caedus_

I'm having connectivity issues shortly after successfully joining a game.

Hello,

As the topic title reads, I seem to be experiencing connectivity issues (i.e. I receive the message "Lost connection with host") at random intervals after successfully joining a server.

Yesterday, I had the same problem. After hours of searching, I managed to discover that my BattlEye client wasn't updating properly so I had to wait in a game lobby for it to update. It updated successfully and I proceeded to play DayZ cheerfully. My current problem is not the same as the one I experienced yesterday. Although the symptoms are the same, I now receive no message warning me my BattlEye was out of date, and instead of my server disconnect telling me that anything is out of date, it simply tells me connection with the host has been lost. This is why I think the two issues aren't connected. Last night after I had fixed my first issues (at this point I was unaware that there was another problem to be dealt with also) I managed to play DayZ for about one and a half hours and I was only disconnected once. When I woke up this morning, I can barely play 10 minutes. Normally I disconnect within the first minute.

I have considered the possibility that it could be my internet. I am staying in university accommodation, and although I have decent download speeds, it occurred to me I might be suffering from small 'time-outs', where either the server or my game would kick me out due to a miniature disruption in the connection. Then I remembered that the ArmA2 engine does not immediately kick clients that disconnect, instead it gives you some time to re-establish connection. If I were to suffer small timeouts, my connectivity sign would start flashing, but it wouldn't freeze my game and kick me from the server everytime (Typically my lost connection timer goes up to 70 seconds before kicking me. I can also play Minecraft and SWTOR without connectivity issues or timing out, as well as being on teamspeak.

I am running the game on a laptop, but I feel this is not a problem as I can easily get 60/70 FPS with very low texture quality. According to DayZ Commander, I am running the latest versions of DayZ and ArmA II

I have searched the internet frantically in hopes of finding a fix. I have had to jump through many hurdles to even get this far into playing DayZ. I refuse to be thwarted now.

If you can offer me any help or insight, I implore you to do so.

Regards,

Caedus

Edited by Caedus

Same problem for 3 weeks now, still no fix

Unlucky, I hope someone can help us out.

Have you tried manually updating BattlEye? To do this:

1. Go to BattlEye
  2. Open up your download directory
  3. Copy the .dll file you downloaded
  4. Paste the .dll file into C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\arma 2\BattlEye and overwrite the one that is in there.
  5. Paste the .dll file into C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\arma 2 operation arrowhead\Expansion\BattlEye and overwrite the one that's in there too.
  6. Load into game, but wait at the lobby until you see " BattlEye Client: Server Computed GUID: * Insert lots of numbers and letters here *
  7. Press Ok and just wait.

• Like 1

Have you tried manually updating BattlEye? To do this:

1. Go to BattlEye
  2. Open up your download directory
  3. Copy the .dll file you downloaded
  4. Paste the .dll file into C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\arma 2\BattlEye and overwrite the one that is in there.
  5. Paste the .dll file into C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\arma 2 operation arrowhead\Expansion\BattlEye and overwrite the one that's in there too.
  6. Load into game, but wait at the lobby until you see " BattlEye Client: Server Computed GUID: * Insert lots of numbers and letters here *
  7. Press Ok and just wait.

I am currently reinstalling ArmA II, however if my problem still persists (which I imagine it will) I will give this a go. Thanks for going through the hassle of reading my post and posting a detailed response anyway. I'll let you know if it works.

No problems dude :) Hope you get it fixed.

I'm thinking its a BE issue because you only started experiencing the problems after you " Updated " to the latest client, correct? Sometimes gets corrupted when it's updating and causes problems. I don't think I've had a successful ingame BE client update for quite some time now.

I had the same symptoms before I updated ingame. It would tell me in chat that it was updating but I never noticed it, so I was timed out and told BE needs updating. Now that I have updated, I time out without given a proper reason.

I think I have the same problem. 5-30 mins after I join a server it will say that player is losing connection and then about a minute later Battle eye will not respond and kick me. Also I noticed that this happenes to a lot of people. Yeterday I saw at least 20-30 people with this problem. I think the problem is with battle eye, because I get disconnected from private hives as well.

Well, shit.

Piemanpm, unfortunately your solution did not work. Even before I reinstalled, I received the Server Computed GUID: *random numbers*.

Now much like before I reinstalled the game, I time out randomly.

I'm really desperate for a solution now..

Well, shit.

Piemanpm, unfortunately your solution did not work. Even before I reinstalled, I received the Server Computed GUID: *random numbers*.

Now much like before I reinstalled the game, I time out randomly.

I'm really desperate for a solution now..

When you are palying does it say something like "Caedus is losing connection" at the bottom left of the screen?

When you are palying does it say something like "Caedus is losing connection" at the bottom left of the screen?

No, it doesn't. Normally I am running around and then an orange(yellow?) lag/chain icon appears on my screen. It then says I haven't been connected for 10 seconds and starts counting up. The lag chain then becomes red.

That's called Desync. Just been googling issues, and the threads I have come across seem to have no solution. Will continue looking for you dude.

• Like 1

That's called Desync. Just been googling issues, and the threads I have come across seem to have no solution. Will continue looking for you dude.

Thanks! I appreciate your effort a lot!

Haven't been able to find anything like this that's after 1.7.1. I'd be guessing it's something to do with your uni internet. Try emailing your administrator and asking them if they can help you. Maybe they made a change in the settings and screwed something up.

• Like 1

Haven't been able to find anything like this that's after 1.7.1. I'd be guessing it's something to do with your uni internet. Try emailing your administrator and asking them if they can help you. Maybe they made a change in the settings and screwed something up.

Slowly I have also come to think that this is the problem. Do you know if its possible to run a DayZ server over lan? So that I can play it, even if I can't play it with others?

Thanks, i'll take a look at it.

That being said, if I were to email my universities tech department, what should I ask them? What do you need to know in order to determine if the problem lies with my router/internet?

I managed to install the server as instructed in your video. For some reason when trying to connect, I get 'Waiting for host' forever. I'm not the only one with this problem, but the video uploader directs people towards the video comments for a solution, and I can't see one when reading through all the comments.

I'm getting the same Desync issue. However, I upgraded to Windows 8 this past Saturday, the 27th. All DayZ files, maps, and ARMA files are up to date. Could play perfectly fine before the upgrade with no desync issues. After installing Windows 8, I'll connect to a server and during the "Loading..." and "Receiving" screens, I'll get the desync chains and be kicked because I've lost connection with the host. :( Found a one time fix with disabling UAC on Dayz Commander, but nothing permanent.

I'm having this same problem. Someone needs to help D: I've reinstalled everything, used playwithsix instead of DayZ commander. I recently contacted Battleye for some help. I've never had problems with DayZ before and did nothing different, and now I can't get on a single server.