mattlightfoot

Should we remove barbed wire in the next update

Barbed Wire  

1. 1. Should we remove barbed wire?

• Yes
    • No

Yes, for now at least. When countermeasures are included it should be fine to include the wire. As long as its good and balanced. Right now it just feels like an inconvenience, that makes me quite irate.

Cosmetics? I put an empty coyote in the middle of a field and surrounded it with barbed wire.

I then proceeded to to watch 2 noobs try to get inside the barbed wire for about 40 minutes....when I had purposely placed the barbed wire close enough so that it could be grabbed from the outside.

They both failed and left.

It is a source of great entertainment and the people who want it removed do so because it can be difficult to get around.

Difficult seems to = NO in this god damned community.

• Like 1

Until better fortification, barricading and general base/settlement mechanised are built into the game it's mostly useless and only serves to annoy. No one carries it or goes out to scavenge for it, they just find it in warehouses and use it 'cos it's there.

This.

• Like 4

A yes vote from me, even when you find a tool box it can be difficult to find the correct point on barbed wire to remove it and as they say "time is money" or in this game "time is life" can be stood in a firestation for 10 minutes looking to remove it. and least we forget the graphical bugs..

• Like 1

I'd definitely vote No.

Barbed wire is annoying for new players but that's part of the game. If as you said you've fixed the artefacts, then most people will be more than happy to keep it (as it was a main cause pre-patch).

EDIT: If possible, making it easier to remove (WITH TOOLBOX) would be good - allowing players to scroll on to any part of it to remove, and not just the poles.

Edited by Domje
  • Like 2

Cosmetics? I put an empty coyote in the middle of a field and surrounded it with barbed wire.

I then proceeded to to watch 2 noobs try to get inside the barbed wire for about 40 minutes....when I had purposely placed the barbed wire close enough so that it could be grabbed from the outside.

It is a source of great entertainment and the people who want it removed do so because it can be difficult to get around.

Yeah, i kind of assumed that he meant the barbed wire that is near the dead soldier bodies and on road blocks etc.

Not the wire fencing kit players can put down. Maybe he means both...some clarification would be good.

Edit

Happy birthday Matt. (saw someone else say this...so thought i would too)

Edited by GeordieMarv

My 2 cents.

The game is an alpha at this stage, so this allows for experimentation.

Yes, remove it for now if the testing still shows it causes visual bugs. On later versions after adding other features which will revive the mod and bring back players, they can be gradually added back with serious testing.

Features were removed from the mod in the past and brought back (bandit skins and whatever)

• Like 1

I think you should remove everything next patch. Not forever I mean, just ya now...wipe the hives so I can encounter a person or two NOT in a ghillie suit with and AS50 and L85, that might be cool for a couple dayz. Oh and delete tents while your at it too until they are fixed. Thanks Matt! :D

no, i think its part of the game. (but it would be better if it can stop zombies)

but barb wire are usefull (road blockade) and stuff like that

not EVERY one use them to troll people (blocking entrance)

dont remove them please

+1

Yes! It's only ever used for blocking places, and it's bloody annoying!

Allthough its usefull for a few things like that (and fliping cars) most people just barb wire costal citys with it preventing people from gearing aswell as being a pain in the ass to remove

No don't take it away, I normaly use it to make sure there is only one way into a building by zombies to my camp :)

Needs to be removed the only time i see it being used is by hackers that just spawn tons of it to piss people off

+1 Agreed

I must say this. but just make so it just takes more time to get over wired fences. like people trying to go over it carefully just so they wont cut themselves.

what i am saying don't take stuff out of the game. add more ways to cope with it.

• Like 2

Yes: remove it or fix it. At present it causes more problems that it’s worth: it respawns after being removed; it doesn’t stop zombies; it’s very hard (sometimes impossible) to remove when you have a toolbox. I don’t think it offers enough benefit at the moment to be worth all the problems.

• Like 1