zak757

An-2 Colt (Large Biplane)

ALL OF MY LOVE

You can be my co-pilot :D

Multiple 5 star votes, that has to count for something.

• Like 1

bump, this should replace the Huey in the rarity scale.

Huey can destroy in blitzkrieg tactics, and that alone makes it "overpowerful" so it should be rarer. An2 should be the more common of the air vehicles

• Like 1

there is a huge problem with aircraft in arma 2 - they are not as detailed as helicopters, they don't have separate engine hit point, turbines\propellers\rotors\etc., they only have Hull. And this is the problem - you don't need to repair it, it will always be usable right away (with fuel).

• Like 1

there is a huge problem with aircraft in arma 2 - they are not as detailed as helicopters' date=' they don't have separate engine hit point, turbines\propellers\rotors\etc., they only have Hull. And this is the problem - you don't need to repair it, it will always be usable right away (with fuel).

[/quote']

I just tested this theroy out on the Editor, he is right.

I'm sure there would be a way to mod it so it did have a engine or something.

• Like 1

use the huey mechanics on the plane?

• Like 1

Oh and I love An-2, I even was inside working one once as a kid (noise scared the shit out of me and I asked my dad to stay on the ground)

• Like 1

there is a huge problem with aircraft in arma 2 - they are not as detailed as helicopters' date=' they don't have separate engine hit point, turbines\propellers\rotors\etc., they only have Hull. And this is the problem - you don't need to repair it, it will always be usable right away (with fuel).

[/quote']

Can they not mod in these features?

Even without multiple hit locations, repairing can still be done with various parts, right?

• Like 1

On the Su25 note, 80 missiles COULD flatten Cherno, but you could also disable/lower the ammunition of a vehicle. Still, would rather have an An-2 Colt by FAR.

Just seeing a plane landing on NE airstrip with a bunch of buds seems like a blast.

• Like 1

I summon thee, forgotten from first page thread, for your awesomeness to shine once again!

• Like 1

On the Su25 note' date=' 80 missiles COULD flatten Cherno, but you could also disable/lower the ammunition of a vehicle. Still, would rather have an An-2 Colt by FAR.

Just seeing a plane landing on NE airstrip with a bunch of buds seems like a blast.

[/quote']

It's pointless, it only has room for 1 person.

If you wanted to fly around, just use the editor ;)

It has to be the an2

• Like 1

Bump, I wanted to make a post about it a long time ago, but never got around to it.

• Like 1

It fits the atmosphere of the game for me... If only we had a pontoon plane that could land on water but one can only dream

• Like 1

It fits the atmosphere of the game for me... If only we had a pontoon plane that could land on water but one can only dream

The An-2 does have a pontoon version, but ARMA II didn't add it in. Maybe they could model on some pontoons, give it An-2 physics in the air and PBX physics in the water?

Do you guys want this to be rarer or more common the the Huey? It is slightly faster, harder to land, carries more passengers, and a little more fragile. Servers have a minimum of 1 Huey and a max of 3 Hueys.

One thing I noticed while flying it in the Armory was that it only seems to have 3 throttle settings, idle/medium/full, and the medium is really hard to get on my joysticks throttle.

YES!

But there should be assured that everyone could jump out of plane with parachute. Team airdrops to dangerous locations will be hilarious!