Sign in to follow this  
ljrobison@live.com

What exactly is ghosting?

Now let me start off by saying I DO NOT WANT TO KNOW HOW TO GHOST.

All I'm asking is, what exactly is it in DayZ? I know in League of Legends or Dota2 it involves watching a live stream of the game you're playing if you just happen to be playing against a streamer. Which would basically give you a maphack.

Now the reason I'm asking is because I always see people complaining about ghosting and I believe me and my two friends have been a victim of it.

We were in electro walking around and someone shoots my friend and he goes unconscious. I start following him while my other friend epipens my other friend.

I watch this guy run directly into the church. I am positive of it. So I keep an eye on the exit and wait for my friends. We all rush in and look all around and he is not in there, not between the aisles, corners, nothing. I'm also positive he ever left the Church.

After a few seconds standing there thinking he alt f4'd, we here "don't move" followed by us getting killed by a full auto ak (I think, possibly some machine gun) to the backside of us. He kills two of us and my friend attempts to run from the church but doesn't make it.

There is no way he left the church and we checked everywhere. So I was just wondering if this was ghosting in DayZ? And also what ghosting is roughly in DayZ.

Thank you!

• Like 1

Ghosting is when you leave a server, move to your new position, then log back into the original server

• Like 7

Wow, a direct answer without insulting or ridiculing the OP...a refreshing change for these forums :)

• Like 4

"Wow, a direct answer without insulting or ridiculing the OP...a refreshing change for these forums smile.png"

I'm fairly new to this game and to this forum community, and I have to agree that this is an incredibly refreshing and concise post. 

i think that ghosting is the primary reason our toons make the reloading noise when we log into a server, to make it more difficult. i will admit ive done it several times to get a position on a sniper thats plaguing noob.

I will admit ive done it several times to get a position on a sniper thats plaguing noob.

:facepalm: :emptycan: :emptycan: :emptycan:

• Like 3