248 replies to this topic

#161 Unholy_Kyono

Unholy_Kyono

Survivor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 351 posts

Posted 24 September 2012 - 06:51 PM

So, when will DayZ commander have this up and running? Have followed all the guides shown here yet keep getting "connection failed" error messages.
For those of you posting rage threads.
Fresh spawn? Welcome to the trenches! Here are your complimentary painkillers and a used bandage. Grab a cup of tea from the kettle and then get out there and leave your mark on the world! PauseForGames bitches!

#162 Del

Del

Woodland Warrior

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 48 posts

Posted 24 September 2012 - 10:00 PM

I think they should wait until everything is ironed out before they put it on commander. There is just not enough enterable buildings ( variety ) & loot spawning issues also.

#163 Hetstaine

Hetstaine

Chernarus Marathon Champion

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7484 posts
  • LocationThe Woods

Posted 24 September 2012 - 10:22 PM

Map is terrible.

vehicles with mounted weapons all over the place, serious lack of lootable buildings and poor setting that doesn't match DayZ at all. Vilayer failed again in porting DayZ.

Everyone's thinking it would be epic with a urban map but the truth is the map doesn't fit dayZ at all and has some serious drawbacks. Only good thing about it is the performance was much better then expected.

I wish Vilayer got their head straight and actually worked on porting maps to DayZ that fit the setting and are balanced and not Arma 2 with zombies as a side dish. If i want to ride a HMMWV with a machinegun on top of it i go to play regular arma, not dayZ. Stop the madness. Bring back survival.

Holy fuck..i actually agree with you for once. This map is about as far away from the Dayz concept as you can get..or is there an Artic map coming as well ?
  • Goldeen gave their beans

#164 Goldeen

Goldeen

Survivor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 337 posts

Posted 24 September 2012 - 10:31 PM

Holy fuck..i actually agree with you for once. This map is about as far away from the Dayz concept as you can get..or is there an Artic map coming as well ?

Yeah.. There is a map with swiss mountains and nothing else. Sounds right up Vilayers alley.
Current Gear: L85, Coyote, NVG, Rangefinder, All toolbelt items, 1911, all medical and food items.
Goal: Secure a vehicle

#165 Fonzie

Fonzie

Survivor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 413 posts
  • LocationFinland

Posted 24 September 2012 - 10:39 PM

The only interesting thing in Fallujah is the airfield along with its 30 or so BARRACKS. The town is too big to see anyone, even on a 40 player server. There's a long delay in zeds and loot spawning too.

#166 TheSzerdi

TheSzerdi

Survivor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 172 posts
  • LocationDetroit, MI

Posted 25 September 2012 - 12:29 AM

These guys ban for pvp: 69.162.105.74:2342

Go kill 'em. ^_^

"Click, Click, PWN!"
b_560_95_1.png
http://quixoticfolly.com

#167 THX1138

THX1138

Scavenger

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts
  • LocationEngland

Posted 25 September 2012 - 12:53 AM

http://www.vilayer.c...ayZFallujah.rar
http://www.filehosti...ta_fallujah.rar

Download the first file... put it in your ArmA2 AO directory. (the same place you see the other @dayZ folders)
Then download the second file. Put it in same folder as the other..(in the folder with your @DayZ folders) launch with that file.

Be sure when you extract the @DayZFallujah folder....that it does not duplicate itself. (be sure when you open it..it only has an addons folder in it.
If it has another folder in it called @DayZFallujah... you did it wrong.

This sorted it for me having the 2nd launch file, had only seen fixes for steam users this far, thankyou!
Admin of UK SurviveDayZ Servers: http://survivedayz.com

#168 Del

Del

Woodland Warrior

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 48 posts

Posted 25 September 2012 - 01:31 AM

The only interesting thing in Fallujah is the airfield along with its 30 or so BARRACKS. The town is too big to see anyone, even on a 40 player server. There's a long delay in zeds and loot spawning too.

I ahve yet to find the airfield, i actually got lost going to FOB in the far north :( which was disappointing when i got there

#169 Legacy

Legacy

Duck

• DayZ Forum Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2840 posts

Posted 25 September 2012 - 01:55 AM

An interesting experience on a new map. I've never felt like the first time I've played again, so confused and lost not knowing what to do or where to go... I love every bit of it.
  • Oldboy gave their beans

#170 Wind King

Wind King

On the Coast

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 25 September 2012 - 03:41 AM

I did everything down to the letter. But when I played on a server I was it with the Wrong Dayz_code im running 1.7.2.6 and the server is 1.0 Asked all my clan members they have no clue. Any help guys?

#171 Zombie Jesus

Zombie Jesus

Undead Savior

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1272 posts
  • LocationChilling with my Daughter in Cali

Posted 25 September 2012 - 03:57 AM

Turn up your gamma in debug plains and you got yourself an artic wasteland.

#172 Girfus

Girfus

On the Coast

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 25 September 2012 - 05:51 AM

Are the Vilayer servers offline? We got massive desync in one server and now we're stuck on "wait for host" at every Vilayer server. DayZ Commander reports good latency and player count, but the in-game browser shows something completely different. We had just found two trucks and were nearing completion of our chinook. ;_;

#173 SpellDog

SpellDog

On the Coast

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 25 September 2012 - 06:05 AM

NEED HELP! Me and my buddy downloaded @DayZFallujah folder, dropped it under Arma2, but everytime we attempt to go into a server, we get: "cannot play/delete missions...". Are we doing something wrong?

#174 TheSzerdi

TheSzerdi

Survivor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 172 posts
  • LocationDetroit, MI

Posted 25 September 2012 - 06:05 AM

Are the Vilayer servers offline? We got massive desync in one server and now we're stuck on "wait for host" at every Vilayer server. DayZ Commander reports good latency and player count, but the in-game browser shows something completely different. We had just found two trucks and were nearing completion of our chinook. ;_;

Three of us on TS are having same problem.

"Click, Click, PWN!"
b_560_95_1.png
http://quixoticfolly.com

#175 Del

Del

Woodland Warrior

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 48 posts

Posted 25 September 2012 - 06:18 AM

Should go into the Arma 2 OA folder.
Then start up the game and enable the expansion.

That was a reply for spell dog.

Also it seems Arma 2 itself was updated to a newer version, 97239, so alot of servers might not have it which could cause some issues i believe

edit: Yea now i am getting the wait for host on the fallujah vilayer servers. Probably updating or whatever

Edited by Del, 25 September 2012 - 06:27 AM.

#176 Oldboy

Oldboy

On the Coast

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 25 September 2012 - 08:49 AM

Lovin Fallujah. Had alot firefights already. Car accident. Watching helos crash. So many vehicles, it's really got me amped to play again.

#177 WalkerDown

WalkerDown

Bean King

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1086 posts

Posted 25 September 2012 - 09:05 AM

Nice map, but there's a VERY big problem on all Vilayer servers: there's tons of cheaters, and the sad part is that many of them are the server admins (two were literally teleporting, and when i asked them.. they said: im the admin so i can do it). Playing on their servers actually is pretty like doing PvP until a cheater will kill ya with an AS50 TWS and a solder clothing (it seems the soldier clothing is now the new official cheater vest). I think i'll wait for a single server hive, the number of cheaters there is lower due to the fact that they cannot server hopping and if they get banned they stay banned.

#178 TheRunningBean

TheRunningBean

On the Coast

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 25 September 2012 - 04:28 PM

I really enjoyed playing this map. I only played on the airfield, but I absolutely loved it; went around killing players together with a friend of mine. Maybe a bit too much nice gear, but we had a blast.
Also, what is wrong with a snow map? I've had this idea in my head for a while: a valley in Tibet (Himalaya), with a dam, and a really big survivors camp with military security and such (ofcourse it was overrun in my background story). What'd be wrong with that. Ofcourse, it'd still be about scavenging and such, which would be as hard as in Chernarus.

#179 Timboski

Timboski

I Photoshop Rocket's head onto random people's heads

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 557 posts
  • LocationScotland

Posted 25 September 2012 - 06:17 PM

When I eventually got logged into a server it was full of hackers/skiddies and wankers talking/singing/playing rubbish music on global side chat.

Posted Image

www.ChernoChumZ.com

Come for the beanz, stay for the banter...

#180 BliND123

BliND123

On the Coast

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 25 September 2012 - 09:17 PM

Been looking for a map of Fallujah and couldn't find anything (well, I couldn't find anything big enough to use), so I just put together a bunch of screenshots I took of the map and made one about 2500x2500 pixels. Here you go, enjoy: http://i.imgur.com/2...TJII.jpg Might do a bigger one later.

Edit: Looks like Imgur made it a bit smaller and lowered the quality, here is an ImageShack version: http://imageshack.us...yzfallujah.jpg/

Edited by BliND123, 25 September 2012 - 10:52 PM.

• spasm and Gruso gave their beans

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Fallujah