thomas28

Shiting in the woods, pissing and diarrhoea.

Wait...this didn't get locked but my Spring Shoes and Rocket Skates thread did? Wtf?

Seriously ANY respect I had for Rocket and his idea's went out the window the moment I heard about this and TBH if he does bring this shit (no pun) into the standalone I will personally hunt him down with a bag full of real shit.

• Like 1

Seriously ANY respect I had for Rocket and his idea's went out the window the moment I heard about this and TBH if he does bring this shit (no pun) into the standalone I will personally hunt him down with a bag full of real shit.

Why are you so offended by something that healthy people do every single day of thier lives???, it's not going to be real shit, it'll be a small model of brownish pixels on a monitor, there is nothing that can harm you or those you love, relax.

• Like 1

Why are you so offended by something that healthy people do every single day of thier lives???, it's not going to be real shit, it'll be a small model of brownish pixels on a monitor, there is nothing that can harm you or those you love, relax.

It's not the actual act that gets to me, it's the idea of it making places disease ridden which will be abused just like barbed wire is now, there will always be mechanics in games that are abused/exploited but things like this that don't need to be in the game are downright pathetic, that is my opinion.

• Like 1

It's not the actual act that gets to me, it's the idea of it making places disease ridden which will be abused just like barbed wire is now, there will always be mechanics in games that are abused/exploited but things like this that don't need to be in the game are downright pathetic, that is my opinion.

Life isn't fair, why should gaming be?

• Like 2

I see your point about potential for exploitation, but let's be honest there will always be ways to exploit the game for personal advantage and there will always be those players who seek out and abuse these exploits on this we agree.

However, I for one cannot wait to kill my first bandit while he is busily curling one down, trousers round his ankles and hands fumbling for a weapon, his eyes full of the knowledge of just how undignified this particular death is going to look when his clan-mates find it on youtube later that night.

• Like 2

Life isn't fair, why should gaming be?

Didn't say fair I said it's pathetic and I'm sure if more of the decent players read the forums and responded to threads they would say the exact same as me, now take away the mechanic of it that would allow trolls to spoil other peoples game and I would love to be in the same situation as Rastamus, killing some Bandit who is unable to protect himself because he is too busy curling one out would be so funny, the disease spreading bit is wrong and should not be added IMO.

• Like 1

Ultimatly the night cycle should be decreased in time so players don't get bored but this will mean that night time becomes its own complex sub game, getting caught in the open, making fire, getting good cloth layers, if it rains you need to light a fire (in cover) to get warm ASAP or hypothermia sets in. That is on top of zombie/player combat/navigation at night. We havn't yet seen how terrfiying a night actually can be in DayZ...cold rain at night is my bush nightmare...you can't get warm...you can't light a fire....you best hope you have spare clothes and or a warm sleeping bag or you're in for misery

Or you just log out and join a daytime server...or real life for a change. Dude, it's just a game! There's neither the need nor a point in putting every everyday nuisance into my funtime. If I'd like to wash myself then would I play computer games?

I dont really think little brown logs will be implemented as such. The concept will be (IMHO), as the servers are played, they will generate player heat maps (not to be shown/shared with the public). Those high traffic areas (Cherno, Elektro, the whole coast?) will by nature be 'dirtier' areas. Giving way to higher chances of getting sick etc. I highly doubt that players will be given a button to 'poo' every 8-10 hours (as wonderful a troll button that would be).

Have to agree with you mate. I'm a big fan of Rocket's and love what he's done with DayZ so far. The shit thing is just unnecessary though...

• Like 1

-Hand hygiene, this is how most illness is picked up. Animals carry bacteria on their bodies, blood and hoofs. So do dead bodies and sick players. When dealing with poop, dead boides/animals players need to wash hands. By water bottle, lake, portable hand sanitiser. This would effect eating/drinking. If you don't wash yourself before eating/drinking you run a good risk of getting sick.

-Showers. Need to bathe every 3 days for general hygiene and cloth degredation. Done in water sources. What would this effect? Zombies picking up scent and walking in your direction, animals picking up scent and running away, maybe an indication of player proximity by a audio cue if very smelly

-Trolling an area by shitting? Ever heard of the saying don't shit where you eat?

- Night time in the outdoors is freezing, espieclly in Russia. We need more complex clothing layering, not just three sets if clothes.

-Clothes what impact can we have on players?

*Ghille Suits are hot. Make palyers run slower, drink more, get very cold in the rain, stink more

*Finding thermal layers/outdoor clothes for night time.

HA! Holly shitZor.. What the fuck just happened ?

You talk as if you went camping for a week like you were stranded in the scrub for months :P You cannot not tell a cactus that you would actually enjoy all that in a game now would ya ?

Overkill. Shit and piss is enough for me but i appreciate you zealous response..

haha.. this is half the reason I trawl the dayz forums every day..

Omfg this idea and responses had me laughing to the point of tears! I can just imagine a high population server where elektro supermarket is caked shut in shit, or someone writing out SOS in shit on the street. I can't wait to go take a shit or piss on someones dead body, it's the ultimate tea bag! Then there's the possibility of everyone playing dayz just going to another server to shit so it doesn't affect their home server, and I could just imagine everyone filling, literally, a server with a giant wave of brown turd! Haha this is fucking hilarious! I would hate to return to my Skoda to fine some one diarrhea'd all over the windscreen, I'd have to waste a water bottle or just get another windscreen. You could even leave crap all over a heli if you can't/ dont want it... The possibilities of this 'poo' button are endless hahaha

Omfg this idea and responses had me laughing to the point of tears! I can just imagine a high population server where elektro supermarket is caked shut in shit, or someone writing out SOS in shit on the street. I can't wait to go take a shit or piss on someones dead body, it's the ultimate tea bag! Then there's the possibility of everyone playing dayz just going to another server to shit so it doesn't affect their home server, and I could just imagine everyone filling, literally, a server with a giant wave of brown turd! Haha this is fucking hilarious! I would hate to return to my Skoda to fine some one diarrhea'd all over the windscreen, I'd have to waste a water bottle or just get another windscreen. You could even leave crap all over a heli if you can't/ dont want it... The possibilities of this 'poo' button are endless hahaha

See this guy is one of the ones I see using it to troll people, the mechanism isnt even in game yet and people are working out how to troll with it.

See this guy is one of the ones I see using it to troll people, the mechanism isnt even in game yet and people are working out how to troll with it.

I'd leave one crap on a dead body, a tent and then a car then i'd be burying it, those are just examples of what I'd expect, and quite frankly just laugh at.

Anything implemented into a game is open to tardness. Anything involved with shit is open to levels of tardness never yet seen in games. You cannot compare shit and the as50..it is a whole different thing clearly. Where did anyone mention a clean safe boring game ? Are you even following this thread Shigz or did you just engage fingers and not your brain ?

Agreed. I cannot compare feces with a .50 caliber gun. The gun can kill me from 1000m away, the shit can't. So... what's the problem again? Also, I never said it should be implemented, just saying I don't think is something impossible to happen and also have to use the toilet is something as comum as have to eat and drink. I will be laughing so hard if this get implemented in the stand alone in the future!

Brains? No... I gave it to the zombies 3 months ago. I've being happier since.

• Like 1

I can see that trolling by Shiting could become a Issue (a specially if this could be exploited with Cannibalism) but not so big as some would make it out to be, as you would only be able to do so every 6 or 8 hours.

Rocket talked about, a lot less hut and more subtle Q's peeing could be one of those on Hydration.

Edited by thomas28