badblinco

Throwable noise making zombie distractor aka "a stone"

why cant we have an option under the "f" key to go to "thow distraction" a stone/pebble/twig that is near by and makes a slight noise [enough to alert a near zombie so it walks in that direction] wouldn't hurt on impact and could be used to move zombies slightly away from you or... towards a building/bush you know some guy is hiding in!

what the hell u think jack daniel's bottles n tin cans are for ? throwing at players !?

I've experimented with empty cans throwing at zombies but they don't seem to react to them at all. One of my friends says he was stuck on a roof with aggroed zombies below him and he tossed a few cans and a few peeled off but I haven't been able to duplicate this myself.

Cans, JD bottles, flares, and smoke grenades can all be used as a distraction device. You want stones too?

Oy vey.

(Edit: Forgot about campfires too.)

I know smoke grenades work for sure lol. I guess I'll have to get a pile and just lob them all at zombies and see what happens. I've picked up the occasional empty can and thrown it at a field of zombies and seen nothing happen yet.

I know smoke grenades work for sure lol. I guess I'll have to get a pile and just lob them all at zombies and see what happens. I've picked up the occasional empty can and thrown it at a field of zombies and seen nothing happen yet.

I've had this happen before as well. Maybe instead of suggesting a new item, you might suggest fixing the current options?

Personally, I just use smoke grenades. Those work just fine for me.

Err I wasn't suggesting any new items, I was just talking about how I can't seem to get them to work for me and wondered if anyone else was having the same issue or or knew what I was doing wrong.

It might be an issue with the coding of the throw/distraction.

I have thrown smoke grenades at/over distance zombies and have them completely ignore it.

I believe there is a couple 'markers' that get zombies attention.

This is using smoke grenades I notice.

1. The Throw.

I believe this is what causes zombies to run toward the player first then the smoke grenade is thrown. The person throwing is marked or the grenade makes some sorta marker the moment it's thrown that that zombies start running toward before changing to the new grenade 'mark'.

2. Bounces (down hill usually/along fields)

When a grenade bounces past zombies I find it gets the attention of zombies at around medium range to notice my grenade rather then just chucking it over their heads... They tend to ignore it if it just flies over really quickly.

I believe there is more factors but it's usually at extreme range/cases so I haven't bothered testing.

Other objects share some of these markers but it seems more subtle...

Flares/chems I find have zombies slowly wander toward them and that's about it.

I've only tried a few tins and cans and have personally seen no effect what so ever.

It may be an issue of what surface I throw the can on and if the zombie is close enough to even hear it....

I imagine it to be quite difficult and useless item to have around for distracting zombies.

Not really worth it.

Would really like to see zombies chase rabbits though...

They are fast and I imagine the sight to be quite funny if not unsuspected when a rabbit is near you.

Not to mention the zombies you'll deal with because of it.

Heck, I never even bothered to pick up junk loot, so I had no idea you could chuck it. I just always used flares, since they're plentiful. I guess one good thing came out of this thread (for me at least)

YOU CAN THROW CANS?

I usually have a couple smoke grenades with me if I am raiding Starry or something so I can divert 50% of the zeds. Those things are like zombie candy.