ersan

DayZ.ST - $30/mo for 50 Slot US/EU Servers - FTP - DayZ 1.8.0.3 - Epoch 1.0.3.1 - Instant Setup - Custom Panel - Live Map Tool

I get paid tonight at midnight and i'll be contacting you guys... i HATE that tcadmin shit and i just had to cancel my server with another provider because every little change i made caused the server not to load. And it was just a overall PITA

I have been running a server for a little while, no really big issues apart from slow loot spawns, but that's it. Stability is great pings are good too I have South African players that reach 200 ping on my server (hosted in the UK) and dutch players that hit the 25-30 ping.

I am running on the company hive and what I would really like is a hive forum. Where the hive members can talk to each other, set up clans, and clan matches etc..

So if anyone that owns a hive server can PM me, we can talk about setting up a free one until we feel we can buy an actual domain, or the provider sets one up for us.

The future plans for the control panel look really cool, and I am especially looking forward to the inventory set up for new spawns, so I can at least give them a hatchet to defend themselves.

So in short, great provider, quick set-up, and relatively cheap too!

I have one question though, will dayz.st also host stand alone servers once the stand alone version is out?

I know information may be scarce but I'd like to stay with this provider when the stand alone is released.

Another related one is, will I be able to seamlessly switch my account over from mod, to stand alone?

I

Edited by Duckimus Maximus
  • Like 1

I intended on buying a server tonight. Unfortunately paypal insisted that my normal purchase option was unavailable, and wanted me to add another card to my account. Shame.

Ended up getting a Server. I selected a UK server, After Payment I got a US server. Still waiting on Live Support getting back to me.

Posting again to say its been sorted within the first hour of Office Hours. Very Nice good service. Thank you.

• Like 1

Hey guys, sorry I was out of town for the last 3 days, glad to see the interest :)

Hi, just a couple of questions:

1. are EU server still available?

2. is it possible to manually update the remoteexec.txt, the others anti-cheats files and the banlist?

3. how do you manage the game updates / Arma2 beta updates? Auto update? How long does it take usually?

Thank you!

1. Yep, UK servers are still available but we are out of official instanceID's and dayz hasn't approved any in the last 6 days so I'm not holding my breath - private hives are available.

2. Yes, you'll have to send an e-mail to support or open a live chat and we can add it for you - will work on a way to edit them through the panel soon.

3. Right now they are auto-updated at approximately midnight GMT if there was a change on Six Launcher - the servers are all given a 10 minute warning, shut down, files updated, and start back up. What I plan to do, however, is to add an option to the panel to select which arma 2 beta and dayz version to use - "Latest" will also be an option and what that will do is automatically select the latest arma2 or dayz version the next time the server restarts, so there will be no unscheduled restarts. That way it will run the latest version at the next restart or you can manually restart the server and have it update.

Any idea when the $30 offer ends? am currently toying with renting a server and will NOT be ordering one before next week so I wondered if the offer will still stand

Probably not for a couple months, not until we sell out at least 8 servers (currently there are only 3)

I intended on buying a server tonight. Unfortunately paypal insisted that my normal purchase option was unavailable, and wanted me to add another card to my account. Shame.

We'll try to work on adding direct credit card processing to the site but this may take a couple weeks - sorry for the inconvenience.

Posting again to say its been sorted within the first hour of Office Hours. Very Nice good service. Thank you.

Indeed! Sorry about the problem it was a typo in the site code - it has been resolved.

I have been running a server for a little while, no really big issues apart from slow loot spawns, but that's it. Stability is great pings are good too I have South African players that reach 200 ping on my server (hosted in the UK) and dutch players that hit the 25-30 ping.

I am running on the company hive and what I would really like is a hive forum. Where the hive members can talk to each other, set up clans, and clan matches etc..

So if anyone that owns a hive server can PM me, we can talk about setting up a free one until we feel we can buy an actual domain, or the provider sets one up for us.

The future plans for the control panel look really cool, and I am especially looking forward to the inventory set up for new spawns, so I can at least give them a hatchet to defend themselves.

So in short, great provider, quick set-up, and relatively cheap too!

I have one question though, will dayz.st also host stand alone servers once the stand alone version is out?

I know information may be scarce but I'd like to stay with this provider when the stand alone is released.

Another related one is, will I be able to seamlessly switch my account over from mod, to stand alone?

I

Absolutely, I've made it my personal goal is to be the first provider offering DayZ standalone servers. I don't know how the standalone will work but if it's not too difficult I'm sure I'll be able to write a script that lets you switch between standalone and mod versions. The hive databases will be different of course.

I can probably provide you with a domain and a basic forum for the dayz.st community hive but I haven't got the time to moderate it - if you want to find people I'd be happy to set it up.

Edited by ersan191
  • Like 1

Hey guys, sorry I was out of town for the last 3 days, glad to see the interest :)

1. Yep, UK servers are still available but we are out of official instanceID's and dayz hasn't approved any in the last 6 days so I'm not holding my breath - private hives are available.

Awww.. Looking for one on the official hive...

Awww.. Looking for one on the official hive...

Try to get ahold of me on Live Chat, I might be able to do something for you.

Edited by ersan191

Trying to pay for a server and it keeps sending me to an Echeque payment even though there are more than enough funds in the account to pay for 1 server, any idea why? Don't want to make an Echeque payment because it takes 5-7 days and I want the server asap.

PS I asked on here as Livechat is offline and I am impatient.

Never mind I just noticed you are not doing official hive, don't want one unless it public hive

Edited by Oldy1Kenobi

Trying to pay for a server and it keeps sending me to an Echeque payment even though there are more than enough funds in the account to pay for 1 server, any idea why? Don't want to make an Echeque payment because it takes 5-7 days and I want the server asap.

PS I asked on here as Livechat is offline and I am impatient.

Never mind I just noticed you are not doing official hive, don't want one unless it public hive

Still waiting on getting more InstanceID's approved, been 7 days now with no answer from the DayZ team, others are having similar problems. Not sure why it's requiring an e-check payment, are you sure it wasn't just trying to use your bank account as a backup funding source for the subscription? Either way we immediately create servers that are paid for via eCheck and only delete them if the eCheck fails.

Still waiting on getting more InstanceID's approved, been 7 days now with no answer from the DayZ team, others are having similar problems.

Well, they were denied. Sorry, we aren't going to let you try to run 14 instances on a six-core 2.0GHz server...

Well, they were denied. Sorry, we aren't going to let you try to run 14 instances on a six-core 2.0GHz server...

... they are dual six-core machines for a total of 12 cores, as was noted in the CPU description in the instanceID requests, as all of the other servers I have ever ordered with you that were approved have been, and as is perfectly in line with and far below your two-instances-per-core requirement ...

EDIT: apparently the world 'Dual' was left out of the form, my mistake. These are dual Xeon E5-2620 machines with 12 cores, not 6.

In any case we freed up some old instanceID's so we have official servers available in both locations right now, and there will be more in the US if the dayz team reads the order again and clicks the accept button.

Switching from a private to official hive now has to be cleared with support due to abuse/overuse. Feel free to contact us if this is what you want to do.

Edited by ersan191

New feature: You can now edit the items players who join your private hive server will start with in an easy-to-use graphical interface!

uxN57.jpg

It works well but isn't super polished just yet - will work on that a bit when my designer is awake. PLEASE let me know of any bugs or issues with it, any items missing (that you are sure aren't banned in the DayZ client), and any way you might suggest I make it better.

Edited by ersan191

So, you do rent Lingor servers, correct?

Question - for instance, right now I play on a server that claims 600+ vehicles (it has nearly that it seems). Would I be able to modify a configuration file to do something such as that (on a private hive of course)? Also, is there a way to get less slots or limit the slots? Not interested in getting a better deal as these are awesomely priced (although wouldn't vote against it, ;)), but for instance the server I play on (same mentioned above) gets really bad when there are 30 people on or so, so if I could limit it to 25 simultaneous people or something that would be nice.

Very interested in ordering one, really great prices.

So, you do rent Lingor servers, correct?

Question - for instance, right now I play on a server that claims 600+ vehicles (it has nearly that it seems). Would I be able to modify a configuration file to do something such as that (on a private hive of course)? Also, is there a way to get less slots or limit the slots? Not interested in getting a better deal as these are awesomely priced (although wouldn't vote against it, ;)), but for instance the server I play on (same mentioned above) gets really bad when there are 30 people on or so, so if I could limit it to 25 simultaneous people or something that would be nice.

Very interested in ordering one, really great prices.

Yes we do Lingor (and you can switch between maps whenever you want).

You can put as many vehicles as you want on it as long as you know how to modify the spawns table, there's usually only 70 or so vehicle spawns by default so you would have to add new spawn locations to the database if you want them (it's fairly easy to do).

We can limit the server to less than 40 players if you desire, just contact support after you order. (though our servers should do fine at 40 players)

Edited by ersan191
  • Like 1

Yes we do Lingor (and you can switch between maps whenever you want).

You can put as many vehicles as you want on it as long as you know how to modify the spawns table, there's usually only 70 or so vehicle spawns by default so you would have to add new spawn locations to the database if you want them (it's fairly easy to do).

We can limit the server to less than 40 players if you desire, just contact support after you order. (though our servers should do fine at 40 players)

I think I might be ordering one today! Awesome news. Also another question, when the standalone comes out, will we be able to just switch the current servers over easily (as in keep my subscription but transfer to the new game)?

Edited by Guitar
  • Like 1

Any plans to support the new panthera map that has been released here http://www.tunngle.n...oo/page__st__80 ? Looks like a seriously awesome map for DayZ and by the same person that designed the Lingor map, it is also bliss supported

Sure, I'll give it a shot when I get home in an hour or so.

Finished, new map added: Panthera - available for private and company hive only (there is no official hive). The vehicle map in the control panel will not work with Panthera until I get a higher-resolution image of the map and can do some testing.

FPtiK.png

I have packed up all the latest files you need to play (including the new certificates and keys that were posted about an hour ago) - you can download the package at http://dayz.st/files/DayZPanthera_1.3.zip

There is also a test server up at:

IP: 198.105.218.156

Port: 2302

Hive: DayZ.ST Shared Hive

Side Chat: Enabled

Max Vehicles: 50

Edited by ersan191

I keep getting this mate, it's saying my keys are not accepted. But it lets me join your test server

15evddh.jpg

Edited by Audio Rejectz

I keep getting this mate, it's saying my keys are not accepted. But it lets me join your test server

I think I fixed it - sorry forgot to copy the new key file to London - it should work the next time your server restarts.

EDIT: I restarted it for you and it seems to work fine, sorry about that! The map creator doesn't seem very happy with me hosting servers for his map though, he downvoted my post on tunngle.

I'll be on live chat for a little while to troubleshoot any problems.

Edited by ersan191

Updated Panthera to v1.3

Full download including the map here: http://dayz.st/files/DayZPanthera_1.3.zip

Official download (just @dayz_panthera2, no map) here: http://www.mediafire.com/?2czo3qtjgi8ujrg

Files are from this thread: http://www.tunngle.net/community/topic/97961-dayz-meets-panthera-island-updated-to-version-1-3/

Edited by ersan191

I think I might be ordering one today! Awesome news. Also another question, when the standalone comes out, will we be able to just switch the current servers over easily (as in keep my subscription but transfer to the new game)?

Yep, assuming that the resource requirements are similar (CPU, hard drive, etc) - you'll be able to switch to standalone through an option in the control panel when it becomes available.

Oooo Nice updates, I havn't been on my server in a few days :P