4477 replies to this topic

#1 Genki Dama

Genki Dama

Survivor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 299 posts

Posted 21 July 2012 - 10:19 PM

So I was reading the article about "The War Z" and decided to look at the user submitted comments, it didn't even surprise me when I seen comments such as

"Personally, I'd say that although Day Z has done most of the groundwork, and is an awesome game in itself, War Z will probably surpass it for a few reasons, with the main one being the ARMA II engine itself - the "little" quirks found within are always going to be a limiting factor for Day Z. Maybe a game taking the Day Z concept, but built from the ground up FOR that concept, which War Z seems to be, will be better. Who knows? Nobody, until we're able to play it."

And

"I might catch some heat for this but I welcome this game. I've spent some time in Day Z and as cool as it could be, it really needs some polish. The ui is horrible and (I can't believe I'm saying this) the game is TOO unforgiving. I'm all for challenge and feeling desperate, but dying 10,000 times isn't fun. I welcome a game that takes a lot of notes from Day Z but adds more polish and a little more forgiving gameplay."

All comments that followed these lines got major thumbs down. I guess the DayZ elitists dont like the sound of a game that was in development before DayZ and will actually be polished. Oh btw DayZ elitist are gonna hate this... :emptycan: <--- See that empty tin? That's the amount of fucks I will give for your hate B)

Edited by LVG, 24 November 2012 - 05:32 PM.

• BaitedHook, perestain, Orthus and 23 others gave their beans
Posted Image

#2 RayPugh

RayPugh

Survivor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 377 posts
  • LocationWales UK

Posted 21 July 2012 - 10:21 PM

bye then
  • Born to be Wild (PL) and Kal Skirata gave their beans
Posted Image

#3 Aras

Aras

Bean King

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 524 posts
  • LocationEmo capital of the world.

Posted 21 July 2012 - 10:22 PM

You misspelled serious
  • spiry3 and OfficerRaymond gave their beans

#4 Quagmire

Quagmire

Survivor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 144 posts
  • LocationScotland

Posted 21 July 2012 - 10:23 PM

I didn't even come here to read the content, I came here to call you a moron.

People who use "LOL" in their subject header should be shot on sight.
  • Dallas, DooM4MR, kekelpekel and 19 others gave their beans

#5 Worrun

Worrun

Survivor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 440 posts
  • LocationUk

Posted 21 July 2012 - 10:27 PM

Quagmire is American, not Scottish.
  • Spartan_ZA and spiry3 gave their beans

I make zombie-game YouTube videos :) www.youtube.com/Worrun <- 10,000 Subscribers, 2.5 million views currently

http://forums.dayzga...our-flashlight/ <- Flashlight function and usage guide

#6 Genki Dama

Genki Dama

Survivor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 299 posts

Posted 21 July 2012 - 10:27 PM

bye then

Why? Are you going?
  • AU23_Admin and spiry3 gave their beans
Posted Image

#7 Genki Dama

Genki Dama

Survivor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 299 posts

Posted 21 July 2012 - 10:28 PM

Sorry this isn't DayZ PVP, this is only the forum
  • perestain and Husky-- gave their beans
Posted Image

#8 Fenrig

Fenrig

Friendly Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 523 posts
  • LocationBrasil

Posted 21 July 2012 - 10:28 PM

By your tone it seems you're the one raging and hating around here.
War Z right now is just a concept and a bunch of screenshots/artwork, deal with it.

Unless you download one of the pictures and open it in Paint, then you can play around with them if you want.
Otherwise, just leave the rest of the people alone even if they don't share your opinion, you can play whatever you want, and they can do the same, no need to create threads like this to spread hate around.
  • Dr Wasteland MD, Isnogood, DooM4MR and 9 others gave their beans

Current gear

L85A2 AWS x M107 x M9SD x GPS x Coyote Backpack x NVG x Rangefinder

Waiting for someone to fix the tents...

#9 Inception.

Inception.

Burner of Salad

• DayZ Forum Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8285 posts
  • LocationKangaroos and stuff

Posted 21 July 2012 - 10:29 PM

Cool.
--
Pointless, worthless and/or non-constructive topics will be locked.
Ignorance of the rules is not a valid excuse. 
Make use of the report button.

#10 Quagmire

Quagmire

Survivor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 144 posts
  • LocationScotland

Quagmire is American, not Scottish.

Don't be a muppet. Why would I want to hide my nationality.. then again if I was American I probably would want to. But your statement remains invalid, I'm Scottish.
  • nicefish, Seanosilas, Yorkshire_UK and 4 others gave their beans

#11 evkol001

evkol001

Survivor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 103 posts
  • LocationStockholm

So I was reading the article about "The War Z" and decided to look at the user submitted comments, it didn't even surprise me when I seen comments such as

"Personally, I'd say that although Day Z has done most of the groundwork, and is an awesome game in itself, War Z will probably surpass it for a few reasons, with the main one being the ARMA II engine itself - the "little" quirks found within are always going to be a limiting factor for Day Z. Maybe a game taking the Day Z concept, but built from the ground up FOR that concept, which War Z seems to be, will be better. Who knows? Nobody, until we're able to play it."

And

"I might catch some heat for this but I welcome this game. I've spent some time in Day Z and as cool as it could be, it really needs some polish. The ui is horrible and (I can't believe I'm saying this) the game is TOO unforgiving. I'm all for challenge and feeling desperate, but dying 10,000 times isn't fun. I welcome a game that takes a lot of notes from Day Z but adds more polish and a little more forgiving gameplay."

All comments that followed these lines got major thumbs down. I guess the DayZ elitists dont like the sound of a game that was in development before DayZ and will actually be polished. Oh btw DayZ elitist are gonna hate this... :emptycan: <--- See that empty tin? That's the amount of fucks I will give for your hate B)

Dude you are just one more attention Whore
  • RaviN, DooM4MR, kekelpekel and 7 others gave their beans

#12 Robert_merello

Robert_merello

Woodland Warrior

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 32 posts

Posted 21 July 2012 - 10:30 PM

And

Too many on dayz that plays the mod 24/7 & then pretends to be someone that they are not on the forums, hopefully less of them will go to WarZ & more sane humans will play WarZ

#13 Merrick

Merrick

Scavenger

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts

Posted 21 July 2012 - 10:31 PM

Haha i love the attitude. I hunt Fanboyz for breakfast.

#14 Genki Dama

Genki Dama

Survivor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 299 posts

Posted 21 July 2012 - 10:32 PM

By your tone it seems you're the one raging and hating around here.
War Z right now is just a concept and a bunch of screenshots/artwork, deal with it.

Unless you download one of the pictures and open it in Paint, then you can play around with them if you want.
Otherwise, just leave the rest of the people alone even if they don't share your opinion, you can play whatever you want, and they can do the same, no need to create threads like this to spread hate around.

Yea I rage at the forum elitists who think they are gods ahead of the average forum user. On other threads I'm completely different, just liking get jabs on the DayZ elitists that is all :)
  • PhilB gave their beans
Posted Image

#15 RayPugh

RayPugh

Survivor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 377 posts
  • LocationWales UK

Posted 21 July 2012 - 10:32 PM

Why? Are you going?

with any luck, you are...
  • DooM4MR, Josh225, Quagmire and 3 others gave their beans
Posted Image

#16 Genki Dama

Genki Dama

Survivor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 299 posts

Posted 21 July 2012 - 10:34 PM

Too many on dayz that plays the mod 24/7 & then pretends to be someone that they are not on the forums, hopefully less of them will go to WarZ & more sane humans will play WarZ

Actually most of the people who play DayZ kill people for the purpose of killing :/ that is what you call insane in real lige ;) but on a side note, I think The war z will be good, but nowhere did I say that I hated DayZ and will stop playing it once The war z comes out. TBH will probably play both.
Posted Image

#17 jdblair5

jdblair5

Survivor

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 447 posts

Posted 21 July 2012 - 10:35 PM

Don't be a muppet. Why would I want to hide my nationality.. then again if I was American I probably would want to. But your statement remains invalid, I'm Scottish.

Really? Why is that? Got some problem with Americans?

#18 Psychobob

Psychobob

Survivor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 282 posts

Posted 21 July 2012 - 10:35 PM

I doubt WarZ will be as fun as DayZ because DayZ has a feel to it that will be incredible hard to replicate, that feel is why so many people play it. WarZ is just taking the DayZ theme and putting a more common spin on the gameplay, controls, UI and such, which is why it will appeal to a lot of people, but I'm sure they will be missing out on the DayZ feeling.

I think WarZ will be better than DayZ until DayZ is fully completed. The final product of DayZ is going to be incredibly epic, you can tell this is probably true because of how epic the current game is even with all of the downfalls it has. DayZ is currently the best zombie survival game I've ever played or known about.

Edited by Psychobob, 21 July 2012 - 10:37 PM.

• KingOchaos, Alsmir, Louis. and 2 others gave their beans

#19 Orthus

Orthus

Bean King

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 940 posts
  • LocationFlint, MI

Posted 21 July 2012 - 10:36 PM

I don't really understand why warz is getting all the hate it is. I mean competition is good and the better game while shine above the others so no need to take sides without both having a final product.
  • Recaldy, SmokeytheBear, AU23_Admin and 2 others gave their beans
IGN: (SS) zach
Group Role: Medic/Overwatch/Rifleman
Orientation: Friendly/Self Defense

I will LOVE and TOLERATE the shit out of you.

#20 Genki Dama

Genki Dama

Survivor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 299 posts

Posted 21 July 2012 - 10:36 PM

with any luck, you are...

Awww, that's unfortunate, it really is, because I'm not, nowhere in my OP did I say I was going to stop playing. DayZ is still awesome, just hate the DayZ fanboyism, I think it may actually be worse that the CoD and Battlefield 3 thing.
  • gravatrax and PhilB gave their beans
Posted Image

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: WarZ, Warz dead