#2321 DemonGroover

DemonGroover

Bean King

• DayZ Forum Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5737 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 15 October 2012 - 10:40 PM

It is almost too hard to stay away - i want to know what it is going to be like.

As for the German kid - can someone please translate? I would love to know exactly what he is playing - is it WOW?

Posted Image

#2322 ApplejackDaniels

ApplejackDaniels

Apple to the core

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3027 posts
  • LocationAustria

Posted 15 October 2012 - 10:49 PM

As for the German kid - can someone please translate? I would love to know exactly what he is playing - is it WOW?

The kid in the video was acting an over-excited gamer. At his young age, combined with the internet popularity, he gained quite some fame from it. However he suffered at school, getting bullied for his performance.
And the game he is trying to play in this video is "Unreal Tournament". Like he says: "Ich will Unreal Tournament spielen!!" - "I want to play Unreal Tournament!!".
  • DemonGroover gave their beans

#2323 keithphan

keithphan

Scavenger

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts

Posted 15 October 2012 - 10:49 PM

Sergey fled the country :P
  • jblackrupert and Shad0w_St3p gave their beans

#2324 tickle_me_jesus

tickle_me_jesus

Survivor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 307 posts
  • LocationNetherlands

Posted 15 October 2012 - 11:05 PM

I just hope everyone playing the War Z will be coming here to tell us how awesome it is...Can't wait.

#2325 Griff

Griff

Kick it in the guts, Trev

• Forum Administrator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1916 posts

Posted 15 October 2012 - 11:13 PM

I just hope everyone playing the War Z will be coming here to tell us how awesome it is...Can't wait.

They are more than welcome to...I don't think their opinions would be allowed on WarZ forums.
  • bad_mojo, gafa, SausageKingofChicago and 1 other gave their beans

#2326 Michaelvoodoo25

Michaelvoodoo25

Turdy Waffle

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4899 posts
  • LocationLe Moon

Posted 15 October 2012 - 11:13 PM

Where's the game sergy, u lying bastard? You have taken people's money and then told them we are prepared for most issues and then no game? 2 years, lots of excuses. What's this one, suppose its a download provider? Or did they just refuse to release shite in their name.
Posted Image

#2327 tickle_me_jesus

tickle_me_jesus

Survivor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 307 posts
  • LocationNetherlands

Posted 15 October 2012 - 11:19 PM

They are more than welcome to...I don't think their opinions would be allowed on WarZ forums.

> made me giggle

Edited by tickle_me_jesus, 15 October 2012 - 11:19 PM.

#2328 wafflechampion

wafflechampion

Survivor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 245 posts
  • Locationphiladelphia

Posted 15 October 2012 - 11:25 PM

I'm so excited to see this game or hear about lol :P
  • tickle_me_jesus and jblackrupert gave their beans

#2329 RussianKaliber

RussianKaliber

WarZ Developer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 140 posts

Posted 15 October 2012 - 11:31 PM

Its live

who is lying ?

#2330 wafflechampion

wafflechampion

Survivor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 245 posts
  • Locationphiladelphia

Posted 15 October 2012 - 11:33 PM

Its live

who is lying ?

About what?Is that all you could think of to start something cause that was weak maybe my 14 year old brother should teach you...

#2331 Michaelvoodoo25

Michaelvoodoo25

Turdy Waffle

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4899 posts
  • LocationLe Moon

Posted 15 October 2012 - 11:37 PM

Anyone live streaming this when they get it sorted?
Posted Image

#2332 RussianKaliber

RussianKaliber

WarZ Developer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 140 posts

Posted 15 October 2012 - 11:39 PM

About what?Is that all you could think of to start something cause that was weak maybe my 14 year old brother should teach you...

About a poster above you, who said

Where's the game sergy, u lying bastard? You have taken people's money and then told them we are prepared for most issues and then no game?

to which i answered

"our game is live, who is lying?"

#2333 Shad0w_St3p

Shad0w_St3p

Survivor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 350 posts

Posted 15 October 2012 - 11:39 PM

Already almost noon on the 16th here in australia, and I dont feel sorry for the australian warz fans one bit >:D
  • Hetstaine gave their beans

If War Z does video blogs, it would just be Sergey saying "Game is success and we make lot money" while pointing at statistic charts. ~WalkerZ (WarZ Forums)

#2334 Shad0w_St3p

Shad0w_St3p

Survivor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 350 posts

Posted 15 October 2012 - 11:42 PM

ahahah people are complaining that everyone spawns in the SAME spot in a map :P
  • jblackrupert, SausageKingofChicago and wafflechampion gave their beans

If War Z does video blogs, it would just be Sergey saying "Game is success and we make lot money" while pointing at statistic charts. ~WalkerZ (WarZ Forums)

#2335 poisonman

poisonman

Survivor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 169 posts

Posted 15 October 2012 - 11:43 PM

Anyone live streaming this when they get it sorted?

you won't see anyone live streaming WarZ officially or legally till November 5th, it is under NDA at the moment.

#2336 wafflechampion

wafflechampion

Survivor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 245 posts
  • Locationphiladelphia

Posted 15 October 2012 - 11:44 PM

ahahah people are complaining that everyone spawns in the SAME spot in a map :P

Awesome flashlight bashing at the start i bet lol

#2337 rocket

rocket

Bean King

• DayZ Staff
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2003 posts

Posted 15 October 2012 - 11:50 PM

Enough

Enough with the personal attacks. While I appreciate the sentiments, it is really something we don't want to be associated with nor condone as both a community here or as individuals.

A favorite phrase of mine is "live by the sword, die by the sword". A long time ago, and I don't have the time to hunt it out, but I replied in the forums about someone saying that if I didn't change the basic focus of the mod to be more *ahem* accessible and *ahem* professional, then the mod would die. I said then as I do now, we've chosen our path and we're going to stick with it. That path is trying to make a great game. Trying is the operative word there, because it is hard and unrewarding work. Again, I say that maybe my approach here is naive, maybe we're beaten to the punch and we loose out on riches and fame and blaa blaa. If that is the case, then so be it.

To anyone who want's to do what I do, and challenge me in the things I do, I say "good luck" without a single note of sarcasm. I say that because everything I've ever done, like most other people in the "real" world, has come through hard work, long hours, determination, and a great deal of personal sacrifice. Nobody gave me anything and I was never in the position where I could lie or cheat my way through. I don't think you can "fake" or "cheat" your way into a quality game. It doesn't just happen, it requires deep, deep commitment. So what I am saying is that anyone who might be trying to replicate what I am doing, I believe will have to endure the same if not more as what I do. And it doesn't matter what kind of early lead, or cheat, or false words, promises, etc... that are made - once all is said and done you simply can't beat someone who does not give up. For me being a soldier was fucking simple: keep trying until you die or you win. I was terrible at many things, uncoordinated, terrible shot. But I like to think I earned the respect of my peers by always getting up and trying again. Always. I never gave up once, not once. If you're wasting your breath spending time shouting at your opponent that shows your own fears and insecurities and is time + effort wasted that you could have spent winning.

Now is not the time to compromise on the core values, and I'll be damned if I will stand by and watch anyone's personal character be torn apart on the forums here without the opportunity of rebuttal. What I think of the War Z is best said precisely based on what I have said about it. I have largely said nothing. I don't have the luxury of having personal opinions on this subject. I have a job to do, and I think an important part of this project is sticking to the principles it was born to.

I'm going to lock the thread here, hopefully my words sink in a bit. Spirited debate is important, and I believe being a smart consumer is very important to the success of our industry, we don't get there through undefended personal attacks. I'll unlock the thread later. When that happens, do not make personal attacks about anyone.

If you want to say something about a person's character, then you really better directly provide evidence to backing that up. And really, if you have nothing nice to say about someone - then just say nothing.

EDIT: unlocked, mod's will be keeping a close eye
  • Matt Lightfoot, sunnz, Sla and 22 others gave their beans
>rocket in charge of not being retarded

#2338 Hetstaine

Hetstaine

Chernarus Marathon Champion

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6767 posts
  • LocationThe Woods

Posted 16 October 2012 - 12:46 AM

Reported : For having balls.

#2339 sunnz

sunnz

Survivor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 289 posts

Posted 16 October 2012 - 12:47 AM

Very well said rocket, how vile peoples comments become over these two games is just disgusting.

Anyway, whether people like it or not, warz is pretty huge and popular, many people are buying it/downloading it. Connection problems are going to appear, plus what you are playing is the alpha version, use your brain. It will take probably like a week max to sort out connection problems and all that, which is why i am waiting for the beta. If you buy the alpha and complain about connection issues, gameplay issues or lag then I really do feel sorry for you.

#2340 Zul

Zul

Survivor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 110 posts
  • LocationNY

Posted 16 October 2012 - 12:47 AM

<3 Rocket no homo
DONT TRUST NO ONE...

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: WarZ, Warz dead