Rastamaus

Cannibalism

Awful I know, but let's be frank, there are folks out there, maybe you if you were hungry enough that would butcher, cook and eat other survivors.

It would of course send your humanity plummeting to new depths maybe irretrievably but wouldn't it add some extra horror?

Perhaps adding a freshness factor could spice things up a bit, new kill no problem, if the corpse has been lying around in the sun for a few hours food poisoning, and if the corpse was killed by zombies you get the infection and you die, might make even the sickest members of our community think twice before roasting up a bit of human.

dear moderator - sry for double post. not sure what happened. can you delete one or merge them please? Merged (Fraggle)

Edited by Fraggle
  • Like 14

Awful I know, but let's be frank, there are folks out there, maybe you if you were hungry enough that would butcher, cook and eat other survivors.

It would of course send your humanity plummeting to new depths maybe irretrievably but wouldn't it add some extra horror?

Perhaps adding a freshness factor could spice things up a bit, new kill no problem, if the corpse has been lying around in the sun for a few hours food poisoning, and if the corpse was killed by zombies you get the infection and you die, might make even the sickest members of our community think twice before roasting up a bit of human.

Edited by Guetapens
  • Like 8

Would be sweet.

that way we would end up having 3 different factions going. (Survivors,Bandits and Canibals).

Don't think i would think twice if i were in the situation where i haven't eaten for weeks, I would go for the tender white meat for sure :)

Although I think this faction possibility would make for alot more wanton killing, I think on some scale it could be added. The only issue is that heroic types (striving for humanity) would be severely outnumbered by not only zeds, but bandits and NOW cannibals. How about some folks who are more helpful? Maybe a faction that specializes in medicine and health related things, like the CDC. They could have custom gear and be helpful to those in need and also have the know how to combat zombies in unique ways...

well, there are lots of guys doing just that like the Trusted Medics, the more challenging it is to be a good 'humanitarian' the more rewarding it should become, there needs to be a way to truly reward humanity though in my opinion, maybe the better you are the more likely you are to find decent loot and the badder you are it's makarovs and whisky bottles everywhere, but you'll murder for good gear so who cares =), could humanity affect spawn quality? like a karma algorithm.

Edited by Guetapens

or perhaps zombies could react differently depending on your humanity, maybe fewer will spawn if you are a hero, or cannibals attract higher aggression?

If this were added, i'm pretty sure this game will not be coming out in Australia or Germany.

• Like 1

Me and my friend were talking about this the other night. I feel like the consuming of human meat should come with side effects though. Dependance on human meat the more of it you consume? Obiously humanity drops, but there should be a gameplay side effect as well.

Laughing sickness or kuru is a kind of brain disorder associated with eating manflesh - according to the wonderful world of google - a serious and fatal brain disease similar to mad cow disease, be funny to see that in game =)

Edited by Guetapens
  • Like 1

Laughing sickness or kuru is a kind of brain disorder associated with eating manflesh - according to the wonderful world of google - a serious and fatal brain disease similar to mad cow disease, be funny to see that in game =)

There should be an audio cue to how sick or crazy you are becoming. Instead of panting you hear mumbling and talking, then eventually without much warning you will lose control of your character and he will run wildly aggroing all of the zombies you are atempting to sneak around. ;)

• Like 1

this is a great idea, I like the idea about only being able to eat someone when you hungry lol

VERY GOOD idea. Thaught about this too, and I really think it should be added in the game.

I think everyone has thought of this while playing. Glad to see someone made a post! This has my support!

Edited by SpiritOf2077

It's been suggested before. It just doesn't jive well. It's like adding rape to the game. Can you imagine the headlines?

"Millions swarm to new computer game that promotes rape and cannibalism"

It doesn't set DayZ up to get a good rep, and that's why it can't be added. There's just some places that video games can't go, and this is one of them.

It's been suggested before. It just doesn't jive well. It's like adding rape to the game. Can you imagine the headlines?

"Millions swarm to new computer game that promotes rape and cannibalism"

It doesn't set DayZ up to get a good rep, and that's why it can't be added. There's just some places that video games can't go, and this is one of them.

C'mon Reggie me old fruit, use your brains eh? (or did the zombies eat em all) - this is nothing like adding rape to a game - (it's ok to run over nuns with cars and beat prostitutes to death with your bear fists like in Grand Theft Auto though right?).

In a fictional world, like that depicted in DayZ, and even in the real world where people are placed in the unenviable position of being confronted by the horrifying choice 'Do I starve to death or eat human flesh?' good people have chosen to eat human flesh. The chilean miners admitted considering it, the plane crash survivors in the andes actually did it, most of them medical students, Japanese officers in the burmese jungle did it, History is littered with examples and some cultures still engage in it, although it's becoming extremely rare.

Anyone who has read the book or seen the film 'The road' will know just how frighteningly believable it would be, after an apocalyptic event, for certain folks to sink to the required depths and think nothing of hunting down and killing others in order to engage in the act of consuming manflesh.

Although the idea of cannibalism is highly disturbing to right thinking people, there are certain circumstances where it could conceivably be forgiven, rape however can never be justified - there is no plausible situation where a person could be faced with the dilemma 'do i rape that person or do i die?'.

If that clumsy comparison forms the sole basis for your objections to the inclusion of cannibalism in this magnificent horror game then i'm afraid you have no real objection at all!

Edited by Guetapens
  • Like 4

Although the idea of cannibalism is exremely disturbing to right thinking people, there are certain circumstances where it can be forgiven, rape however can never be justified - there is no plausible situation where a person could be faced with the dilemma 'do i rape that person or do i die?'.

Man I am going to hell for laughing at your last sentence, but yeah you are right. I dont see how cannibalism would set DAYZ in a bad light. I mean did you ever played hostel? This is way worse then everything you will ever see in DAYZ, including cannibalism.

• Like 3

One thing that actually happens if you eat too much human meat is that you start getting uncontrollable muscle spasms and shakes.

An easy con to add in.

Still would have to "gut" a human and take their human meat steaks... And cook em'.

• Like 3

I like the idea, it would add a really dark creepy twisted factor to the game :3

hehe, like it needs it =), but my god there would be something dreadful in knowing that those fellas chasing you through cherno meant to eat you

I think it's a great idea, a gruesome one, but nonetheless a great one. Maybe one of the side effects after you've butchered a cerftain amount of corpses is that you get a blood lust, and it takes over your hunger icon, and to survive you must kill other survivors to dull this lust for blood.

I applaud your sickening curiosity, as I think this game needs to far more gruesome then it will ever be, due to media generated taboos

Where im puzzled is how this curiosity of yours didnt lead you to the SEARCH bar.

I think it's a great idea, a gruesome one, but nonetheless a great one. Maybe one of the side effects after you've butchered a cerftain amount of corpses is that you get a blood lust, and it takes over your hunger icon, and to survive you must kill other survivors to dull this lust for blood.

So the player would be a zombie in a sense. Immune to other zombies?

Edited by MLI

You sir, may have my beans, i think this would put a new level to the "Player Dictation" if you may call it that in the game. ex: Do i shoot this dude, or hide? do i attract this horde of zombies and rush the to a bandit camp? DO I EAT THIS DEAD BODY? F*** IT IM BLINKIN RED ON HUNGER xD

Edited by Undrun SIgna