peep

Private Hive: Billy Mays Remembrance Foundation |Advanced Whitelist|Custom Loot/Buildings|24/7 Admins|IRC Support|

We had a good run yesterday, actually made some progress towards establishing our presence.

It IS a nice server. Just wish more admins played during night time (my night time at least) so I could feel a bit safer. In any case, had a great time with my friends. Community is pretty good if you take what's the average in most other servers.

Recommended.

We're currently looking for a night-time moderator to keep an eye on the server whilst me and Peep sleep. We stay up as late as humanly possible whilst still having a decent sleeping pattern as it is.

Server is updated to 1.7.2.6 now.

• Like 1

Played on this server last few days , has to be the best server ive ever played in this game so far. The admins are on everyday keeping shit in check. Onlyvrules are dont be a dick and dont hack love it.

Thanks peep and other mods for a great server

True, slow load times have been a constant as of late. Sometimes, when the server just restarted, it'll low quickly, but more often than not, it'll take about 3-5 minutes to enter the game.

Still a pretty good server though.

It's being worked on, it's a difficult issue to pin down and will take some time.

I wouldn't bother joinging this server. The admins have been accused of abusing several times and I've personally seen them ban people for 0 legitimate reason other than they felt like it. Just another private server with power crazy admins. Not worth your time.

I wouldn't bother joinging this server. The admins have been accused of abusing several times and I've personally seen them ban people for 0 legitimate reason other than they felt like it. Just another private server with power crazy admins. Not worth your time.

I find them to be fair and friendly, I have seen no hint of admin abuse while playing there.

Edited by Max Planck

There was a fair bit of admin abuse going on about a month ago or so (don't know if it still is or isn't). About 10 people got banned shortly afterwards just because "people didn't like them" and there was an accusation of scripting on *one person* (no proof though).

All that aside, the server is constantly adding new changes that sound very interesting and inventive. The admin is pretty active, so there is little-to-no hacking. I haven't played on that server in a long time so I don't really have a comment on the topic of load times, but I would recommend giving this server a try.

• Like 1

Server would be decent but the amount of admin abuse on it makes it pointless. Admins protect themselves and their friends. I recommend not bothering with this server,

Server Rating: 1 Star, only because my zero key doesn't work.

• Like 1

Server would be decent but the amount of admin abuse on it makes it pointless. Admins protect themselves and their friends. I recommend not bothering with this server,

What kind of admin abuse has there been lately. O_o

Hey fellas, great server you have there. You did a great job modding it out.

Unfortunately for me, I find 1st person in this game to be absolutely terrible. I think first person is far better suited to smaller run and gun games and maps.

If you guys decide to switch back to allowing third person please give notification on this thread. Me and about 7 of my friends will start joining back up.

I'm not entirely sure who you are, since your forum name doesn't stand out, but I did a lot of bans recently due to the extreme low quality of side chat on our server and if you were one of the people hit with that banwave then it's only done for quality control, and you were likely warned about it. Oh well, first negative post about the server in this thread so far, that's a pretty good record if you ask me! Sounds like you're just disgruntled about something you could of prevented, but if I'm incorrect in my assumption please let me know how I can improve and I'll take your feedback into consideration, as always.

Edit: Yeah, based on your post above about the server needing waypoints (which everybody disagreed on except you, so you were upset that I didn't do it), you were banned for extreme trash talk and general rudeness in chat, and a lot of people were happy to see you gone. Please find another server to play on and I'm sure you'll find something more suitable. Hell, even the statement "server needs waypoints" is a dumb thing to say considering different people prefer different things, and you have no right to demand that any particular setting is turned on unless you have the majority of the server backing you up.

On another note, third person has been disabled to gather feedback as somebody noted above, and while some people don't like the change, the responses were mostly positive. It's still up in the air but we're leaning on keeping it on for now.

Also the latest Bliss update fixed a few issues related to losing your backpack on morph among other things, but many server admins have noticed an increased load time since that update, myself included, with a rollback to an earlier version of Bliss fixing the issue. I'm not going to do that and instead I'll wait for an official fix, so be warned that the load times could be nasty if we're full, which it tends to be.

Edited by Peep

Peeps on your server I personally saw admin abuse. Orphen used side chat to give the location of someone away who had pm'd you for a restore. Orphen also threatened abuse in side chat regularly, threatening to turn peoples vehicles into different vehicles or ban them. I also personally saw you lock the server for just you and Orphen to do w/e the fuck you were doing.

You banned 2 entire clans on your server lol. Like holy fuck. You banned people in clans who didnt even do anything wrong maybe you disagree'd with their clanmates actions and you banned the entire clan. You are an abusive douchey admin hands down no arguement. You wanna stock your server with noobs and ban anyone who you just don't like thats fine, but lets not pretend you are a super nice admin who gives out warning and shit. I saw you ban people for chat w/o warning. Unless your warning is "don't be a dick" which pops up and is only enforced when you see fit.

You should take a poll, I bet a large majority of your server finds Orphen to be a dick. Guess he needs a ban lol.

Peeps on your server I personally saw admin abuse. Orphen used side chat to give the location of someone away who had pm'd you for a restore. Orphen also threatened abuse in side chat regularly, threatening to turn peoples vehicles into different vehicles or ban them. I also personally saw you lock the server for just you and Orphen to do w/e the fuck you were doing.

You banned 2 entire clans on your server lol. Like holy fuck. You banned people in clans who didnt even do anything wrong maybe you disagree'd with their clanmates actions and you banned the entire clan. You are an abusive douchey admin hands down no arguement. You wanna stock your server with noobs and ban anyone who you just don't like thats fine, but lets not pretend you are a super nice admin who gives out warning and shit. I saw you ban people for chat w/o warning. Unless your warning is "don't be a dick" which pops up and is only enforced when you see fit.

You should take a poll, I bet a large majority of your server finds Orphen to be a dick. Guess he needs a ban lol.

Since you're accusing me, allow me to respond in place of Peep.

Never once have I abused my admin powers. I have joked on occasion about placing a bus on top of the Elektro hospital which is a sort of inside joke amongst some of the regulars of the server. Feel free to PM me screenshots (or post publicly, if you want. No difference to me) of any time you think I'm abusing my powers and I'm 100% certain I can give you a logical explanation.

As Peep already posted, bans that aren't for hacking are because you're abusing people in side chat. This isn't Call of Duty, we don't want to hear "UMAD BRO" 24/7 in our side chat. We don't want to hear you complain about dying or brag excessively because you managed to kill someone.

We've banned entire clans before for a reason. Don't bring half the story to the forums to try and win your side. Usually when we find a suspcious character within a clan, we ban the entire clan so we can hear their side of the story on our forums. Do you really want a clan of possible hackers running around on the server? I don't want to have to clean up that mess. If you don't believe me, we have clans that play now that have been banned and unbanned due to those circumstances. The only exception to that rule is the fact we had to ban an entire clan for being complete and utter idiots in side.

I'm not sure why I need to explain this to you, we locked the server to test a change in the "was killed by" code since the previous setup would spam the message after every shot landed. We were worried it would be a never-ending spam of "was attacked by" so rather than let players in only for us to realise our mistake and take it down immediately after, we locked it for FIVE minutes whilst we checked it out.

Lastly, you can clearly see the rules on the forums and as the in-game periodic messages. You do not smacktalk heavily in chat. You do not act like an idiot in chat. We don't need anymore reason than that to ban people, but strangely enough we give them a warning anyway. Haven't you seen the RCON message of 'Knock it off in side chat.' ? You should have. It was targetted at you plenty of times.

• Like 1

Had a few hours of downtime due to a hardware upgrade. We're back now, and a Lingor Island server should be coming up tomorrow.

Edit: Lingor is up!

Edited by Peep

Added a custom mission file that adds a lot of fixes the debug monitor and prevents many duping methods.

Great idea (you have my beans sir)... Haven't played for a while (hackers are a pain in the ass) but just joined your forum (UID: Albert & Lies, number ID will follow)

Since I have been gone for a while this whitelistthingy is new to me, how does this whitelist work? Can I just join your server?

Edited by Slartybartfast

As long as you signup on the website you should be able to get into the game just fine. It checks the IP you logged into the forums with against the IP you joined the game with and if they match, whitelists the GUID.

Must say I'm really happy I joined this server, the community is solid (with the occasional douche, but that can't be helped), the game runs smoothly (besides some long load times if you happened to miss the last restart) and they listen to request (there is now mods online around the late-night hours).

Highly recommended.

PD: Perhaps you could look into that building model that the guys at the Asylum cooked up? That'd be a nice addition until the devs get their own system. (http://dayzmod.com/forum/index.php?/topic/87468-the-asylum-introduces-construction-and-more/page__hl__asylum)

Edited by Deathcall

The only thing being worked on gameplay wise is adding new buildings with balanced loot spawns into the game.

Stuff like that requires the client to install those addons to be able to play, which is something I'd like to avoid.

There was a fair bit of admin abuse going on about a month ago or so (don't know if it still is or isn't). About 10 people got banned shortly afterwards just because "people didn't like them" and there was an accusation of scripting on *one person* (no proof though).

All that aside, the server is constantly adding new changes that sound very interesting and inventive. The admin is pretty active, so there is little-to-no hacking. I haven't played on that server in a long time so I don't really have a comment on the topic of load times, but I would recommend giving this server a try.

We were that clan, the clan I am in were regulars and well known on the server - we killed and stole vehicles from one of the admins, he then abused us in side chat with his friends and everytime we responded to defend ourselves he threatened to ban us. He kept on trying to provoke us, some responded and argued with him trying to defend themselves from accusations of being hackers etc (which the admins knew none of us were, confirmed by another admin after log check). They banned our whole clan and the admin went unpunished. We did argue back with the guy, but his actions and abuse across side chat was unnacceptable in the first place.

The real lesson learned was don't kill a cherno camping sniper who has admin access.