Back to dayzgame.com
Photo

And so it slowly dawns on me... Dayz sucks.

93 replies to this topic

#21 Hetstaine

Hetstaine

Chernarus Marathon Champion

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7509 posts
  • LocationThe Woods

Posted 03 October 2012 - 10:01 AM

It is not a bad post but i think the op is missing out on a lot of other things the game has to offer and has really not even scratched the surface before coming to his conclusion that the game sucks.

How do you compare it other fps games online such as cod or bf3 ? Not a rag on those games but i am just wondering :) Also wondering if he has every teamed up in dayz and played with a decent group that does not have a kos mindset.
  • SmashT and camycamera gave their beans

#22 Dr.Duff

Dr.Duff

Survivor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 453 posts
  • LocationWilderness

Posted 03 October 2012 - 10:03 AM

OP makes us mature gamers look like grumpy old farts who can't stand to be shot! Its. A. Shooter. If you don't want to get shoot, play another genre. With zombies sure you can avoid them easily, but I bet you still found yourself eaten or killed by the randomest thing. DayZ is one of those games that is different depending on how you play. So change what you do if you're bored.

Oh and so what, you played back in the 90's, when video games were shit, congrats to you sir, we all know gaming and the internet back then was utter shit.
  • Cedric LeBoeuf and camycamera gave their beans

"Oooh that is a nasty graze, there's nothing for it... I'm afraid we need to amputate!"

Dr.Duff has spoken, you have not been charged for this diagnosis.

Hatchet Reloaded

#23 electroban

electroban

Survivor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 275 posts

Posted 03 October 2012 - 10:29 AM

Oh and so what, you played back in the 90's, when video games were shit, congrats to you sir, we all know gaming and the internet back then was utter shit.

Just fucking no. The current gens are fucking retarded Call of Duty + Halo franchises are fucking flatout retardedly bad. 90s games has some seriously innovation and ingenuity. The current AAA games are just repeats of the same game over and over and over again. Next Gen graphics sure, but the content is completely shite.

I mean why do you think they resurrect old 90s franchises like Fallout etc? Cos there the fucking bizzle, and most IPs nowadays are trash.

Anyways your post gets the award for biggest fuktarded statement I've read in sometime.
  • Tuggo, opethZ, ED-E and 3 others gave their beans

#24 Pendragon

Pendragon

I'm Ben Franklin Mother F*cker!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1264 posts
  • LocationWitness protection

Posted 03 October 2012 - 10:31 AM

OP makes us mature gamers look like grumpy old farts who can't stand to be shot! Its. A. Shooter. If you don't want to get shoot, play another genre. With zombies sure you can avoid them easily, but I bet you still found yourself eaten or killed by the randomest thing. DayZ is one of those games that is different depending on how you play. So change what you do if you're bored.

I was with ya until the games and internet was shit in the 90's! I disagree, the hardware sucked yes, but I miss free shit, privacy, and Alta vista!! (ok I don't miss Alta vista) Games had a different feel to them and I miss it. Not saying I hate the current games its just they aren't the same. (probably waxing nostalgia tho)
Posted Image
"Any fool can criticize, condemn and complain and most fools do."
Benjamin Franklin

#25 Faceman Peck

Faceman Peck

Bean King

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 575 posts
  • LocationFlying a Tank

Posted 03 October 2012 - 10:33 AM

Zzzzzz this thread did not deliver
To the OP. Its about making your own fun, not bitching and crying that you are leaving. These threads have gotten old

-=While the wicked stand confounded, call me with thy saints surrounded=-

O yeah.....and all of your Cherno are belong to us

#26 Dr.Duff

Dr.Duff

Survivor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 453 posts
  • LocationWilderness

Posted 03 October 2012 - 10:36 AM

Just fucking no. The current gens are fucking retarded Call of Duty + Halo franchises are fucking flatout retardedly bad. 90s games has some seriously innovation and ingenuity. The current AAA games are just repeats of the same game over and over and over again. Next Gen graphics sure, but the content is completely shite.

I mean why do you think they resurrect old 90s franchises like Fallout etc? Cos there the fucking bizzle, and most IPs nowadays are trash.

Anyways your post gets the award for biggest fuktarded statement I've read in sometime.

Oh wow, another COD hater, so original. As for your other comments, well I'll let them stand out like the retarded thumb they are. Originality as far as games go is like music, there's only so many times you can be original, the same goes for games. Graphics and new technologies is what makes games better these days. Granted some of the classic old school games have great playability still but OPs comment referred to a terrible game franchise.

You'll notice the ressurection of Fallout was completely different and way better than the original, so there is a perfect example for you. As for the award.... I am honoured. I accept this award humbley, I have the perfect place for it... bend over.

"Oooh that is a nasty graze, there's nothing for it... I'm afraid we need to amputate!"

Hatchet Reloaded

#27 Faceman Peck

Faceman Peck

Bean King

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 575 posts
  • LocationFlying a Tank

Posted 03 October 2012 - 10:44 AM

Oh wow, another COD hater, so original. As for your other comments, well I'll let them stand out like the retarded thumb they are. Originality as far as games go is like music, there's only so many times you can be original, the same goes for games. Graphics and new technologies is what makes games better these days. Granted some of the classic old school games have great playability still but OPs comment referred to a terrible game franchise.

You'll notice the ressurection of Fallout was completely different and way better than the original, so there is a perfect example for you. As for the award.... I am honoured. I accept this award humbley, I have the perfect place for it... bend over.

Only better in the sense that it looks more polished to you (a nicer looking game)
If you weren't gaming in the 90's stfu then cuz you don't have an informed opinion.
Other than graphics dudes right. O and you're a clown
That just about sums it up
-=While the wicked stand confounded, call me with thy saints surrounded=-

O yeah.....and all of your Cherno are belong to us

#28 GoodGrief

GoodGrief

Helicopter Hunter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 87 posts

Too right man. That guy has to be fucking retarded to suggest video games and PCs/internet were "shit" back in the 90s. In the 90s they were the fucking bomb. It looked extremely realistic to me at that time. There was nothing else to compare it to. Only with hindsight do the graphics look shit. He digs his grave a little deeper by going on to explain graphics are all that matter now? More like back in the 90s, before big business mother fuckers took over all the devs and raped the individuality of their ideas, pumping out flashy graphics "shit" games, there was an originality in gaming that would otherwise still exist today
Posted Image

#29 electroban

electroban

Survivor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 275 posts

Its not original being a CoD hater it's just really how many times are you going to spend 40 quid to play the same game with the same engine over and over again untill you realise your getting shafted. You'll also note that alot of game developers have also said that the indsutry needs to start to mature as it is clearly stagnating.

And Fallout 3 was on par with the originals. It just looks alot flashier.
  • camycamera and GoodGrief gave their beans

#30 Dr.Duff

Dr.Duff

Survivor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 453 posts
  • LocationWilderness

Posted 03 October 2012 - 10:50 AM

Only better in the sense that it looks more polished to you (a nicer looking game)
If you weren't gaming in the 90's stfu then cuz you don't have an informed opinion.
Other than graphics dudes right. O and you're a clown
That just about sums it up

I was gaming in the 90's, less than I do now because I was young and had a life.

Too right man. That guy has to be fucking retarded to suggest video games and PCs/internet were "shit" back in the 90s. In the 90s they were the fucking bomb. It looked extremely realistic to me at that time. There was nothing else to compare it to. Only with hindsight do the graphics look shit. He digs his grave a little deeper by going on to explain graphics are all that matter now? More like back in the 90s, before big business mother fuckers took over all the devs and raped the individuality of their ideas, pumping out flashy graphics "shit" games, there was an originality in gaming that would otherwise still exist today

Wow, someone hates on the generic popular shooter and this guy leads with the retard insult, this is one thing I do not miss form the 90's gaming genre.

Its not original being a CoD hater it's just really how many times are you going to spend 40 quid to play the same game with the same engine over and over again untill you realise your getting shafted. You'll also note that alot of game developers have also said that the indsutry needs to start to mature as it is clearly stagnating.

And Fallout 3 was on par with the originals. It just looks alot flashier.

Well, personally I never got into COD. I stand by my statement, games as a whole are better now. Multiplayer experience is everything in a game and back in the 90's there wasn't a great availability as there is now., ie:everyone has the internet today, but back then, not so much.

Please feel free to keep the insults coming, just because you don't agree with my opinion doesn't mean you have to be an arsehole. It's called debate.

Hatchet Reloaded

#31 electroban

electroban

Survivor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 275 posts

Posted 03 October 2012 - 10:56 AM

Well, personally I never got into COD. I stand by my statement, games as a whole are better now. Multiplayer experience is everything in a game and back in the 90's there wasn't a great availability as there is now., ie:everyone has the internet today, but back then, not so much.

Please feel free to keep the insults coming, just because you don't agree with my opinion doesn't mean you have to be an arsehole. It's called debate.

Whaaaaat 90s multiplayer online was going on, Quake 2 and the many shit tonnes of mods it had was gettin played, so was Unreal. It's just alot of kids were turding around on nintendo at the time. And no games as a whole really arn't better. I'd give my left nutt for a game like Baldurs Gate again. However the indie scene has made some good titles recently but you sure as fuck arn't playing games like botanicula for the thrilling multiplayer experience. Just get to grips with the idea that the gaming machine medium can do alot more than just brainless FPS.

#32 GoodGrief

GoodGrief

Helicopter Hunter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 87 posts

Posted 03 October 2012 - 10:59 AM

The crux of your argument seems to be that

1) You weren't playing multiplayer games when you were younger

2) Therefore you didn't know that there were multiplayer games when you were younger

3) Therefore it's better now, now that you do know and play them and they are better games for that reason

Fuck i was playing with hundreds of players at once in the massively multiplayer Raider Wars as early as 1997 and that had 3d graphics. Delta wasn't 3d but it still packed heaps of players per server (like 100?).

You just missed out.
Posted Image

#33 Dr.Duff

Dr.Duff

Survivor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 453 posts
  • LocationWilderness

Posted 03 October 2012 - 11:15 AM

So when I say multiplayer you assume FPS? /facepalm

Internet speeds back then were shite, therefore online gaming was worse.

I didn't miss out at all, I had great fun.

Hatchet Reloaded

#34 GoodGrief

GoodGrief

Helicopter Hunter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 87 posts

Posted 03 October 2012 - 11:22 AM

So when I say multiplayer you assume FPS? /facepalm

Internet speeds back then were shite, therefore online gaming was worse.

I didn't miss out at all, I had great fun.

If you are talking to me about the multiplayer FPS assumption: No. Raider Wars was not an FPS, here is a link to information on that http://home.earthlin...ec/rwabout.html .
Internet speeds back then would be shite on todays games. The loads were relative. Even on a modem I enjoyed delta and raider wars without a hitch. As time went on and there was halflife/TF - by then you could get ISDN for as low a ping as you can get today. Still the 90s. There was also a really big C&C MP scene and total annihilation..Really with the emergence of the masses online due to increased connectivity, which you seem to think implies better games, the quality of gaming has only gone down. It's full of smacktards now. I'm sure you had fun on the snes man

Edited by GoodGrief, 03 October 2012 - 11:24 AM.

Posted Image

#35 Calibre

Calibre

Numquam procedamus retardare.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1342 posts
  • Locationthe Emerald isle

Posted 03 October 2012 - 11:41 AM

ah come on now.. the internet was shite in the 90's, to get a decent gaming experience you had to set up a lan with your mates...

banner88_zps73517c5b.jpg

#36 Hershel Green

Hershel Green

Survivor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 136 posts

Posted 03 October 2012 - 11:46 AM

@OP. Just use your imagination (like you also needed back in the 80's and 90's due to poor graphics.) make up your own mission. Join up with some guys and go clear towns from bandits. Help those in need or just observe people kill eachother and then loot their bodies for fun. There is so much to do beside killing others. But you will have to truy.

#37 dgeesio

dgeesio

Bean King

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2124 posts

Posted 03 October 2012 - 11:47 AM

there isnt no depth once you realize this dayz is no fun to play.

basically you start out like wtf what great fun learn the ropes getting shitty guns and a rusty axe pull off a kill or two on your search for loot on bandits and think sweet !

then you find your first real good gun get your first vehicle and your like yeah man im on this now. then you learn the lie of the land where everything is dont need map and can get your basics very quickly .

this is when the game goes down hill cause you realize its just a game of find a gun, water and food then rinse and repeat.

once you had the vehicles the guns the camps there is nothing left.

this is why dayz needs missions like wasteland mod and other things added in to keep things from getting stale like it does after a month of playing the game.

the reason dayz was , is a success as it was fresh and every dived in very quickly . now ask how many of your friends if in groups play it at all or daily. litterally everyone i know stopped a month ago after hacking got so retarded .

i find it funy that every excuse in this game is often down to the game being a "ALPHA" well when standalone comes out its going back to "ALPHA " haha a game that never breaks alpha !!!

#38 root`

root`

Survivor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 244 posts

Posted 03 October 2012 - 11:52 AM

1. find players to play with
2. try different map (Lingor, Takistan ... even Utes is good for few PvP moments)
"The ultimate ignorance is the rejection of something you know nothing about and refuse to investigate."

#39 Trizzo

Trizzo

Mr F*****g Hero

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 789 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 03 October 2012 - 12:00 PM

The problem is that once you've been playing a while you can gear yourself in half an hour, once you're geared there's nothing to do except murder people.

Or help people?

the reason dayz was , is a success as it was fresh and every dived in very quickly . now ask how many of your friends if in groups play it at all or daily. litterally everyone i know stopped a month ago after hacking got so retarded .

Still posting? Still playing?

And a side point. Anybody who says its boring to sit around and look, aka "sit and wait" otherwise know as an "ambush", and that the firefights don't involve much running around...two things.
1)You have been conditioned by other shooters to move around like a manic kid with adhd
2) Pick up a gun or heck even a stick, go run the backyard and see how striaght you can keep the 'barrel'. Then tell me how accurcate you think would be shooting at 100+ meters

Edited by Trizzo, 03 October 2012 - 12:06 PM.

DayZwTrizzo! @youtube: Expert Tips, Solo Combat, Player Encounters, More!...

Aussie Bush Harvest good mates, wild game, good times

#40 Dr.Duff

Dr.Duff

Survivor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 453 posts
  • LocationWilderness

Posted 03 October 2012 - 12:06 PM

I'm sure you had fun on the snes man

Never owned a Snes, I had an N64 and pretty much only played Perfect Dark on it. Please, continue to insult me for sharing my opinion.

Hatchet Reloaded