Back to dayzgame.com
Photo

When and where from did you heard about DayZ and what forced you to buy it?

when and where did heard about dayz what forced buy

61 replies to this topic

#21 Swordfish

Swordfish

Survivor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 127 posts

Posted 01 October 2012 - 05:09 PM

I saw it on youtube. My friend has been trying to "convert" me from xbox live to PC gaming. Now I've got quite a few PC games and haven't really touched live much anymore.
  • Hello moto and Lefroy Jenkins gave their beans

#22 Dr.Duff

Dr.Duff

Survivor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 453 posts
  • LocationWilderness

Posted 01 October 2012 - 05:10 PM

I saw an ealry version footage on Youtube and didn't really like the look of it. Then a week or so ago some friends of mine dragged me into a Skype call whilst they were playing. Their screams and panics made me piss my pants with laughter so decided to try it out, now I'm addicted.

"Oooh that is a nasty graze, there's nothing for it... I'm afraid we need to amputate!"

Dr.Duff has spoken, you have not been charged for this diagnosis.

Hatchet Reloaded

#23 SgtDouglas

SgtDouglas

Survivor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 138 posts
  • LocationWhat if life is just a hologram man

Posted 01 October 2012 - 06:48 PM

Just like the topic title says: when did you heard about dayz and what forced you to buy it?

I was playing standard ArmA II Warfare missions and saw few (8-10) DayZ servers in the server browser and I was wondering what the hell is DayZ. Next day I've typed 'dayz' in Google and downloaded all files. The first 20 hours of DayZ was the most tense gameplay ever:) I remember my first player interaction. It ended with my death haha:)

This is basically my experience, too :D

And I still play arma2 occasionally

#24 Cpt_Beefheart

Cpt_Beefheart

Scavenger

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts

Posted 01 October 2012 - 06:55 PM

I first learned of Day Z from this article in Ars Technica, really great article/interview with a medic. I still hope to run into Dr. Wasteland someday. Great read for anyone I think.

http://arstechnica.c...-zs-grim-world/

#25 Zombie Jesus

Zombie Jesus

Undead Savior

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1272 posts
  • LocationChilling with my Daughter in Cali

Posted 01 October 2012 - 06:59 PM

There I was sharpening my sick sniping skillz in CoD MW3 and BF3 when a buddy told me about an awesome game that allows you to sit on a hill sniping people. I checked out Youtube and told my buddy it looked like it was hard to get geared out and he said "nah man that is for sucka's, we going to cheat like mad hackers with mad skillz." Since I am a sociopath I had no problem with the idea of ruining hundreds of other players day with my sick new hackz, so I threw on God mode and started sniping new players with my AS50 TWS, man I am so great at this game. People can not touch my crew when we are teleporting around the map getting every gun out of our magic box, do not be Jelly of our mad skillz just cause you a sucka.

Just kidding, my buddies and I started seeing a ton of videos and articles about the game online and decided to give it a try sometime in June (I missed the Steam sale), been playing this and other Arma 2 mods ever since (full disclosure I actually do play BF3 and like it, I know it is a sin on this forum but I really do not care).
  • SkoomaKing, wr6133, Pendragon and 1 other gave their beans

#26 Connorwarman

Connorwarman

Woodland Warrior

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 31 posts

Posted 01 October 2012 - 07:21 PM

Heard about it on YouTube, Watching OshiSeven and Sacriell kill people. Looked amazing so i decided to buy it.
Next thing i know, im not answering friends call's or going outside. :)

#27 Laatikkoinen

Laatikkoinen

Scavenger

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts
  • LocationPusta

Posted 01 October 2012 - 07:35 PM

Already had arma2 because of arma2:pr, decided to try dayz because it was everywhere.

#28 HowardTheDuck

HowardTheDuck

Woodland Warrior

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 42 posts

Posted 01 October 2012 - 07:36 PM

Friend told me about it, he didn't have it either but we searched for people playing it on Twitch and we were all hooked on the concept of it all.

#29 colekern

colekern

One of the good guys.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3028 posts
  • LocationNovy Sobor

Posted 01 October 2012 - 10:40 PM

I was on an app called weave. It's a news app for windows phone. Saw a thread on Kotaku while I was on the app, and had to get it.

c9tw61v.png

Need help with anything? Send me a PM.

#30 mgsloth

mgsloth

Helicopter Hunter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 75 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 01 October 2012 - 10:44 PM

My wife was complaining that I never spend time with my computer, only her, so I had to find something to take all my time on the computer besides l4d2...

#31 Angryofficer

Angryofficer

Survivor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 330 posts
  • LocationThe center of a sun

Posted 01 October 2012 - 11:09 PM

That livestream.
fuk gotta get 500 posts so i can put dumb shit in my title

#32 Lefroy Jenkins

Lefroy Jenkins

Helicopter Hunter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 96 posts
  • LocationLefroy, Ontario

Posted 01 October 2012 - 11:24 PM

I was looking at "Run for Your Lives" vids on youtube, and saw a video of what looked to me at first like a couple of guys in a field. I realized it was a game, started watching more tutorial vids, and then I saw Sacriel's "Why you should get DayZ". I proceeded to buy Arma II CO, download DayZ, become frustrated with the gameplay on my laptop, and buy a new computer. I haven't touched my Xbox in over a month. I think it might belong to the kid now.

#33 Inception.

Inception.

Insubordinate Clause

• DayZ Forum Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8544 posts

Posted 01 October 2012 - 11:34 PM

Nothing forced my to buy it.

Why I bought it is because it's a zombie apocalypse survival, and a mod to Arma.
  • Hello moto gave their beans

I wear dresses

vEtJC2F.pngdi5j6Gi.pngQtOk1cU.pngGpFlpH4.png3wMA4m6.pngnwnotAK.pngbS50Ahg.png

Please read the announcements before posting.

Pointless, worthless and/or non-constructive topics will be locked.

Ignorance of the rules is not a valid excuse. 

Make use of the report button.

Like, a lot of dresses

#34 terrex

terrex

Bean King

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1063 posts
  • LocationKelowna BC

Posted 01 October 2012 - 11:37 PM

Friend showed it to me.. Played it since.

Highest count = 129 murders + 4 bandit kills - My DayZ and other game videos / Youtube - Lots of videos and uploading regularly.
Posted Image

#35 The Velvet Overkill

The Velvet Overkill

Helicopter Hunter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 72 posts
  • LocationNashville

Posted 01 October 2012 - 11:57 PM

My brother messaged me one day and told me to check out all these vids on Youtube. I'd always been been looking for a zombie apocalypse/survival simulator, so DayZ seemed like a dream to me.

And then I met the hackers...
RoE: Cautious Friendly (will KOS if: no response in Direct, or if fired on)
We are all brothers in arms at the end of the world. | You can either die a hero, or live long enough to see yourself become the villain.
Also play by the names: Rainbow Dash, Joe

#36 dazza121

dazza121

Woodland Warrior

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 44 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 02 October 2012 - 02:10 AM

There was a thread on another gaming forum I frequent, sounded awesome so bought arma2, glad I did got 2 great games for the price of one.

#37 Delta Smoke 01

Delta Smoke 01

Bean King

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1090 posts
  • LocationLancashire UK

Posted 02 October 2012 - 02:16 AM

I was in the beginning stages of making my own survival horror game type on arma 2 free. Some guy joined while we were testing and said "Man, this has nothing on dayz".

#38 a_casual_banana

a_casual_banana

Survivor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 197 posts

Posted 02 October 2012 - 02:20 AM

Rooster Teeth video.
  • Seacher gave their beans

#39 GassyTaco

GassyTaco

On the Coast

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 02 October 2012 - 05:46 AM

This is way back when there was like 2 servers, i was playing a very very bugged zombie game in ArmA 2, i think it was zombie sandox or something like that, and when i played that, well the mod was broken in all servers, no zombies, no hunger and most of the time the game was laggy.
So i went off to youtube looking for a zombie survival video for ArmA 2 and i saw a video that said: The night after the strom, it was like a guy in a bulding with a red flare runing from 6 zombies, he went to the rooftop of that bulding and took out his revolver .45.
After that he checked the ammo and stood there in the dark night while the zombies tried to get to him.
So a guy comes in runing from below and starts yelling:"I will save you! dont worry!" (this video was WAAAAAY before the bandits shit even started). So the guy starts shooting the zombies went to follow the guy shooting, after like 15 seconds you can hear the scream of the guy shooting and the shooting stops...then the guy recording starts runing and jumps off the bulding killing himself.

I asked if this was scripted and the guy said no, that it was a mod called DayZ and he gave me a mediafire link with the Ip of a server, so yeah...

#40 Hetstaine

Hetstaine

Chernarus Marathon Champion

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7484 posts
  • LocationThe Woods

Posted 02 October 2012 - 06:03 AM

Raed about it on another forum and downloaded it that night. Back when the mak was still a spawn weapon,bandits were fairly rare and scriptees had not popped in to ruin the fun. Convinced my mate and partner to get their own copy by the next weekend.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: when, and, where, did, heard, about, dayz, what, forced, buy