really something new and that will change a lot about videogames. i'm so glad to be a little part of this..thanks

and i want this standalone soooo badly

• Like 8

It's different, I like it. And let's face it, it couldn't be much worse than it is now anyway.

I guess you haven't played Skyrim.

• Like 18

I guess you haven't played Skyrim.

Touché

• Like 14

In addition to bear traps, how about noise-making traps? Could make claymores a rare spawn, too.

In terms of weaponry, I'd like to see the entire Arma 2 arsenal in the game, but have attachments spawn separately. Suppressors and certain optics (NV and thermal for example) should be extremely rare. Nobody actually needs an operator loadout, but having one should portray the experience of your character.

Melee weapons should be all household or home-made items, I'd rather not see ninjas running around with katanas and poisoned daggers.

Tear gas, gas masks, energy drinks, tourniquets could all be interesting

• Like 4

A letherman... Hunting knife and toolbox in one... Does both tasks less effectively, saves on inventory space...

Batteries... Power your gear, spare ones take up inventory space. Can be sacrificed to create fire.

• Like 2

I'm very interested to see how you remake the inventory system. I think it would be really cool if you had like a picture of a human in a cross shape, and each body part had a reading (similar to that of vehicles, e.g. red engine, orange fueltank you would have red legs if they are broken which would change to green when morphine is applied).

As for the weapons, definately more civilian style weapons. It feels like automatic rifles are far too common atm, there should be MANY more pistols/police weapons, maybe a baton(or whatever that poking stick that they use it called) or a taser?

• Like 3

I've been working on the new inventory system.

Bricks are being shat.

I hope you made it more user friendly but same mechanic. So at first or at move you can see only items in your hot slots now in the bag... for items in the bag you have to open bag as itself.

Same system for USING items... not that you have a bandage in backpack so you can instantly used it... i really like that system that you have to actually manage your inventory!!!!

FM radio + tuner.

Scanning a variety of set frequencies in the hopes that someone else also has one and is doing the same thing.

Thermal blanket/raincoat/sleepingbags as alternate ways of staying warm/gaining heat.

Camouflage nets/Locks with key(s) for better hiding of your base / security. also a way to break in using misc tools (small crowbar, screwdriver,hammer,wire clipper etc) that you could stash in the toolbox, could also be used to saboutage a vehicle.

A much wider variety of household weaponry, especially soviet era ones. AK variants, mosin nagant, .22 cal hunting rifles / pistols, flare gun.

Vodka, both for drinking and combined with a piece of paper and a box of matches making a molotov, small handheld tossable fire.

• Like 10

How about some form of a grappling hook, to get over walls

Also a tow cable system to hook up old cars and get them to a secluded area to scavenge for parts in safety or to clear roadways / make barricades!

Molotov Cocktails could be fun! Also some sort of aerosol spray with a lighter would produce a nice torch!

• Like 2