rocket

Hotfix Build 1.7.2.6 Rolling Update

no updated hive files?

edit: never mind... just read my email :D

Edited by nohrt

If the glitches are truly fixed, then thank you. This may repopulate the north again and bring people out of elektro. We may see some action at NWAF again on a daily basis.

• Like 2

Rocket, i was just about to post this on the pending update thread but it got locked. It would be nice to get some guideline regarding vehicles and tents and what's their life-cycle now, what to do, what not to do.

(Well right now i don't know if the tent/vehicle save got release since it's not in the changelog anymore, but just in case here it goes)

I mean, ie:

- Will the tents now get destroyed and wiped out if we ran over it with a vehicle? That would be at least a mean of removing dupped tents with no contents at all, if a hive "tent-wipe" is not possible.

- What happens now if you pack a tent? Does the server automatically updates that writing to the hive, removing the tent from the mysql database?

- Does the tent allow multiple saves? I mean, we place them, now we take items out of it or add new ones, and save again, does it work like a charm?. Just as an idea, some hammering prevention code would be nice. If you want to save the tent like 5 times in 2 seconds, this should be blocked by the server code, and give some output message to the players GUI like "You must wait 3 minutes before saving your tent again".

That would lessen the strain on the database, avoid mysql locking, etc. But well i don't know the internals, you surely have though of this lot's of times.

- Is the owner of the tent (the one who placed it) the only one allowed to save it? When some else removes items, it automatically updates to the hive?

If we can get info on all these possible use case scenarios, that would be great, for two reasons. Collaborate on the use-case tests and also to feedback from the MP exprience, what works, what doesn't, etc.

IMPORTANT: Please, if it's not a hard task, and i'm just guessing in the wind for what i have seen that it's not, could you log to the .RPT file who killed someone?.

ie: Player JohnDoe was killed by WilliamDafoe.

This is VERY important for us admins to mitigate the hackers. Right now, i could have all the proof of a hacker (for example a video of someone getting teleported and killed), and i could see his death in the .RPT file, but can't know who killed him on a non-gametags server such as mine. So i can't punish the hacker.

For more info:

http://dayzmod.com/forum/index.php?/topic/82535-modification-to-kill-messages/

And the eventHandler (onPlayerKilled)

https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/Event_Scripts

Thx in advance, keep up the good job.

Cheers from Argentina.

• Like 14

the only bug who destroys the game massivly is the tent and cars not saving bug and now its not in the changelog? wtf ...

• Like 5

^

Still doesen't say anything about vehicles saving properly and flipping atv's.

Still doesen't say anything about vehicles saving properly and flipping atv's.

Vehicles it's also fixed I think. The flipping option, I guess it didn't make it but not sure.

After updating our server and hive file, we are getting this: This server is running an incorrect version of the server side application. You cannot play on this server. If you are the server admin please contact DayZ staff.

the only bug who destroys the game massivly is the tent and cars not saving bug and now its not in the changelog? wtf ...

How about that lovely bug that spawns you on the beach half the time you spawn on a server?

Flame to have it done for today... untankfull ppl