insitv

Demystification of the DayZ loot spawn system [SPOILER]

And, of course, the loot system has been redesigned, so this doesn't work anymore. Loot farming is not really a viable option anymore.

And, of course, the loot system has been redesigned, so this doesn't work anymore. Loot farming is not really a viable option anymore.

.. hum in fact, it's always work i think, on 1.7.x.x that working, on 1.8 a bug on loot spawn will be fixed, we just wait validation i think.

Edited by -Oman-

No, I'm referring to the description of the loot system described in this thread. As of 1.8, the loot system no longer functions in the manner described here. Loot farming is not longer a viable option... that's a feature of the new release and not a bug.

i have read just 10 min will be 15min but system will be not changed. if i'm wrong, excuse me for this dug up.

in case of that just 15min but system will be same, so my question is already current.

EDIT : in fact, on system loot spawn, with 10min became 15min, there is another change :

* [uPDATED] - Loot spawning radius increase from 120 to 125. (takes into account run speed from start to finish)

but sorry, i'm not agree with you, system of loot is the same, so my answer is not just a dug up.

so, insitv, if you are always here, thanks for your time :)

Edited by -Oman-

Hi Insitv,

Thanks a lot for this really good/helpfull topics, and please excuse my bad english, i'm french (Don't shoot ! son't shoot !) and had not good student. my bad...

So, I think that I all understand on your topic, but one point is alway dark for me. The FIRST loot spawn.

if "getPosATL player" send you are into 120 to 30 meter, bulding loot. and after, all ten minutes if player stay on 120 to 30 meter bulding loot again on free loot spawn.

But, if a player run on bulding for the first time, the bulding is empty. so i had think that getpostalt player was return with a delay. In fact i have already test under 10 minutes on first loot timer, and loot spwan was good.

So, my question, do you already know what time we need to stay on 120 to 30 meter to have a loot spawn for the first visit

ps : all tests are doing on a private serv with nobody, so it cannot be the fault of a player was here or not. I had used tag meter, to be sure of my results, on the corner of bulding (corner was most closer than me)

have a nice day and thanks for your time.

Why can't you guys fokken stop bumping shit-ass old threads all the damn time? Damn this is making me upset.

Old thread? Are you kidding me? The last post before oman was on 13 august...  Old so what! Thread is interesting!

You can still farm loot and i'm still doing it. But the trick is now different. Waiting nearby the building won't work anymore. 

The current loot system isn't bugged. It was bugged on 1.7.7.1, you could run to a city or buildings too fast and nothing would spawn. On 1.8.1, The spawn will be less again but not bad as 1.7.7.1. 

i have read just 10 min will be 15min but system will be not changed. if i'm wrong, excuse me for this dug up.

in case of that just 15min but system will be same, so my question is already current.

EDIT : in fact, on system loot spawn, with 10min became 15min, there is another change :

* [uPDATED] - Loot spawning radius increase from 120 to 125. (takes into account run speed from start to finish)

but sorry, i'm not agree with you, system of loot is the same, so my answer is not just a dug up.

so, insitv, if you are always here, thanks for your time :)

Have at it then. :) The above only accounts for the approach of a player into an area. Loot will now begin spawning at 125m to account for running speed. It says nothing about when fresh loot will spawn again. But some people need to learn by doing. Enjoy.

Old thread? Are you kidding me? The last post before oman was on 13 august...  Old so what! Thread is interesting!

You can still farm loot and i'm still doing it. But the trick is now different. Waiting nearby the building won't work anymore. 

The current loot system isn't bugged. It was bugged on 1.7.7.1, you could run to a city or buildings too fast and nothing would spawn. On 1.8.1, The spawn will be less again but not bad as 1.7.7.1. 

First, Thanks for your help, Troll are everywhere apparently ..

I'dont understand why you say we cannot wait nerby a bulding, 1.7.7.1 it was be working, and i see nothing about 30 meter will be remove, just 120 to 125 or run.

In fact, i test run and it alway does'nt work. that the point to this "dug up" because, ma first and only question,

"do you already know what time we need to stay on 120 to 30 meter to have a loot spawn for the first visit"

(yeah, I know, that 125m wouhou !!)

Edited by -Oman-

oh c'mon, a 2012 Thread? Just lock this stuff...you are just confusing people with this old stuff. I suggest, create a new thread for loot spawn explainations or just a thread to discuss in general...

FYI, in patch 1.8 zed's and loot both have a chance to spawn while you're in a vehicle. I'm not sure of the parameters, but it has happened to me consistently over the last week.

I guess this is not the case in DayZ standalone, at least at this moment the loot only spawn when the server restarts... :(

So you can sabotage a high value military building with toilet roll and old cans? :lol:

Thanks for this information. It's always interesting to peak behind the curtain.

However, I don't plan to use the information. I like my gameplay to be "organic" if it makes sense. Ignorant of the mechanics, relying on luck of the draw. That's part of what makes the game interesting. If I know how to increase my luck overall, it kind of kills it for me.

But! No hate for those who prefer to use this system to their advantage. Just don't shoot me, bro!

I'm really glad this thread was necro'd.  This is really useful information.

It doesn't benefit me that much as I'm way too paranoid to ever sit still for very long.  I always like to be on the move.  But still great to see the loot system demystified a bit.