Sign in to follow this  
deanoroo

BattlEye failed to Initiate

Hey Guys, I recently downloaded DayZ but everytime I try to join a server I get an error saying 'Battleye failed to Initiate' I tried re-installing Battleye onto my Arma 2 Combined operations but it didnt work, Please help! Thanks!

had teh same problem reinstalled the whole game and i dont have taht error anymore, try to reinstall it.

Have you tried manually updating BattlEye? To do this:

1. Go to BattlEye
  2. Open up your download directory
  3. Copy the .dll file you downloaded
  4. Paste the .dll file into C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\arma 2\BattlEye and overwrite the one that is in there.
  5. Paste the .dll file into C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\arma 2 operation arrowhead\Expansion\BattlEye and overwrite the one that's in there too.
  6. Load into game, but wait at the lobby until you see " BattlEye Client: Server Computed GUID: * Insert lots of numbers and letters here * " In the bottom left hand corner
  7. Press Ok and just wait.

Hi Guys. Simple really... If you using DayZ Commander, open a server and wait for the first page to open where it lists all the players names. At the bottom left side of the page it will say Battleye initialising (I think)... It will check to see if you have the latest software and if you don't it will download. Give it a few moments and it will tell you when it's done. Then you can join the server by pressing "OK" and bobs your uncle... Enjoy... :thumbsup:

Edited by KingAir200